Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 662033 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2011, 04:22:14 am »
Riding horses under the stars would be magical.

I agree. I don't know how to ride horses, though.

i'm happy she's tweeted, but i wish she'd use it more just so we'd know she's alive lol.

LOL. I don't know why but I find this quite humorous.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2011, 04:53:39 am »
happy for a tweet!  (that sounds weird to me) I'm also happy the show is postponed, maybe now I can get to it!  I think she has too much on her mind to think, "oh I have to tweet." to me, she seems like one of those philosophers who are always pondering themselves, the world, and how she fits in it.  I think the fact that she doesn't bow to technology is very rare and admirable.  She could very well do publicity stunts, and constantly twitter very personal and private things, but that is just not her.  I think, deep down, that is one reason why we all love her so much.  Because she stays private we can tuck her away in our minds and be comforted by the fact that the whole world doesn't know her and admire her like we do.  And the whole world is missing out!  ( but I kinda like that.  I'm selfish like that) :)
~Sara~

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 10, 2011, 06:44:18 am »
I like the gaps in between updates. Keeps me guessing and anticipating the album :)

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: January 10, 2011, 09:00:28 am »
The queen has spoken!!!

:P

I'm kinda glad she isn't a total twitter whore. It's like when she does tweet, it's just beautiful!!!

So, she's still on schedule with the spring release which can only mean single out sometime next month?

w00t!

Also, I find it creepy how it's all like yeah so she's in Arizona and we all know it and always've known it... Sigh, it's so awesome to be in an albeit tiny, but true and loyal fanbase as the NESSAholics. After 8 years, I'm still amused by this community and Vanessa.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 10, 2011, 05:31:41 pm »
i'm happy she's tweeted, but i wish she'd use it more just so we'd know she's alive lol.

i know she hates this stuff, but she could at least tweet once in a while talking about the album progress or what she's up to.

+1

That and facebook, both are such powerful tools in todays world.

Would be really nice to get more regular updates  :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:57:28 pm by OPENROAD »
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 10, 2011, 08:47:46 pm »
Haha wow, I'm seriously impressed that our guess as to "Where is V now" turned out to be accurate xD

Also, I find it creepy how it's all like yeah so she's in Arizona and we all know it and always've known it... Sigh, it's so awesome to be in an albeit tiny, but true and loyal fanbase as the NESSAholics. After 8 years, I'm still amused by this community and Vanessa.
Haha definitely seconded.

Well, that explains why I didn't see her in Nolita when I visited in December..although that could also have been because she's an incredibly private person :P

Thank goodness for the update - I'm taking that question mark to be a sort of cheeky exclamation...so I'm thinking a spring release is entirely possible!! ;D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2011, 11:05:55 pm »

Thank goodness for the update - I'm taking that question mark to be a sort of cheeky exclamation...so I'm thinking a spring release is entirely possible!! ;D
[/quote]

she is very cheeky isn't she?
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2011, 12:51:25 am »
hmm her family amd her go to arizona?? i had no idea.. lol

Yes. If I remember correctly, Vanessa and her family annually vacation on a farm in Arizona; it's a family tradition.

sabasaba

« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2011, 12:52:14 am »
"Under the star dome on horses in arizona. here an xtra day cuz the storm ate our show tmrw in NC. we'll reschedule it. album out in spring?" Posted today

Good guess you guys! Haha.

HAHA! A+!

sabasaba

« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2011, 12:53:46 am »
It's going to be such a surreal experience to hold that cd in my hands. I've never wanted anything so badly! It's going to be like some crazy dream. haha

Agreed! That tweet got me so excited.

sabasaba

« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2011, 12:56:00 am »
heheh I so want to play the "I knew it" card! she is in Arizona! : ). Eh I think the ? was just there to be there. I doubt the album won't come out in spring. She and her camp, whomever they are these days, would not take down her site all the while already have fonts and color schemes and such. If anything, it might come out later than originally planned. :). I don't care. I work at a store and we get new releases before hand. I shall have that CD in my hand before the release date. I won't be able to buy it, though I can look at it :D.

JEALOUS

sabasaba

« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2011, 01:01:00 am »
OM, she finally appeared!
It's incredible how excited I got when I read the tweet!
HOPEFULLY it'll come out in Spring!
I'm SOOO excited, I can't wait for it!

I wish she would tweet more :)
Let's pray for it, nessaholics! ROTR will be released soon!
 ;D

I was over the moon when I saw that tweet. It was around 1AM, my time. I put Vanessa's account on my Twitter device updates, so every time she tweets, I get it sent as a text to my phone. I cannot express the excitement that came over me when I received that message.

sabasaba

« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:20 am »
I tend to complain a lot about how Vanessa is so technologically out of touch, but I recently realized that, subconsciously, I think I kind of like things this way. Of course, I'm not denying that it would be awesome if she tweeted/updated on a regular basis, but I like the air of mystery that surrounds her when she's MIA. I especially love the joy and excitement that comes over all of us when she finally does come out of her routine hiding. I don't know. It's a bittersweet, love/hate kind of situation, I guess.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2011, 02:31:13 am »
I tend to complain a lot about how Vanessa is so technologically out of touch, but I recently realized that, subconsciously, I think I kind of like things this way. Of course, I'm not denying that it would be awesome if she tweeted/updated on a regular basis, but I like the air of mystery that surrounds her when she's MIA. I especially love the joy and excitement that comes over all of us when she finally does come out of her routine hiding. I don't know. It's a bittersweet, love/hate kind of situation, I guess.

I agree.  You make perfect sense!  She wouldn't be the V we love if she tweeted all the time (though I too, do not deny it would be nice).  Mystery is a good word to describe her, though through her music I feel we get a glimpse and we get a connection.  And it's like rediscovering her all over again when she pops up.
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:03 am »
Mastering the rabbits tmrw. 37 minutes took 2 years. ALL. DONE. I feel prickly excited and strange. Deep thanks 2 those who wait.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the