Author Topic: Will you still be a fan after H&T?  (Read 31568 times)

Jordan1612

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Will you still be a fan after H&T?
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 08:02:26 am »
Quote from: "Skye.bby"
Even though H & T isnt exactly HUGE it still has me happy :D I love vanessa and her music...Doesnt matter if other people like it or not because when it coems down to it...its all about personal preference.

i agree.. i just wish i could have more faith in feeling like that.
i mean surely vanessa isnt going to continue putting time and money into making these albums when they sell so badly?
i want to blame promo and the label but im just not so sure.
but what i do know is that surely vanessa could have done at least a few more tv and radio slots.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 12:29:49 pm »
well the radio and tv spots are mainly her promo team and or the recrod label. she can't just say I want to be on this show, she has to go through them first. Plus the inc is working on getting that new band of theirs um thunder katz? up and running so they are spending more time with them.

I think they are (they better) going to do something with V over the Summer. hopefully.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Jordan1612

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2008, 01:14:59 pm »
yeah and didnt irv say he didnt expect the album to get big till after like a year or something?
so i dunno maybe he's got something planned for the summer/autumn.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2008, 02:44:09 pm »
yeppers, I will be  a fan of Vanessa's for a very long time. I am not going to give up on Heroes & Thieves until Vanessa says she does. Just like with Harmonium she announced on a post that it was done with and stuff. I just wish she would fill us in on stuff.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Jordan1612

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2008, 09:34:47 am »
^ i guess it would be nice to have some kind of word from her and what's going on and what she's up to.
maybe even just a blog.
december was a long time ago and we've been kind of left in the dark since then.

i cant see any other song off the album being released to any kind of success either.

i think the approach to this album was possibly wrong. I think it was released as if it was some kind of mainstream pop album and i think there could have been a higher degree of success with other forms of promotion maybe amongst more indepedant music circles or something :?

however i love heroes and theives and i think i will continue to be a fan of vanessa as long as she continues to throw records out .

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2008, 03:50:01 pm »
I want her to do well...  

I don't really think she is a good person.  I've mingled with urban democrats, and even though I met them with an open mind, they haven't made a good impression at all.  So not only was she rude to me but her "type" doesn't impress me at all.  But I've also been having a rough couple of years totally apart from that as well.

I've always liked what I perceive to be her mother's influence....or whatnot.  I believe in her as an artist.  I've never met or seen her apart from concerts.

Saulo

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2008, 09:29:21 am »
I'm gonna stick around... though I don't really think just love for the music is enough to keep a career going. Unfortunately she's not gonna be around forever, and the harder it gets to sell, the faster it makes for her to fade away more quickly. But I'll be here. I'm still waiting for Fools Like Me to be the next single, haha. Gotta love that song.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:46 am »
Laura said:
i liked H&T when it first came out, but i have rarely listened to it lately or any of V's music for that matter. i could relate to BnN & Harmonium WAY more than this cd & the music just connected with me more. it sucks cuz i used to be a HUGE V fan & always listened to her music.

I agree. I LOVE what iluvvanessa said about the album breaking/mending/breaking his/her heart, but it doesn't do that for me. Obviously, most of her fans think the album is great, and I'm glad you enjoy it because V put a lot of work into it, but I don't like it at all. To me, this album was a big disappointment, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think she is a very talented artist, but all the things that attracted me to her music before are missing from H&T. I am grateful of the influence that her music has had in my life, and, of course, I can listen to her older material whenever I like. I don't like ALL of her pre-H&T songs, but I adore many of them (most of which weren't album tracks!) I don't really consider myself a "fan" at the moment, but I'll see what her next album is like- I hope she releases one. I know she still has the ability to make what I consider a great album- she wrote some great songs that weren't chosen to be on the CD (such as All is Well & Best Behavior) and also I liked some album tracks (eg. The One) when I heard the live bootlegs, but didn't like the album versions. So when I look at it like that, I think this album was made in an attempt to please a certain audience, (which excludes me and other people who enjoy her "dark side") and also in a conscious effort to please the "mainstream" and casual listeners.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Cyril

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2008, 02:03:55 am »
To me, there's no "before and after Heroes & Thieves", that's just Vanessa. And at her best !

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2008, 05:35:29 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
Plus the inc is working on getting that new band of theirs um thunder katz? up and running so they are spending more time with them.

Thunder Katz?! That's a HORRID name. How could anyone possibly put a band with a name like Thunder Katz before Vanessa. You're right they better be doing something with her this summer because I can't see a band like that going very far.

However in the current music ndustry I could be proved completely wrong about my former statement.
ENS

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2008, 05:06:11 pm »
Thunder Katz!?....gag me with a spoon?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2008, 06:18:05 pm »
oops its actually ThunderKatz

... like that makes it any better lmao.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2008, 11:33:51 pm »
they opened for third eye blind a couple times. i think they're weird.
Samuel
(he/him)

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2008, 08:59:19 am »
No, no no.
I would never stop liking Vanessa Carlton.
Never.
That's what she said.

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2008, 01:35:01 am »
Well.....................All I can say is that nothing short of an all out nuclear holocaust would detour me from ever stop me from loving V...........I mean she was an absolute angel when I met her so.................I can't say anything bad

But honestly I think she is dealing with some serious emotional issues right now..................and I really feel for her..................she seems to always be in a constant battle with depression........and it seems to be getting the best of her as of late.........something which I really identify with personally.....................

I mean you can just see it in every area of her demeanor and rhetoric...............she seems to have lost every ounce of joy and motivation that keeps a person happy and motivated creatively...............and it's showing in spades..................but I have every bit of faith that she can weather the storm and come back as big as ever..................and I'm going to do everything in my power to help my Nessa..........and cheer her up........

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry