Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Due: 06.21.11 -- Now 7.26.11?  (Read 341660 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: New album will be called "Rabbits on the Run"
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 02:24:54 am »
I think we just have to wait for a detailed explanation of why V decided to entitle her latest album as "Rabbits on the run". Hey, just as long as we know that she's working on one seems fine with me.

I agree with you.

I like the new title she came up with, though I also think that the 'Tall Tales for...' is better. But hey, maybe she got something meaningful why she chose to have that title for her new record. Besides, maybe her track list seems to suit the title record. Let's just trust V.  ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2010, 04:39:14 am »
I'm so happy to hear from her :)
The title is so cute. Haha
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

Lord Star

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 09:23:12 am »
I think we just have to wait for a detailed explanation of why V decided to entitle her latest album as "Rabbits on the run". Hey, just as long as we know that she's working on one seems fine with me.

I agree with you.

I like the new title she came up with, though I also think that the 'Tall Tales for...' is better. But hey, maybe she got something meaningful why she chose to have that title for her new record. Besides, maybe her track list seems to suit the title record. Let's just trust V.  ;)

Yep, hehe remember the time when V announced that the name of her 2nd album is Harmonium and we were like "WHAAAAt???" and then she explained it and we were "oh that's cool" hahaha! Tall tales for spring sounds awesome too.

nessafan_sa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:21 pm »
One thing's for sure, the title is very V. I actually love it, I can't wait to hear an explanation on the meaning behind it.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »
I really hope someone whose opinion she respects, like a radio promo guy, sits down with her, puts his arm around her and says,
"V, I love the new album.  I really do.  The songs are great. But honestly?......Dumb-ass album title.  Could hurt us.  Gonna be hard or impossible to market that.  We're not selling CD's or downloads next to The Wiggles or Dora The Explorer.  Help us help you, k?  Tall Tales From The Springtime Velvet Dumpster or whatever, I hated that one, too."

Seriously, though, from the brilliance of "Heroes and Thieves" to "Rabbits"?  I think it's some 420 talking there.

Dan/NS

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 03:22:20 am »
One thing's for sure, the title is very V. I actually love it, I can't wait to hear an explanation on the meaning behind it.

I agree with you. Let's just wait for the real meaning behind the title. I'm sure she's got something really meaningful behind it. Besides, her symbolism of rabbit (time slipping, mind floating) is something that she totally relate to according to her. And she always makes records that are pretty personal, so I guess this record contains another set of 'chapters' in her life both as an artist and a person. And if she thinks that that set of chapters suits the title 'Rabbits On The Run', then I'd gladly take it.  ;)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 06:15:12 am »
I wish it were still called "Tall Tales for Spring". Who invented that thing that it can only contain "Spring" if released on Spring? For example, Kelly Clarkson's "My December" was released on June ;D

Buuut, like I posted earlier, maybe she can use this title on a future record. Can't really wait to hear the songs, especially the studio version of "London". There's gotta be "London"! >:(
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 06:44:25 am »
I wish it were still called "Tall Tales for Spring". Who invented that thing that it can only contain "Spring" if released on Spring? For example, Kelly Clarkson's "My December" was released on June ;D

Oh, yeah. Good point in there.  :D

Anne

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • ♥[VC]♥
    • ICQ Messenger - 572833880
    • MSN Messenger - anniegiacobello@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:36 am »
I hope it will come out soon! no matter how it called...i am sure it will be a wonderfull album :)
"I think Vanessa is one of the good ones..."-Stevie Nicks ♥

Lord Star

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 09:48:24 am »

Buuut, like I posted earlier, maybe she can use this title on a future record. Can't really wait to hear the songs, especially the studio version of "London". There's gotta be "London"! >:(

TRUE! I can not wait for the studio version of London, I bet it's gonna sound like it's the best thing ever produced by V. Hope it's gonna be a single from her new album. Oh and I also would wanna hear the songs she wrote using a guitar!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 04:19:30 am »

TRUE! I can not wait for the studio version of London, I bet it's gonna sound like it's the best thing ever produced by V. Hope it's gonna be a single from her new album. Oh and I also would wanna hear the songs she wrote using a guitar!

Same here. I wonder what 'straying a bit from piano' will sound like.

Lord Star

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 04:50:06 am »
Really awesome, imagine V's melodies on a guitar! Wooooot! Haha
Come on she should update us more!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 05:29:22 am »
Yeah.  :D I'm really excited here too. Come on, updates!! Come on down!!  ;D

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 06:06:00 am »
Oh, Gosh! That name is even better, I really like "Rabbits on the Run" It even has alliteration, haha. Amazing. I can't wait to hear it, it's gonna be awesome, awesome. I'm really excited. And I'm so glad she had finally posted a note, or sth. I haven't heard form her in such a long time, this is such a relief.

Concerningg the dog, I can't believe. It's such a pitty that happened. Poor Vanessa, but she did the right thing. If she had not reported him, who nows who else he might have bitten. However, I hate that things like this happen:
http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100513/NEWS/5130324

Anyway, I'm so glad! I can't WAIT for this new album! And I hope we can hear from her more often!
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 01:28:54 pm »
Also.

"Rabbits on the Run" = "Rabbids on the Run"?

Like. The dog bit her while she was on her daily jog.

See what I did there? 8D