Author Topic: Will you still be a fan after H&T?  (Read 31576 times)

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
Will you still be a fan after H&T?
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2008, 01:37:58 am »
And I've got just the thing.....................  :D  :D

And it's SUPER top secret..................  :)  :D  :)  :D  :)

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2008, 01:47:27 am »
nice to see you posting again.

Agent

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2008, 07:36:45 am »
I hope she doesn't stop making music, she's one of the best artists I've heard of in my opinion, I only find it sad that she doesn't get promoted that often, honestly, I mean, she's a lot better than a lot of stuff I hear on the radio everyday.  I don't really get it, but then again, the same thing happens to me, I do a lot of good things but the only ones who get credit are the ones who don't do anything except slack off (I'm referring to boy scouts in this).

Also, who made that graphic version of Vanessa?  It's really good.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2008, 10:35:07 am »
I honestly think she just doesn't like smiling for the paparazzi, I can understand that, it must be crazy standing at the ad wall with all the cameras yelling Vanessa over here, look over here. She does have joy, she was extremely [i guess you could even say] bubbly when i met her, she smiled, and was so sweet, it might be because i am a younger person, but its good that she does put on a smile. I honestly like that she isn't happy and overjoyed everytime she goes to a fashion show or premiere, it shows that she is real and doesn't pretend to be that annoying always happy person. thats just my thought.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »
Quote from: "NolitaUnicorn"
Well.....................All I can say is that nothing short of an all out nuclear holocaust would detour me from ever stop me from loving V...........I mean she was an absolute angel when I met her so.................I can't say anything bad

But honestly I think she is dealing with some serious emotional issues right now..................and I really feel for her..................she seems to always be in a constant battle with depression........and it seems to be getting the best of her as of late.........something which I really identify with personally.....................

I mean you can just see it in every area of her demeanor and rhetoric...............she seems to have lost every ounce of joy and motivation that keeps a person happy and motivated creatively...............and it's showing in spades..................but I have every bit of faith that she can weather the storm and come back as big as ever..................and I'm going to do everything in my power to help my Nessa..........and cheer her up........

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

That's really interesting because the impression that I got from H&T is that she was trying to be somebody else. Maybe she wasn't at all, BUT that's just the feeling that *I* got from the album. I won't psychoanalyse, but I do find it interesting.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Boy of Summer

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - thenolitafairyta
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Quote from: "NolitaUnicorn"
Well.....................All I can say is that nothing short of an all out nuclear holocaust would detour me from ever stop me from loving V...........I mean she was an absolute angel when I met her so.................I can't say anything bad

But honestly I think she is dealing with some serious emotional issues right now..................and I really feel for her..................she seems to always be in a constant battle with depression........and it seems to be getting the best of her as of late.........something which I really identify with personally.....................

I mean you can just see it in every area of her demeanor and rhetoric...............she seems to have lost every ounce of joy and motivation that keeps a person happy and motivated creatively...............and it's showing in spades..................but I have every bit of faith that she can weather the storm and come back as big as ever..................and I'm going to do everything in my power to help my Nessa..........and cheer her up........

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

That's really interesting because the impression that I got from H&T is that she was trying to be somebody else. Maybe she wasn't at all, BUT that's just the feeling that *I* got from the album. I won't psychoanalyse, but I do find it interesting.

Hmm... yeah

The first time I ever met VC she seemed pissed/depressed as all hell..hmmm..but maybe she was just having one of those days. lol

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 05:08:06 pm »
People have always thought I looked pissed off when I wasn't at all.  I think Vanessa might have the same problem.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2008, 05:08:36 pm »
me too.

Agent

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2008, 03:01:06 pm »
I give off a "stay away from me" attitude, for some reason,  most people try to act the way I do, or agree with me, weird.  I'm relatively aloof and mysterious.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2008, 07:41:55 am »
I will be a fan after H&T if there is an "after H&T." I am so unimpressed with Vanessa's business savvy and her gullibility. Like Irv Gotti was going to be the catalyst for her comeback? Everyone was skeptical about it from the beginning and they should have been.
Making an album is like... it's like they had a baby together. Irv was all like, yeah, look at that hot young girl, she's different from my norm, I think I'll try her out, yeah everyone, look at my hot new girl. And Vanessa's all flattered by the attention because her ex cheated on her and she was feeling down, so she got carried away, then she's like, I'm pregnant, and Irv's like, yeah, we can make this work... you're still my hot new girl. Then she gains a bunch of weight and gets moody and can't go out and party anymore and Irv gets turned off and bored, then she actually has the baby and he's like oh fuck.. alright peace out.
You can't just pop that shit out and expect it to take care of itself. That's what they did. Or what Irv did. And at first, when Nolita dropped, everyone was like awww look at the baby!!!! and then no one fed it or bathed it and it died.
The man had too many previous commitments on his plate. Lots of other babies. Real ones, and then metaphorical ones, and now that V has lost her appeal to him he's just pimping her out to Ja Rule, etc (according to wiki) so she can guest on his upcoming remix album thing.
I know I sound like I'm smoking crack or something but think about it and it makes total sense.
And it is Vanessa's fault for picking him. Where the hell was Stevie Nicks? If anyone has music-business-savvy it's Stevie. Why wasn't she mentoring her when Vanessa was like YEAH MURDER INC GREAT IDEA. At this point she'd be more successful writing a self-help book for up-and-coming musicians: What Not To Do.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2008, 09:07:13 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I will be a fan after H&T if there is an "after H&T." I am so unimpressed with Vanessa's business savvy and her gullibility. Like Irv Gotti was going to be the catalyst for her comeback? Everyone was skeptical about it from the beginning and they should have been.
Making an album is like... it's like they had a baby together. Irv was all like, yeah, look at that hot young girl, she's different from my norm, I think I'll try her out, yeah everyone, look at my hot new girl. And Vanessa's all flattered by the attention because her ex cheated on her and she was feeling down, so she got carried away, then she's like, I'm pregnant, and Irv's like, yeah, we can make this work... you're still my hot new girl. Then she gains a bunch of weight and gets moody and can't go out and party anymore and Irv gets turned off and bored, then she actually has the baby and he's like oh fuck.. alright peace out.
You can't just pop that shit out and expect it to take care of itself. That's what they did. Or what Irv did. And at first, when Nolita dropped, everyone was like awww look at the baby!!!! and then no one fed it or bathed it and it died.
The man had too many previous commitments on his plate. Lots of other babies. Real ones, and then metaphorical ones, and now that V has lost her appeal to him he's just pimping her out to Ja Rule, etc (according to wiki) so she can guest on his upcoming remix album thing.
I know I sound like I'm smoking crack or something but think about it and it makes total sense.
And it is Vanessa's fault for picking him. Where the hell was Stevie Nicks? If anyone has music-business-savvy it's Stevie. Why wasn't she mentoring her when Vanessa was like YEAH MURDER INC GREAT IDEA. At this point she'd be more successful writing a self-help book for up-and-coming musicians: What Not To Do.

Never thought about it that way but you're right about a lot of things especially about Irv's other commitments.
ENS

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2008, 10:12:25 am »
true he does kinda have to get Ashanti and Ja Rule back up there and a whole new act ThunderKatz I just think she should have looked into different labels before making such a quick decision.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2008, 10:43:44 am »
I agree I don't think a primarly rap/hip-hop label was the right desicion. They dont know how to promote her knid of music and its easier for Irv to make Ashanti or Ja Rule even bigger rather than start from scratch and work on Vanessa. even though she was on top at one point she was forgotten mostly she has to put herdelf back out there. I think he didnt realize the amount of work it would take to bring Vanessa's type of music to the top without TONS of promotion. An ipod commercial always does it though.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2008, 11:06:57 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

Wow!  Natalie, I don't think you're smoking crack; I just think there are dozens of possibilities(yours, as well).

I think it's important to realize that the biz is run by a series of lawyers, bean counters, etc., so to say that Irv dropped the ball may or may not be the case.   I've said it before: he could have been shot down by the money men above him.  There is no ONE person that can wave his or her hand and make things happen all the time.  Not Timbaland, not Simon Cowell, not John Shanks, noone.

Also, I'm not sure that Vanessa "picked" Irv.  He may have been the only port in a storm.  Also, consider that both A&M and THE INC. are Universal labels; the very same people could have deep-sixed the promotion.

I'm more curious as to her management and promoters.  I'm still incredulous as to her lack of a real tour.  I mean, we all know she's willing to hit the bricks, wtf happened?

As for other artists, well, someone like Stevie does have her own career to think about, as well as still being in Fleetwood Mac.  I'm positive she made some phone calls to Warner Bros.  Even if she didn't, having her open a whole bunch of dates was a great gesture, and I cannot find fault with that.

My impression is that VC is surrounded by a bunch of ineffectual morons who have promised her the Earth and delivered nothing, not even decent NYC airplay.

Dan/NS

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2008, 12:52:31 pm »
I actually hope she's writing new music already! Her cd came out, but I love her music and would never want it to stop.
Peace
Adriann