Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341890 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2010, 05:04:09 am »
All I ask is for 'All I Ask' to be put on an album. <3 I think Fairweather Friends and London are going to be on the album, but 'Waltz' is looking to be sold.

So, if we count those songs:

1. Fairweather Friends
2. London
3. Moneymaker
4. I Don't Want to be a Bride
5. Waltz?

We have nearly half an album. :0

I just realize we've got nearly half of an album when you finally listed the songs she premiered, LOL.

Regarding to the number of songs to be included in her next record, I hope she could include as much as she could 'cause who knows when will be the time when she's going to release her fifth. I hope she'll include like 20 songs (including the songs that didn't make the previous albums). Maybe I'm asking for much, but I think she'll have more listeners if she include a wider range of songs.

Maybe the reason why she releases her albums each two or three years is that she doesn't think up about 20 songs she considers worth recording in that time.

Everything she writes is worth  recording for me, lol.

But anyway, the two-three year gap is pretty reasonable to me. But I hope during the gaps, she'll have tours and constant appearances enough to keep her on her track and for us fans to know what's up.

Let's not forget whatever she was playing in Gotti's Way, that sounded AMAZING! (and cribs, and Pleased to meet you...) lol.

Oh yeah! That mystery song is so awesome. I hope we'll be hearing more of that sometime in the future.

And about the snippet she played in Cribs, I think it's an original (or encore) part of Hands On Me. Try to play the riff as an intro, and it sounds so good.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2010, 08:11:11 am »
Okay not to sound very debbie downer here... but i honestly don't think that v will release an album with b side tracks. if she does then that would be amazingly wonderful and i'll feel bad for posting this.  we can only hope that she decided to put at least all is well and morning sting on an album.  who knows maybe she'll suprise us all =) but in my opinion i'd rather hear a whole new batch of songs instead of having old ones recorded.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2010, 08:49:56 am »
Of course we would all rather have brand new material, but that's for full studio production albums. I just mean a little session between records, the way some artists release live albums and compilations. KT Tunstall's "Acoustic Extravaganza" took just 2 days to record with her full band.

Plus I just rememberd V's unheard song "Wave Goodbye", I wonder if it will ever surface?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:52:18 am by TRINIST »

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2010, 10:54:02 am »
Oh yeah that song we heard from Gotti's way really needs to be on the album. I've been so obsessed with it lately!

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2010, 02:55:12 pm »
Are you guys referring to this song? D:

That's the only one I could find, and I didn't know what the song was. So we have six possible songs now?

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2010, 09:55:03 pm »

That's the only one I could find, and I didn't know what the song was. So we have six possible songs now?

Awww I love Irv, I wonder if she finished that song. ???

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2010, 12:05:33 am »

Awww I love Irv, I wonder if she finished that song. ???

All of us wonder the same thing, and none of us knows for sure.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2010, 12:54:31 pm »
oh don't forget about this song as well... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I0vu5HSKmg
this is such a beatiful piano riff <3

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2010, 01:35:53 pm »

This is also an amazing piano material! Wish she would release someday a B-Sides and rarities album :/
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »

This is also an amazing piano material! Wish she would release someday a B-Sides and rarities album :/

I doubt she'll release B-sides. V is someone who evolves constantly, and that includes her songs and her styles. But who knows? Hoping can't hurt. If she will, I'm thinking of the record being called Full Circle or something.  ;D

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »
I've been a Vanessa fan for years, and I've been lurking round the Forums for ages. I finally got the chance to post on the Forums xD ..nice to meet you all :)

Anyway, I really hope that Vanessa would release all her old songs as B-sides/acoustics, but I think I agree with sobriquet..All her old (but still beautiful!) music was from like 10 years ago, and she's changed and matured a lot since then, so I reckon it's unlikely she'll bother going back to her old stuff..

Having said that, I'd love her forever if she'd do a better take on "Faces" ..the lyrics give me goosebumps..and I also love "Superhero" <3

Ah..I really want her new album already! Maybe we'll find out some more new songs from her when she performs at Nashville..I also really hope she makes more than 1 music video for this album..

Btw, do you think she'll ever update her website? xDD It hasn't changed since H&T came out lol
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:50:27 pm by mysticalmists »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2010, 01:33:12 am »
I don't think so. I mean, if there will be one place where she will surely update us at intervals, it will be Twitter.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: "Rabbits on the Run" Thread
« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »
Vanessa performed "Tall tales for spring" at Nashville Pride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ahGt53deg

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2010, 02:41:36 am »
Woho! Excited!! Thanx for the video :DDD

To be honest, if the cd includes All is Well i will be happy for life. I would love to listen the finished version of the song she played in Gottis Way...i loved it. I need a darker vanessa for this cd : )
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:45 am »
If I'm right, Tall Tales For Spring is a modification of Waltz. Which means she didn't sell it as a movie track or something. 8D