Author Topic: "A Thousand Miles" must have made V a lot of money...  (Read 3036 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
"A Thousand Miles" must have made V a lot of money...
« on: December 30, 2009, 11:54:05 am »
I mean, this year she hasn't released anything and only played a handful of dates. How does she afford to live? And she's travelled a bit this year, too.

I guess this is an appreciation thread for "A Thousand Miles" - not only is it the song that 'made' her, but it also allows her to keep doing what she's doing.

:)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: "A Thousand Miles" must have made V a lot of money...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:56:18 am »
True. She's probably made enough money off of that song to live pretty comfortably. The Zales commercials a couple years back helped too, I'm sure.

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:43:25 pm »
Well think about it, in NF she says "take away my record deal, go on I don't need it" so she's not hurting in her beautiful apartment.
I always have appreciated ATM I just think it was and still is overplayed. It's a beautiful song with a lot of classical elements. I love the piano and orchestration.
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
LOL, I just said something along these lines in the impatient thread. If V has invested her money right she probably will never need to use music to specifically make money to meet essential needs again unless she wants to.

I always think back about how V said ATM is the song that allows her to write songs about vampire wars.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:54:34 pm »
LOL, I just said something along these lines in the impatient thread. If V has invested her money right she probably will never need to use music to specifically make money to meet essential needs again unless she wants to.

I always think back about how V said ATM is the song that allows her to write songs about vampire wars.
I remember that quote too! Classic V! I hope she continues to write songs about vampire wars, sylphs, and london's winding streets!
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.