Author Topic: Tall Tales for Spring; Waltz  (Read 27640 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Tall Tales for Spring; Waltz
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 09:18:39 pm »
The more I listen to it the more I also hear "color stained glass" ... but I still really prefer coerced! haha...

To me all this talk of stars and science just has a very sci-fi feel to it. To me, asking the stars if they'll ever know this madness is like asking the universe about other intelligent life. And by declaring there's a madness in the stars, it just makes me feel like there's chaos everywhere. I like the feel of those lyrics.

I agree. Especially when V mentioned 'Hawkings' in the lyrics. I get Physics vibes from it somehow.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 08:01:53 pm »
as i listen to this song, think that the lyrics are "talking won't tell us tall tales of spring" as she mentions seeing in the next line and it just seems as if it makes more sense...but i do like the Hawking useage as it adds a nice level of depth and literacy to the song...just a thought.

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 01:58:27 am »
Just listened to this song with the lyrics... Wow.
Does this remind anyone else of her really early songs, like pre-BNN, demo stuff? Maybe even some similarities to BNN itself?
I love it.
I can't explain how excited her new music (London, Fair-weather friends, IDWBAB and TTFS) make me!!
Bring on the new record!

*goes to listen to Tall Tales For Spring again*

Sarah xx

sabasaba

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 05:56:18 pm »
Does this remind anyone else of her really early songs, like pre-BNN, demo stuff? Maybe even some similarities to BNN itself?
I love it.
I can't explain how excited her new music (London, Fair-weather friends, IDWBAB and TTFS) make me!!
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

To me, her new stuff is sort of a mashup between the vibes of Be Not Nobody and Harmonium. The diction she uses in her lyrics, the song titles and the actual references within the lyrics (Grandfather clock, porcelain, gardens with rose and jasmine, Hawking) give off a Victorian-esque/old-English vibe. Maybe it's just me, but whatever - I'm in love with all these tracks! Hopefully the fourth time's the charm.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 06:11:05 pm »
I love it.
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

To me, her new stuff is sort of a mashup between the vibes of Be Not Nobody and Harmonium. The diction she uses in her lyrics, the song titles and the actual references within the lyrics (Grandfather clock, porcelain, gardens with rose and jasmine, Hawking) give off a Victorian-esque/old-English vibe. Maybe it's just me, but whatever - I'm in love with all these tracks! Hopefully the fourth time's the charm.

I agree with you regarding the Victorian vibe. But with the sound, I'm picking up the impression of Heroes & Thieves with the darker elements from Harmonium. With the maturity of H&T and uniqueness of Harmonium, ROTR could possibly be her best.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sabasaba

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 06:25:40 pm »
I love it.
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

I agree with you regarding the Victorian vibe. But with the sound, I'm picking up the impression of Heroes & Thieves with the darker elements from Harmonium. With the maturity of H&T and uniqueness of Harmonium, ROTR could possibly be her best.

With the maturity of H&T and uniqueness of Harmonium, ROTR could possibly be her best.

YES!!! FINGERS CROSSED!

...and regarding your statement about her sound being a darker version of Heroes & Thieves - I agree! I can totally see that.

Ah, I'm getting so excited!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 06:31:16 pm »
I love it.
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

With the maturity of H&T and uniqueness of Harmonium, ROTR could possibly be her best.

YES!!! FINGERS CROSSED!

...and regarding your statement about her sound being a darker version of Heroes & Thieves - I agree! I can totally see that.

LOL ;D

We're just all excited about it. I mean, come on. All the new songs she premiered - London, Fair-Weather Friends, Tall Tales For Spring, and I Don't Want To Be A Bride - were just pure magnificence. I think V has just arrived to her peak of songwriting skills.

sabasaba

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 06:35:14 pm »
I love it.
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

YES!!! FINGERS CROSSED!

LOL ;D

We're just all excited about it. I mean, come on. All the new songs she premiered - London, Fair-Weather Friends, Tall Tales For Spring, and I Don't Want To Be A Bride - were just pure magnificence. I think V has just arrived to her peak of songwriting skills.

We're just all excited about it. I mean, come on. All the new songs she premiered - London, Fair-Weather Friends, Tall Tales For Spring, and I Don't Want To Be A Bride - were just pure magnificence. I think V has just arrived to her peak of songwriting skills. <- THIS, THIS, THIS! I could not agree more! You're on a roll, sobriquet!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »
I love it.
Bring on the new record!

Sarah xx

YES!!! FINGERS CROSSED!

LOL ;D

We're just all excited about it. I mean, come on. All the new songs she premiered - London, Fair-Weather Friends, Tall Tales For Spring, and I Don't Want To Be A Bride - were just pure magnificence. I think V has just arrived to her peak of songwriting skills. <- THIS, THIS, THIS! I could not agree more! You're on a roll, sobriquet!

LOL. Thanks, Saba. Guess we're just link interconnected with our minds?  ;D

Dianthus

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you :)
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 02:22:17 am »
Completely agree. I have a good feeling about this one guys... :)

So does anyone have an overall interpretation of this song's meaning? I'm loving the lyrics, just wish I knew more about what they mean

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:34 am »
Completely agree. I have a good feeling about this one guys... :)

So does anyone have an overall interpretation of this song's meaning? I'm loving the lyrics, just wish I knew more about what they mean

Dang, it's quite hard to figure this one out for me. Really. I mean, it's too poetic to identify its true meaning.

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:19 am »
My idea was maybe it's about her search for her beliefs? Like a religion...Most kids are what their parents are ya know? Meaning that whatever religion their parents are, they are also. So when she talks about the cathedral being a part of her past she was talking about her parents influence? And also she sings about praying to a ghost no one can ever see. This would be a god no doubt.
Also she sings about how the people are looking to scientists for cures now. It seems that these days people are holding on less to thier religion and beliefs and they are holding on more to facts and figures.
She has been talking a lot about lately she has been trying to find "something" and maybe she wrote this song when she was looking and it's basically her stating her confusion.

Does this make any sense? lol
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »
lyrics:
------------------------------------------------------

God rest his head Sunday afternoon
And the wicked in me is surely the wicked in you
We pray to a ghost that we never met
Time turns for a cure, from the scientists for
Madness, madness of the heart
But you knew it, you knew it from the start

And Hawking will tell us no tall tales this spring
When mine's all the chaos that started everything
And maybe it's faith, when the sadness takes hold
Still stars through a window, will they ever know this
There's a madness, a madness of the heart

Stare a sleepy smile into a sunbeam
Is this nothing more than a daydream?
Color stained glass cathedral
Confess a past that will let you go

And the wicked in me is surely coming through
And pray to a ghost that I've never met
Don't kill for someway out of this mess

It's the heart
It's the heart
And there's madness, a madness in the stars

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:19:23 pm by KULPDOGG »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 11:49:16 pm »
Thanks for the lyrics.  ;D

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010, 08:33:02 am »
lyrics:
------------------------------------------------------

And the wicked in me is surely the wicked in you
We pray to a ghost that we never met
Time turns for a cure, from the scientists for

And Hawking will tell us no tall tales this spring
When mine's all the chaos that started everything
And maybe it's faith, when the sadness takes hold
Still stars through a window, will they ever know this
There's a madness, a madness of the heart

Stare a sleepy smile into a sunbeam
Is this nothing more than a daydream?
Color stained glass cathedral
Confess a past that will let you go

And the wicked in me is surely coming through
And pray to a ghost that I've never met
Don't kill for someway out of this mess

It's the heart
It's the heart
And there's madness, a madness in the stars

coming in from last night, i thought i heard "lines of the kiosk" (very british, v!)
formerly fish_for__stars.