Author Topic: Twilight  (Read 10782 times)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Twilight
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:29 am »
Ok now dont be offened anyone please.. Ok?
Well I was looking at twilight (the song) videos on youtube and something pissed me off. Everyone seems to think that
A: She wrote it for the movie
B: She sucks at singing but the books are great
C: It should be in the movie
D: It shouldnt be in the movie

I used to LOVE the series. I loved the first three but then it became where EVERYONE read them and the fourth one was just dissapointing! Now its just annoying. Twilight the song doesnt even fit the movie. I could see maybe useing it for the credits or somthing, but it really bugs me that every Twilght (the book) obssesed person is now commenting on the song saying vanessas horrible or things like that.

Sorry to rant like that but it bugs me soo much. Go to You Tube type in Vanessa Carlton Twilight.

EDIT: In case I wasnt clear enough I DONT like the books ANYMORE! I like the song.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Twilight
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:12:45 pm »
She used to sound a mess during & before the 'BNN' era, so it's understandable when someone comments on a video that was from back then.

It's a great song, though. :)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Twilight
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:44:26 pm »
i honestly think the book twilight is over rated, and over done.

the fact that people think she wrote it for the movie is ridiculous, the song was written years before the book came out.

twilight is an amazing song, its beautiful, and people who say its bad are messed up. but thats just my opinion.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 04:42:52 pm »
I used to like the books but it has become overdone. I know that she wasnt at her best in the BNN era but it has NOTHING to do with the book.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 04:53:38 pm »
haha, I couldn't even finish the fourth book. After I read about Jacob and the baby (pedophile-ish disgusting...) I just can't, ew. Some people are morons, whiney morons. It's just a song and it's just a book, get over it.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 05:54:34 pm »
same with you on that one Manda. I stopped on page 300 something and never picked it up again.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Twilight
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 08:04:33 pm »
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"
Well I was looking at twilight (the song) videos on youtube and something pissed me off. Everyone seems to think that

I used to LOVE the series. I loved the first three but then it became where EVERYONE read them and the fourth one was just dissapointing! Now its just annoying. Twilight the song doesnt even fit the movie. I could see maybe useing it for the credits or somthing, but it really bugs me that every Twilght (the book) obssesed person is now commenting on the song saying vanessas horrible or things like that.

Sorry to rant like that but it bugs me soo much. Go to You Tube type in Vanessa Carlton Twilight.

what are you talking about. That book is shit. it sucks ass
Peace
-S

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 07:16:17 am »
Quote from: "blueglove"
Quote from: "_all_is_well_"

what are you talking about. That book is shit. it sucks ass

Thats why I said "I USED to love that book". I liked the first three but now its just annoying. Did you even read them?I was saying it was annoying that every idiot obsessed with the books that types Twilight in on youtube says stupid things about a great song.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 04:04:10 pm »
fell in love with Twilight and than I read the next two but afterwards everyone started to read them and its soo annoying theres people are just blow it way out of everything and give it such a bad name. But when Breaking Dawn came out I have not even finished the book. It just pretty much killed the whole story for me.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 05:05:25 pm »
there are three things that are my life.
1.Vanessa
2.Gossip Girl
3.Sort of twlight.
Love the books can't wait for the movie and I also think it's retarded that people are acting like that. But everyone has an opinion nowadays and people can put them on blast, like we are now, on the internet.
People don't even give her a chance:/
Peace
Adriann

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 05:05:35 pm »
And Yeah. sorry haha I'm trying to delete a post and I have no idea how to.
Peace
Adriann

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 05:08:29 pm »
Oh my God, finally!! I haven't picked it up since I bought it (midnight release) where there was a huge line of tweens. The book isn't that great, I've read SO many romance novels since I was in middle school and its nothing special. Its just another paranormal romance, less sex and cleaner for kids. Bella seems timid, boring, and dry at times. Edward bugs me how he always tries to please or whines with worry every two seconds. Jacob, just a growing horn dog. 7+ feet tall and still growing? Could Stephenie Meyer have smoked anymore marijuana while writing twilight? It's good, not great. I don't see what the big deal is.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 02:37:28 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
fell in love with Twilight and than I read the next two but afterwards everyone started to read them and its soo annoying theres people are just blow it way out of everything and give it such a bad name. But when Breaking Dawn came out I have not even finished the book. It just pretty much killed the whole story for me.

Thats basically just how I feel. Now the twilight people are attcacking Vanessa. The whole thing which makes me think IF Vanessa did have another hit as big as ATM... Would it end up like this? Maybe its better off her being less known? Just a thought she does deserve a hit... I dont know If youll understand what im saying.

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 04:41:56 pm »
I am so confused by this. What is this movie you guys are talking about and what books and what do they have to do with the Amazing song Twilight?
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Twilight
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 09:06:58 am »
Quote from: "equeen1022"
I am so confused by this. What is this movie you guys are talking about and what books and what do they have to do with the Amazing song Twilight?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You're kidding, right? Who doesn't know about Twilight? No, but seriously, their these books about a girl named Bella who moves to the town of Forks and falls in love with a vampire who is extra-sensitive to her smell. I'm a guy and I've even read it. It has nothing to do with Nessa's song, Twilight; it's just a book that people confuse with her song because they share a name.