Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 662009 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #1260 on: October 05, 2011, 10:28:28 am »
@VanessaCarlton Vanessa Carlton
Just me & my dog locked out of the club in bck alley in buffalo aftr playin a show.Bangin metal door w my wolf ring. So spinal tap.

this last night.  poor girl!
this today:

Shot video 4 Carousel in the woods of woodstock. That nite a critter ate a hole in my blck sweater. It looks cute. Featured @VEVO : )
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1261 on: October 05, 2011, 10:34:41 am »
This era has been such a let down.

I hope Vanessa sees my post so she can think long & hard too, because the music's been excellent but everything past it has been awful.

What a mess.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 05, 2011, 10:39:55 am »
But like she's said many times in interviews, she wasn't creating this album really to please anybody but herself.  She only slightly cared because of her ballet dancer vibe of people pleasing.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 05, 2011, 10:56:35 am »
But like she's said many times in interviews, she wasn't creating this album really to please anybody but herself.  She only slightly cared because of her ballet dancer vibe of people pleasing.

I understand that, and I actually applaud her for having that attitude...

But am I the only one who feels like we - her fans - are running behind her trying to catch up with where she's at? I mean, she doesn't really give anything back to us, does she? Shee gives us the music (which I can't even put into words how that makes me feel). Great. But what else? There's no real merchandise, no EP, barely a tour, etc. She's the strangest musician I've ever come across. I love her dearly, obviously (and I think that's where my next point comes from), but I see soooo much potential for her as an indie artist yet she's being wasted.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:42 am »
but why do you need all of that stuff? we should just be happy that she's out there creating beautiful music and at least playing (even if this isn't her tour just yet) merchandise is just frills and extra which if we all remember from what she said about more than this... "if we were to all declare in this very moment that we needed no more than what we have, we would in theory be blissfully happy"

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1265 on: October 05, 2011, 11:55:09 am »
but why do you need all of that stuff? we should just be happy that she's out there creating beautiful music and at least playing (even if this isn't her tour just yet) merchandise is just frills and extra which if we all remember from what she said about more than this... "if we were to all declare in this very moment that we needed no more than what we have, we would in theory be blissfully happy"

Well said.  Beautiful.  "WHY DO YOU NEED ALL OF THAT STUFF?"  perfect sentiment.  Why all the frills?  Do I want her to be like other artists out there?  NO.  I want her to be just who she is, and if this is who she is then I support it.  I will buy the vinyl.  I will by the chocolates (if they aren't sold out), I will buy the album.  I'm happy she's making music and putting herself out there in any form.  Last night at the Buffalo show she said she's never really done the "night shop" thing before.  So she's making steps to "be better" so to speak, to her fans. 
~Sara~

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 05, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »

I don't NEED it, it'd just be nice to have...and to feel appreciated as a fan.

Are you telling me you don't think she could be bigger than she is? I'm not saying she should be this huge popstar, but she should be much bigger than she is...maybe Regina Spektor style?

There's soooo much potential for V, but there's a group letting her down. "Dear California" could help re-invent her. Where is the "Bride" video?! Anyone who says "sales aren't important" are kidding themselves, because they are. Twice she's considered calling it a day because her sales have been dire. I'm really not bothered how much she sells, I just want her to sell enough to keep making music...because she's almost given up TWICE now...

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 05, 2011, 12:47:25 pm »
Well.. so long as Vanessa is happy. And I was hoping the tweet would read "Shot vid for 'I Don't Want To Be A Bride'..."  :-\ I guess we'll be waiting a little longer for it..

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 05, 2011, 12:51:22 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure everyone wants great things like that for V. But I would rather be the type of fan who supports her decisions and choices, as opposed to being selfish and wanting her to become a superstar cause I w
want her to be. It's totally an "arts and crafts" project like she said, we as fans should be supportive of V and follow her with what ever she does!

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 05, 2011, 12:53:55 pm »
If we are true fans, then we are going to patiently wait for her next decision. We waited for Rabbits, it's here and amazing. So, at least just be patient!  It just irritates me when non-fans and fans of V's tell me that they hate Rabbits on the Run just because it sounds different.  I just get so annoyed because I feel like they just want her to be this fake person who isn't honest about herself or her music.  I've been following Vanessa since the very beginning, without the forums and i'm sure a lot of people have been as well.  So, let's just give it time. =)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:00:42 pm by pswik91 »

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 05, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
Shot video 4 Carousel in the woods of woodstock. That nite a critter ate a hole in my blck sweater. It looks cute. Featured @VEVO : )
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:00:57 pm by Onyx »

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #1271 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »
Oh my God, everyone here needs to get off their soapbox, especially pswik91.  It's not a freaking crime to want more music and videos from your favorite artist.  That's normal, it's normal human behavior, so stop making people feel like they aren't "true fans" for wanting more.  And don't deny it, because you know that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm kind of sick of this "my way or the highway" attitude on here and on so many other fansites.  A true fan can disagree with the artist; that's what makes us sentient human beings who aren't just mindless zombie fanatics.  If Vanessa came out with an album that was literally just her belching into the mic, would you tell me I'm not a true fan for disagreeing with it?  Come on, guys, get a grip and stop ragging on people for saying what they want.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1272 on: October 05, 2011, 02:59:45 pm »
Oh my God, everyone here needs to get off their soapbox, especially pswik91.  It's not a freaking crime to want more music and videos from your favorite artist.  That's normal, it's normal human behavior, so stop making people feel like they aren't "true fans" for wanting more.  And don't deny it, because you know that's exactly what you're doing.

I'm kind of sick of this "my way or the highway" attitude on here and on so many other fansites.  A true fan can disagree with the artist; that's what makes us sentient human beings who aren't just mindless zombie fanatics.  If Vanessa came out with an album that was literally just her belching into the mic, would you tell me I'm not a true fan for disagreeing with it?  Come on, guys, get a grip and stop ragging on people for saying what they want.

lol, aren't you on a soap box now? 
~Sara~

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »

Your mom is on a soap box. Sorry but I had to break the tension. XD
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1274 on: October 06, 2011, 04:51:29 am »

Your mom is on a soap box. Sorry but I had to break the tension. XD

ha! that's why I said "lol" first, because I actually found it comical.
~Sara~