Author Topic: Not looking good for Hands on Me  (Read 15548 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Not looking good for Hands on Me
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 10:17:42 pm »
i took that pic lol...
but i think irv wants to do more for the artists he KNOWS will sell a lot because of their past records with him, V is still new to him, and you also have to remember that it might not all be irvs fault, music stores might not want to advertise her because they are unsure of how much her cd might sell because of harmonium, which was a great album that didnt get the chancet it deserved. i think i need to start a publicity career or be a record producer for all of the artists that havent been given the support they deserve.

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2008, 01:04:00 am »
I think Irv is trying to get his company back on good groudning and Vanessa may get more sales with better advertising but his other artists will bring in a lot more money. I'm sure Irv is trying hard to get Vanessa promotion but first he really needs to make sure Vanessa has a record company that can be stable.

I have seen zero promotion for Hands on Me and the radio here in Texas does not play it at all. Things aren't looking to well, the video needs to be released quickly so the single and album won't suffer from it being out too long without anhy notice.

I think for promotion there needs to be performances at talk shows a lot more and guest spots. In stores they should play the song a lot more inside malls and show the videos in the record store a long with a stand of Vanessa CDs. Vanessa may not like it too much but she's gotta associate herself more with her Thousand Miles image.

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 04:35:12 am »
They need to announce something, and fast.

And about Irv and his label. His other artists, like Ja Rule haven't had a "comeback" either. I saw that he has a single out. And the same with Ashanti. But there isn't much buzz around them either. I really hope they catch on, cause that will mean Vanessa has a chance as well.

She sure made a risk signing with a hip-hop label.

LadyLavender

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 08:26:45 am »
as horrible as this sounds, i kinda think vanessa needs to be put in the tabloids more. think of artists who are absolutely horrible, but sell millions because people hear about them constantly. the only time anyone hears about V is either randomly on VH1 or in sporatic magazine interviews...

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2008, 08:36:27 am »
Quote from: "LadyLavender"
as horrible as this sounds, i kinda think vanessa needs to be put in the tabloids more. think of artists who are absolutely horrible, but sell millions because people hear about them constantly. the only time anyone hears about V is either randomly on VH1 or in sporatic magazine interviews...

yeah, this is a bit extreme, but I think it would definitely help her get in the media.

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2008, 09:19:09 am »
Well, in a nice change, it's starting to gain daily again.

It gained 5 since yesterday, which is fair.

47    47       VANESSA CARLTON    Hands On Me    165    143    22    0.227

Still stuck at #47, but when recurrents go later this afternoon, she might move up a few.

Butz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2008, 09:25:12 am »
Yeah tabloids.

It's the way things work nowadays.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2008, 10:20:42 am »
Quote from: "Butz"

And about Irv and his label. His other artists, like Ja Rule haven't had a "comeback" either. I saw that he has a single out. And the same with Ashanti. But there isn't much buzz around them either. I really hope they catch on, cause that will mean Vanessa has a chance as well.

llyod banks has done okay, i think. but the rest have flopped too, so it's definitley something with the label as opposed to the artists material.

i think ashanti will have a good comeback. her new song is hot and people are still checking for her. i don't think Irv will be behind promoting her project though, even though she's on his label because they don't have anything to do with eachother after she wasn't loyal to him when the money laundering fiasco came about. i think she'll be getting help from somewhere else in that department.

either way, i'm crossing everything for a comeback for V.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2008, 10:49:57 am »
Quote from: "Bigtuna"
Well, in a nice change, it's starting to gain daily again.

It gained 5 since yesterday, which is fair.

47    47       VANESSA CARLTON    Hands On Me    165    143    22    0.227

Still stuck at #47, but when recurrents go later this afternoon, she might move up a few.

heyyy. :)
which site is that that you get the info from?

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

nickjonasfan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2008, 12:26:23 pm »
hhmm.. i agree with everyone here and i was thinking of doing another fansite, but instead of a fansite, like a self promotion site. where people can promote vanessa in their own private time, or say they have schoolboards they can go and post it there with printable papers on it. you know? i could also make graphics that people could put on their myspace. also, i use to own another fansite that has about 1-100 online and i could post it and not sure if people will, but they might buy her music.

i think hse just needs alot of promotion, but it will take awhile.

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2008, 01:28:40 pm »
While things were starting to look really good...

It's lost 6 spins overnight.

47    45       VANESSA CARLTON    Hands On Me    159    148    11    0.232

The bullet could be gone within days.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2008, 01:31:01 pm »
Quote from: "nickjonasfan"
hhmm.. i agree with everyone here and i was thinking of doing another fansite, but instead of a fansite, like a self promotion site. where people can promote vanessa in their own private time, or say they have schoolboards they can go and post it there with printable papers on it. you know? i could also make graphics that people could put on their myspace. also, i use to own another fansite that has about 1-100 online and i could post it and not sure if people will, but they might buy her music.

i think hse just needs alot of promotion, but it will take awhile.

the nessaholics can only do so much. it's now down to Irv.

the fate of "hands on me" lies in that dudes' hands.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2008, 07:36:56 pm »
Quote from: "Bigtuna"
While things were starting to look really good...

It's lost 6 spins overnight.

47    45       VANESSA CARLTON    Hands On Me    159    148    11    0.232

The bullet could be gone within days.

At least it moved up the chart. :?
 I'm gonna go make some requests...
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

HITMAN

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 07:57:06 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"

llyod banks
has done okay, i think. but the rest have flopped too, so it's definitley something with the label as opposed to the artists material.

i think ashanti will have a good comeback. her new song is hot and people are still checking for her. i don't think Irv will be behind promoting her project though, even though she's on his label because they don't have anything to do with eachother after she wasn't loyal to him when the money laundering fiasco came about. i think she'll be getting help from somewhere else in that department.

Lloyd banks is a rapper on g-unit records. The artist you are referring to is simply Lloyd. He is an rnb singer from New Orleans.

Just remember that Irv is new to Vanessa's genre. A lot of his connections  are hip hop and r&b oriented, so he cant exactly tell urban djs to throw on this hands on me record, if you know what I mean. At this point in time, heroes and thieves looks like a failed attempt at something new by Irv. He needs to get his act together and learn how to do things differently if he wants to succeed (in general). If you are unsure on exactly how he gets a record broken in the industry watch these videos http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos/irv+gotti
THE SECOND COMING - MAKE OR BREAK TIME

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 08:13:01 pm »
Quote from: "HITMAN"
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"

llyod banks
has done okay, i think. but the rest have flopped too, so it's definitley something with the label as opposed to the artists material.

Lloyd banks is a rapper on g-unit records. The artist you are referring to is simply Lloyd. He is an rnb singer from New Orleans.

Just remember that Irv is new to Vanessa's genre. A lot of his connections  are hip hop and r&b oriented, so he cant exactly tell urban djs to throw on this hands on me record, if you know what I mean. At this point in time, heroes and thieves looks like a failed attempt at something new by Irv. He needs to get his act together and learn how to do things differently if he wants to succeed (in general). If you are unsure on exactly how he gets a record broken in the industry watch these videos http://www.artistshousemusic.org/videos/irv+gotti

I fully agree....

I think that Irv is doing a great job so far with the promotion. Sure the cd did not go all crazy hit list seller and stuff but like HITMAN said, irv's new to this genre. I am sure Hands on me will take off anyways.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.