Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 661936 times)

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa on Twitter?
« Reply #285 on: January 25, 2011, 05:36:36 pm »
Yay!  :D  Hopefully, it's released on iTunes, also.  I saved money from the gift card I got, and I'm not in the mood to go store hopping...
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: January 25, 2011, 05:41:32 pm »
OMG, I don't check the site for 8 hours and this is what happens!!!!!!  Mastering them TOMORROW?? does that mean something is going to happen tomorrow, like a single or a release date?? I am twiterpated!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »
I am also very glad she acknowledged the wait and thanked us! I am SOOO going to the concert in Feb. Someone has to go in case she gives out info
~Sara~

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2011, 05:46:19 pm »
So soon, but sooooo ffaaarrr aawwaayyy.....

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2011, 07:36:44 pm »
OMG, I don't check the site for 8 hours and this is what happens!!!!!!  Mastering them TOMORROW?? does that mean something is going to happen tomorrow, like a single or a release date?? I am twiterpated!

Sadly, it doesn't mean that. She's just basically transferring the album from whatever holds the final mix to disc, vinyl, etc whilst correcting/editing any issues she may find.

So this is great news because after you're done mastering the album, you're more or less finished with it.

I wonder if she's finished the artwork yet.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2011, 07:48:09 pm »
Well seeing that the album is pretty much finished I mean is there that long of a wait left? I am REALLY curious on record label details and such. Seeing that it is shorter than her other CDs I think shes no longer with The Inc. Either that or she really focused on a small number of tracks and they are that amazing that thats all that was needed :). Either way I can't wait to hear this! I hope it doesn't get leaked before the release date like H+T did. Granted it was, what, like a week before? Still. I don't need temptation! I vow on buying it on release day and locking myself in my room and listening to it a couple times through. Is that weird? Nope.  ;D

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2011, 07:54:40 pm »
It just depends on when Vanessa and/or her label (if there is one) want to release it. I dunno if everything else is sorted either; artwork, distribution, etc. I can't imagine we'll be waiting much longer though. :D

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 26, 2011, 01:08:56 am »
This is beyond awesome.

I wonder how tomorrow would turn out.

And I AM excited.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 26, 2011, 02:48:51 am »
Wow the album's being mastered today (well, depends where you live, ahah). nice to hear, also LOVE the fact that she thanks us for sticking around. i love her. well, unlike all of you, i was kind of disappointed when i read the 37 minutes thing, actually i hope that there will be 10 or even 9 songs. if there's 10 songs each song can be 3min42seconds lol. i hate songs to be less than three minutes, especially when they're amazing, and we already know they are. and also we don't know, maybe during the london sessions she's already recorded the next album, just wishful thinking. anyway i can't wait. this record really needs to come out this spring. knowing that it's done, will just be painful. each day  i'll picture it waiting on shelves..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:50:35 am by Rabbits_on_the_run »

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:04 am »
I almost wish I hadn't seen the tweet because well I'm like so restless. I am so excited for this album.  :-X

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2011, 07:35:36 am »
The good thing is, we'll probably have an album before summer. The bad thing is, with 37 minutes, we know we've already heard half the album: Fair-Weather Friends, London, I Don't Want To Be A Bride, Carousel, Tall Tales For Spring. If each of these songs is 3:30 (which is the average length for a song), then multiplication indicates we've heard 16:50 of the 37 minutes, which is not quite half. (But, I'm also assuming at least two of the five tracks I listed are more than the standard 3:30. Perhaps one is shorter. This is just an estimate.)

But anyway, I'm excited to hear "Fair-Weather Friends" in its studio form. I hope she doesn't change it too much, or add too much to it, like Adele did with "Someone Like You."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:19:57 pm by craft »

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2011, 09:43:44 am »
Wow the album's being mastered today (well, depends where you live, ahah). nice to hear, also LOVE the fact that she thanks us for sticking around. i love her. well, unlike all of you, i was kind of disappointed when i read the 37 minutes thing, actually i hope that there will be 10 or even 9 songs. if there's 10 songs each song can be 3min42seconds lol. i hate songs to be less than three minutes, especially when they're amazing, and we already know they are. and also we don't know, maybe during the london sessions she's already recorded the next album, just wishful thinking. anyway i can't wait. this record really needs to come out this spring. knowing that it's done, will just be painful. each day  i'll picture it waiting on shelves..
You basicly just summed up how i feel...  :-X

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:42 pm »
The good thing is, we'll probably have an album before summer. The bad thing is, with 37 minutes, we've know we've already heard half the album: Fair-Weather Friends, London, I Don't Want To Be A Bride, Carousel, Tall Tales For Spring. If each of these songs is 3:30 (which is the average length for a song), then multiplication indicates we've heard 16:50 of the 37 minutes, which is not quite half. (But, I'm also assuming at least two of the five tracks I listed are more than the standard 3:30. Perhaps one is shorter. This is just an estimate.)

But anyway, I'm excited to hear "Fair-Weather Friends" in its studio form. I hope she doesn't change it too much, or add too much to it, like Adele did with "Someone Like You."

It's okay for me, though we've pretty much heard half of the record. But I really believe that the studio version will be a very different experience to the live ones, so I'm still looking forward to all of these songs.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2011, 04:44:38 pm »
FYI when you master an album, you lock in the final running order, determine the length of the gaps, and adjust the volume and EQ so each of the tracks have a consistent volume and sound.  It's the last spit and polish before an album comes out.
Essentially, you listen to the whole thing all day!  But after that, barring any last-minute changes, that is your final product.
Pretty exciting!

Just my 2 cents...I REALLY hope VC has a real game plan in place for this album.  The promo for Harmonium sucked, H&T was even worse, and this one has potential to be a s good as anything she has done, so I got my fingers crossed!

Dan/NS 

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »
FYI when you master an album, you lock in the final running order, determine the length of the gaps, and adjust the volume and EQ so each of the tracks have a consistent volume and sound.  It's the last spit and polish before an album comes out.
Essentially, you listen to the whole thing all day!  But after that, barring any last-minute changes, that is your final product.
Pretty exciting!

Just my 2 cents...I REALLY hope VC has a real game plan in place for this album.  The promo for Harmonium sucked, H&T was even worse, and this one has potential to be a s good as anything she has done, so I got my fingers crossed!

haha, thanks for that, I didn't know the lingo! I thought it meant something else!  I'm jealous, she got to listen to her cd all day and we didn't! poo.  I hope she has a plan in place as well.  That's why I'm hoping to get to the NC show, see if she gives out any info.

Dan/NS 
~Sara~