Author Topic: You guys DO realise....  (Read 12326 times)

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
You guys DO realise....
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:21:16 pm »
Nessa TOTALLY botched that Disney concert performance 150% on purpose............

Just sayin.  ;D

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: You guys DO realise....
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 06:07:22 am »
Why would she do that?  No she didn't....the words 'shit' and 'fuck' are in her setlist.  They have been for like the last 3-4 years.  It's so sad when she drops those 'bombs' because they're are so fake now..just a part of the show to make her look less 'girl-y'.  it's quite sad actually. 
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 06:11:34 am »
I don't think she cared about the show either way.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:42:19 pm »
ps: did we really need another thread about it? it has its own thread that is PAGES long. 

just sayin'  ;)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »
Honestly, while I'm 100% with Nessa, I don't think she was trying very hard. Not that she botched in on purpose or anything, but that she didn't care to be there. Which is a big mistake. To the other thread now. <3

Just sayin'. ;)

NolitaUnicorn

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mandydstrawberry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:42:59 pm »
ps: did we really need another thread about it? it has its own thread that is PAGES long.  

YES!

next question.

***Boycott The Superficial***
Be my friend on myspace!!!!http://www.myspace.com/mandydstrawberry

charmedguy18

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 05:49:08 pm »
I say "shit" and "fuck" a lot as well. I don't do it for any purpose in particular. And I doubt vanessa had a purpose either.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 07:05:17 pm »
I say "shit" and "fuck" a lot as well. I don't do it for any purpose in particular. And I doubt vanessa had a purpose either.

I agree completely.
it's just who Vanessa is.
she isn't going to do something on purpose to portray any kind of 'image'.

it's a simple mistake that doesn't deserve to be talked about as much as it already has.

people need to stop making these absurd assumptions.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:11:45 am »
Kulpdogg-

I can see what your saying..completely.
But when she does it at almost EVERY single show the last couple years...it's questionable.  Don't you think?  I love that she makes mistakes at shows..thats what live shows are all about....but I have been to numerous Nessa shows since 2006 and her "shits" and "fucks" seem written into the setlist now.  I EXPECT them now...and she hasn't failed me in 4 years!!  

I don't think I'm being harsh or unreasonable about my thoughts on this...the proof is there...videos on youtube, everyones whos been to a show the last couple years...i think my last 3 shows shes cussed at the opening piano of "nolita" sad. :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:20:03 am by nutnlp »

Nessaholista

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 08:25:55 am »
I think Irv Gotti was the bad effect on Vanessa!!

charmedguy18

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:13:22 am »
May I just add I didn't trust him since the day I heard he was putting her on his label. I knew he was an idiot and guess what? He was.

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:14 am »
May I just add I didn't trust him since the day I heard he was putting her on his label. I knew he was an idiot and guess what? He was.

Do we have 'proof' he really did anything wrong? I think we're lucky we got a second single off of H&T even though it deserved 5. He did a pretty good job pushing the album. I remember when my jaw hit the floor when Hands on Me reaches #1 for a few days on Mix Fm's Most Requested. He definitely believes in her and pushes her if you've seen Gotti's Way clips.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:32 am »
I think Irv did a terrible job. Granted, it wasn't as bad as A&M, but it was pretty bad.

I didn't see any push from The Inc. There was a week of TV promo & a few magazine interviews, but that's it. Just because he released a second single doesn't mean he did all he could. He just paid (small budget) for two music videos, put them out there and that was that. "Nolita Fairytale" was released in June, the video didn't premiere until September and she didn't promote it (aside from a few radio gigs) until the week of the album release.

I'm not putting full blame on The Inc. Of course not. But did he do a good job? No way.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:48 am »
Why is everyone on these boards so quick to blame anyone BUT Vanessa?  Artists loose steam..its happening to tons of artists...I think her long dissapearances say A LOT about the kind of artist she is.  They gave her radio/tv spots/commercials/2 music videos...what else are they/irv/inc/universal supposed to do?  the album had lackluster sales...in my opinion because the first single was DULL & unrelatible unless you were Nessa or Lord Victor. It's not logical for a record company to keep putting $$$ into an artist/album if theres nothing coming back!!   Irv let her make the album HER WAY!  Why is everyone bashing him/the label?  They did more for her than A&M did w/ Harmonium!!  I think they did enough for her..I think it's time for V to step up her game a little bit.  If she doesn't do a film score soon....I can see her disapearing off the face of the planet.

I know shes always been a very private person but do you guys feel like 'ego' has gotten ahold of her?  I read all her posts from 2002-2006 and she was so happy & different...i know she has grown up a lot since then but REALLY?  All her posts now are VERY spaced out and....

I'm gonna stop before people hate me even more than they already do.
I'm just tired of everyone pointing the finger on these boards....it's nobodys fault but V's...i support TONS of indie artists who would KILL to have had the exposure V had w/ h&t.....yet they still manage to stay in contact w/ there fans/myspace/online stores/communities/etc.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:44:21 am by nutnlp »

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 11:45:58 am »
V had every chance to go indie and do it 'her way' so there would be nobody else to blame but she didn't.  she signed w/ inc/universal.  She knew what she was getting herself into.  It's even more so questionable why she didn't sign to an indie after what a&m did to harmonium.  

i just feel like at this point..her fans care more than she does...if she would take a little control over her career i feel like she might be in a different spot right now.  a computer can do wonders for an artist! haha.

this is all my opinion...not trying to tick anyone off...i just think h&t should have been released on a smaller label....non major....
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:47:39 am by nutnlp »