Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 661813 times)

Ships On Gray Seas

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Me on facebook
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #1935 on: June 09, 2012, 02:33:09 am »
This song makes supe happy and also gets me up steep steps at a fast pace. Avicii Silhouettes. He's a cute dude http://youtu.be/6VJBBUqr1wM

I never would have thought that V likes such music. Also the Deadmau5 thing. :D But it's cool, I like it too.
I just wonder if she really wants her next record to sound similiar to these. I can't really imagine that for her...especially how the piano would fit in...unless it's going to be something like "Patience". Anyway I'm sure she won't completely abandon her unique style. :)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: June 09, 2012, 11:39:25 am »
This song makes supe happy and also gets me up steep steps at a fast pace. Avicii Silhouettes. He's a cute dude http://youtu.be/6VJBBUqr1wM

I never would have thought that V likes such music. Also the Deadmau5 thing. :D But it's cool, I like it too.
I just wonder if she really wants her next record to sound similiar to these. I can't really imagine that for her...especially how the piano would fit in...unless it's going to be something like "Patience". Anyway I'm sure she won't completely abandon her unique style. :)

you know, this is like the white chicks stuff. that huge black guy has his secret song, a thousand miles, which doesn't fit him so well because of stereotypes. vanessa has her secret songs as well. songs that we would never expect her to like, though they're really good.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1937 on: June 09, 2012, 05:45:28 pm »
I love it!! It's kind of a dancier version of Miike Snow.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1938 on: June 10, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »
@VanessaCarlton: New batch. Campbell is owning me. Cept for the not being in2 graffiti bit. Yawn on that http://t.co/8SSQpV0O

I love it when Vanessa posts about books, she is so well read. I already have Visions of Cody, and the Campbell book thanks to the recommendations of @Sarab, but the Phantom Tollbooth, according to the gospels of wiki, appears to be quite acclaimed. Is it particularly an America children's book?

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: June 10, 2012, 09:31:26 pm »
@VanessaCarlton: New batch. Campbell is owning me. Cept for the not being in2 graffiti bit. Yawn on that http://t.co/8SSQpV0O

I love it when Vanessa posts about books, she is so well read. I already have Visions of Cody, and the Campbell book thanks to the recommendations of @Sarab, but the Phantom Tollbooth, according to the gospels of wiki, appears to be quite acclaimed. Is it particularly an America children's book?

I love how she keeps in touch with what she's reading, especially if it's a book I've never heard of before. And yes, Phantom Tollbooth is a children's book. I had to read it for my 3rd grade summer reading, but still, I guess you can still learn a lot from it at any age, depending on what you take from it.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: June 10, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »
Last page of ny times mag is extraordinarily dark. Check out Strange Brew by Lucy Ferriss. Or don't. Wonder where that shop she speaks of iz
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1941 on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:45 am »
Last page of ny times mag is extraordinarily dark. Check out Strange Brew by Lucy Ferriss. Or don't. Wonder where that shop she speaks of iz

Here is the article online if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/magazine/facing-my-second-unwanted-pregnancy.html

It is pretty dark.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1942 on: June 11, 2012, 08:48:58 am »
Incredibly so. I can imagine Vanessa however visiting that kind of shop, a dark kind of parlour with mysterious herbs in little paper envelopes. Very Vanessa.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: June 11, 2012, 05:41:03 pm »

Here is the article online if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/magazine/facing-my-second-unwanted-pregnancy.html

It is pretty dark.

Sorry guys, but this is just dumb.  I don't think it's dark at all.  It's just a really dumb lady that does things like marries a man she doesn't love, dates loser guys, and walks into a wicca shop because of unreliable info about how she can drink shit that is supposed to kill things like humans with varies who knows what so called poisons from various plants(that doesn't even work).

The only thing dark is perhaps the lady's cranium.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1944 on: June 12, 2012, 12:17:05 am »
I thought it was dark in the sense that this woman, knowing that that she could potentially die from the concoction, must have been so unhappy with the thought of being pregnant, that she would risk her life in this wiccan solution, rather than face the doctor, which I took as being the symbol of realisation of what she had done. I suppose it's completely open to everybody though, I just found it quite sad.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1945 on: June 12, 2012, 04:57:42 pm »
it's not unreliable info, you can really do a lot, most anything, with herbs, that's how people did it before modern synthetic pills (how do you think they came up with all this stuff?) 

I love shops like that.  Especially the incense smells (my incense never smells like that, just like smoke, lol) I was just in Salem, MA and of course you can't throw a stone without hitting one of those shops.  Some are more commercial than others.  For instance, a couple came into one while we were in it asking questions about getting rid of negative energies.  They guy working the shop didn't even know how to use sage; even I know more than he did and I don't know that much!

Any way, the article does seem dark only because it's such a taboo subject.  It's something that most women don't talk about freely, keeping it hidden.  Not to mention all the politics involved.
~Sara~

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1946 on: June 12, 2012, 05:07:50 pm »

I love how she keeps in touch with what she's reading, especially if it's a book I've never heard of before. And yes, Phantom Tollbooth is a children's book. I had to read it for my 3rd grade summer reading, but still, I guess you can still learn a lot from it at any age, depending on what you take from it.

JC is the MAN!  I have that book but have not read the whole thing yet :/
~Sara~

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: June 13, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »
I thought it was dark in the sense that this woman, knowing that that she could potentially die from the concoction, must have been so unhappy with the thought of being pregnant, that she would risk her life in this wiccan solution, rather than face the doctor, which I took as being the symbol of realisation of what she had done. I suppose it's completely open to everybody though, I just found it quite sad.

Yeah, it's sad.  I totally understand that getting an abortion and going through that experience is difficult. I just don't think it's dark in some kind of cool way.  It's as if we are living in the dark ages and being ignorant and doing stupid stuff like throwing your feces and urine out the window onto the street and then wondering why you keep keeping getting hit with dung all the time; and OH, how dark that is!  How sad it is to smell like ammonia all the time!  stupid.

Of course I'm overstating my point, but I'm sure you know that.  :)

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: June 14, 2012, 11:27:34 pm »
Mexican jungle. Like a myth on zee ocean http://yfrog.com/obxq8dsfj
I carry on, I carry on

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: June 14, 2012, 11:28:28 pm »
"Young enough to figure it out. U knew ur father would move out. Im so sorry, that couldn't have been easy. But ur older now. You're older."

New lyrics ?
I carry on, I carry on