Author Topic: Impatient  (Read 17080 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Impatient
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:05 am »
People always are so quick to blame the label......It's a 50/50 road if you ask me..there is no way Vanessa will fit into the indie world if she shows the same kind of work ethic she has the past 4 years or so.....when your indie, you gotta work THAT MUCH harder.  I'd feel sorry for her if I felt like she tried..but I don't...with the way A&M handled Harmonium I thought she'd learn something and make wiser decisions...but she didn't.  She signed too the next label that gave a shit and let them do the same thing.  The Inc/Universal did more for her than A&M did with Harmonium.   Hands down.   

ps: that performance she did on espn(i think) from 2006 of HOM was amazing..she looked great.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 11:39:46 am »
People always are so quick to blame the label......It's a 50/50 road if you ask me..there is no way Vanessa will fit into the indie world if she shows the same kind of work ethic she has the past 4 years or so.....when your indie, you gotta work THAT MUCH harder.  I'd feel sorry for her if I felt like she tried..but I don't...with the way A&M handled Harmonium I thought she'd learn something and make wiser decisions...but she didn't.  She signed too the next label that gave a shit and let them do the same thing.  The Inc/Universal did more for her than A&M did with Harmonium.   Hands down.   

ps: that performance she did on espn(i think) from 2006 of HOM was amazing..she looked great.
I agree with all that. Btw, is this the performance you mentioned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P61439bCdi0
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 12:04:23 pm »
Her label HAVE to share the majority of blame for the failure of 'Heroes & Thieves'. There was hardly any real promotion for that damn album. Sure, they threw her a few dollars to shoot two videos, had Irv's kid shoot them pratting about in Nolita, had her perform on a few shows, etc...but that is most certainly not near enough promo for an artist like Vanessa.

She's lazy and doesn't seem to care about sales...which is admirable on one hand but on the other, major labels have expectations. But like Vanessa once said, you CANNOT promote your record in India without the backing of a label.

Remember when Irv said he'd have her tour the world, promote the hell out of her, etc? He didn't deliver any of that, IMO. That's why I hold most of the blame with him. 

Now here's the thing - her music isn't what's in the charts so she should not be chasing the major deals.   

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 03:08:12 pm »
I agree with the last sentence...I just wish she would have went indie after A&M dropped her.  But shes gonna need to step it up a notch!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 07:08:09 pm »
The thing with Irv though is his entire comeback project with Universal Records failed, it wasn't just V. Ja Rule hasn't sold anything since Irv has been back. Lloyd left The Inc. You name it, it has failed.

Irv was essentially getting his money and push from Universal and when the money dried up for that, the money dried up for V and everyone else. It is business. Only those people know how much or how hard they were trying to push V's stuff.

In fact, Irv stated in May he was leaving Universal as he didn't feel the energy that he needed from them. Maybe having V tour the world and blow her up again like he blew up Ja Rule was Irv's dream to revive his own career, but it didn't work. I had reserved expectations for what Irv might be able to do for V, and even my expectations overshot what happened. I wouldn't place all of the blame on Irv though.

The thing with V's music is ever since the singer-songwriter in the mainstream peaked in 2002-2003 it has been all down hill from there with top 40. Now top 40 is rap music plus your popperized version of a Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood song and every once in a while some Kelly Clarkson. It is what it is.

The best thing V can do if she ever wanted to make it back big is continue to make good music and push the music she believes in. There are a lot of great artists out there who get no radio play but probably make a decent living. That said, it is up to them to be out there 150+ nights a year playing across the globe to make a living and maybe get that big break someday. Based on how much bank V probably made on ATM if she has invested her money right she doesn't have to do that if she doesn't want to. If that is her choice I'm fine with that as long as she continues to make good music or do whatever makes her happy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:10:07 pm by B »
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 02:07:56 pm »
I think Irv dropped he ball for sure, there was NO promotion for H&T. And I know of plenty of indie artists who are just out there for the fun of it and they are in my opinion, successful. And they don't promote too much either. What is important, above all is the quality of music, that it continues to get better, and I think V has done that. I hope that the album is kept very bare bones, like just her piano and Skye Steele on London, Fair Weather Friends, Waltz, and if she plays guitar it not being over-produced. I think the only thing about H&T that disappointed me was too much production, not enough orchestration, a departure from the classical roots that are SO classically V.
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 02:21:24 pm »
Maybe its because people don't like to listen to her kinda music. I mean come on, most of what she sings is not all that to begin with.  i'm sure when people think vanessa carlton, they think a thousand miles.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 08:43:20 pm »
Maybe its because people don't like to listen to her kinda music. I mean come on, most of what she sings is not all that to begin with.  i'm sure when people think vanessa carlton, they think a thousand miles.

And that is why we are all here posting on a forum about her. And why people enjoy and listen to music very similar to hers all the time.

Thank you peanut galllery.

xxlovelyxx

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 09:17:20 pm »
why don't YOU just ignore me..you never have anything nice to say anyway snoopy.. ;D

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 11:31:44 am »
How about just stop posting stupid stuff?  We all know you don't like Vanessa Carlton.  Which is cool, it's just that you are an antagonist.

And I do have nice things to say.  I've even said nice things to you before, remember?  I bet you don't.

xxlovelyxx

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 06:07:00 pm »
 ::)

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2010, 10:38:23 pm »
 ;D  Stay sweet Jennifer.  You are so cute when you roll your eyes like that.

charmedguy18

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2010, 12:01:38 pm »
::)
Since when did you start disliking V?

xxlovelyxx

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2010, 09:03:47 pm »
i never said i disliked vanessa. but i do dislike tylor  ;)

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:44 am »
Ahh Jen en Ty...
Reading your posts makes me think of the old times
:D

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •