Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 661967 times)

volk

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #2280 on: October 28, 2013, 07:53:04 pm »
I think we should try and stay as positive as we can. Vanessa has understandably cancelled all immediate shows, as has Deer Tick, but all ones after, including the whole November leg of Vanessa's tour are unchanged. Hopefully as you said, it's something relatively minor such as exhaustion, that just requires short term rest, and I desperately hope nothing major for her.

Not likely. I went to her show the day before. She didn't look tired at all.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2281 on: October 29, 2013, 01:43:02 am »
I think we should try and stay as positive as we can. Vanessa has understandably cancelled all immediate shows, as has Deer Tick, but all ones after, including the whole November leg of Vanessa's tour are unchanged. Hopefully as you said, it's something relatively minor such as exhaustion, that just requires short term rest, and I desperately hope nothing major for her.

Not likely. I went to her show the day before. She didn't look tired at all.

I was thinking the same thing.  Between 6-13 (give or take) weeks pregnant, women generally have fatigue, nausea and vomiting.  she seemed radiant.  However, I know that it can hit suddenly and hard for some.  If she wasn't drinking enough water, plus the heat of stage lights, plus she was in a different city every night for a week (a show every day since the 9th, only one day she did not have a show) she could have easily turned a corner into some severe nausea and vomiting a condition called hyperemesis gravidarium.  Even though that condition can be severe and awful, I would rather her have that than something tragic! 
It would make sense if the doctor wanted her to rest, relax, and hydrate until she was further along in the pregnancy.
Or she may have had some blood spotting and just needed to relax until further into the pregnancy.  I believe she is still pregnant because someone said congrats on twitter, and instead of ignoring is she said thanks.  So I'm optimistic!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2282 on: October 29, 2013, 02:08:38 am »
Vanessa Carlton ‏@VanessaCarlton 19m

If you ever have to go to the ER, remember these two things 1) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNDERWEAR ON. B) bring phone charger.

well at least she is making jokes..
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2283 on: October 29, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »
Deer Tick ‏@deertickmusic 7h

DT are forced to cancel tonight’s show at the Urban Lounge in Salt Lake City, UT due to a family emergency back home. Tix will be refunded.
Expand

this was today too.

~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2284 on: November 01, 2013, 07:32:38 am »
Aww, so apparently she's in the hospital:
Percocet or not, shit gets trippy in mount sinai at 4 in the morn. pic.twitter.com/fKBHzazXjM

Get better V!

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2285 on: November 01, 2013, 08:36:30 am »
Oh poor V, she's really seeming to have a rough time with this pregnancy, although at least John is coming back from shows when she is. At the moment, I reckon that a few of the November shows might end up getting cancelled...

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2286 on: November 02, 2013, 04:41:05 am »
i'm just wracking my brain.. maybe she has a pyelonephritis where the kidney is inflamed.  that can be very painful and have a need for pain meds and a hospital stay for iv antibiotics.  that can also hit very suddenly. hmm, this sounds more likely than exhaustion/dehydration like i thought before.
~Sara~

volk

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2288 on: November 05, 2013, 06:24:32 pm »
so sad.  Sorry doesn't seem like enough to say.  I feel really bad now especially since I had given her a baby book at the NYC show.

I thought her and I would have our babies around the same time, she was only a few weeks behind me (ectopics usually burst around 8 weeks, and I'm 13)

On a happier note, she is engaged, so that's a change and exciting news.  At the show in Natick (or maybe NYC) she said you can change your mind about marriage when you meet a "traditional man", so my guess is he proposed when they found out she was pregnant.  Hopefully now that doesn't change things.  I wonder if they will purposely try to conceive again as I guess this one was not planned.  If you are thinking your life will be one way, then it accidentally ends up a different way, then that gets all messed up, do you want your life to go back the way it was, or stay on the track you ended up on on accident?  I guess only time will tell.
~Sara~

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 05, 2013, 07:21:01 pm »
My ex-wife had one of those in around 1992-1994.  They couldn't find it in the fallopian tube but they scrapped the uterus and that from what they told me ended the pregnancy. I'm just saying I can relate.  We caught it early too.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 06, 2013, 05:25:43 pm »
sorry, scraped not scrapped.  Like scraped the inside of the uterus.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: November 06, 2013, 08:25:03 pm »
I'm glad she seems to be in great spirits.  I really hope she is ok and I tweeted her telling her that us So Cal fans wouldn't mind if she canceled the remaining tour dates..her health is more important.  She could always come back around again under better timing.  Glad she seems to be doing ok.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2292 on: December 05, 2013, 01:14:53 pm »
Deer Tick ‏@deertickmusic  11h 
Toast to our favorite to-be -weds! Excellent coed bachelorette evening. http://instagram.com/p/hiQgpmqP46/

cute pic of them!
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2293 on: January 25, 2014, 10:34:00 am »
I wonder why she deleted the tweet? Perhaps it was accidental. Good to know anyways that she's nearly done with the album, and I'm glad that's she's had a wonderful honeymoon. I wish I could have gone to one of the concerts in Manchester, I believed she duetted with John, and I missed it!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2294 on: January 26, 2014, 02:56:49 pm »
she deleted a tweet in which she responded to me once.  I kept the email notification but I never got to it in time to see it on twitter. It was sad! 
~Sara~