Author Topic: Meanings and Notions behind the Songs  (Read 32761 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Meanings and Notions behind the Songs
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2011, 11:18:16 pm »
In the song Carousel what does this line mean: "I thought I heard you voice in the thunder, Is the owl casting spells that we're under"?

I'm sorry that I didn't see this before.  I actually wrote an essay on Carousel and have some theories on this.  There is also a thread somewhere, when the carousel video first came out, that I posted some preliminary ideas and someone else actually created a thread for the line itself..
~Sara~

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2011, 06:16:57 pm »
In the song Carousel what does this line mean: "I thought I heard you voice in the thunder, Is the owl casting spells that we're under"?

I'm sorry that I didn't see this before.  I actually wrote an essay on Carousel and have some theories on this.  There is also a thread somewhere, when the carousel video first came out, that I posted some preliminary ideas and someone else actually created a thread for the line itself..

oh wow just saw this! thanks, and after i posted that i found that thread...a lot of meaning to it!

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2012, 06:15:08 pm »
this thread needs an update. it was awesome!
actually i became a nessaholic because of this thread :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:18:03 pm by Fred_Saboya »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 02:32:59 am »
this thread needs an update. it was awesome!
actually i became a nessaholic because of this thread :)

I updated it :D

I have an idea, guys!

I want to modify this thread. Could you help to find the particular interview/show in which V actually explained the songs? I want to have a reference to make it more reliable :D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »
Someone said somewhere that they thought paradise could be about an eating disorder. I thought that was pretty out there at the time but I listened to it today with that mind set and it does make some sense. I guess that is the mark of good music-it can mean so much and such different things to all sorts of people.
~Sara~