Author Topic: Album Art  (Read 6232 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Album Art
« on: June 25, 2010, 12:19:37 pm »
I have always admired how Vanessa has such beautiful art work in her album booklets. Heroes and Thieves is definatly my favorite in regards to art work [James Riches has a really cool style] especially since it is all fine art and hand done.
What do you imagine the Rabbits on the Run artwork to look like?
I see it being much like Heroes and Thieves in regards to the color scheme and style of work [ink and watercolor] with her classic font. The images will be somewhat spring-y with tall grass, obviously rabbits, sparrows, etc...makes me wish i could design it XD

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Album Art
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:35:06 pm »
Want me to try drawing one? I want to see how it'll come out. I might post it here later.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:48:22 pm »
I too adore that V puts effort into her album inlay artwork. Especially in these days of throwaway factory-line music, where some text slapped on top of an airbrushed photo will do, it has become somewhat of a lost art. LP covers used to be important. As an illustration student, how something looks and what that can evoke is very important to me and helps create a better understanding and connection to that media (movie poster, music vid, storybook, etc.). Visual communication is a powerful thing.
I remember Vanessa speaking before about how feels her aesthetic is important and she wants her image to be in line with her music. I love artists who recognises this side of things, because of course V's music could stand on it's own, but pairing and enhancing it with the right imagery appeals to more senses and makes the experience stronger as a whole.
Vanessa's album covers have all been wonderful, and the Harmonium and H&T shoots are up there at the top of my music promo shoots ever. I have no idea what to expect from Rabbits, but I know I will love it. I realise it's not like she photographs herself and sits in photoshop for days lol, but she clearly has a strong idea of how she wants to present herself with each album and has a lot of creative input. Each record looks, as it sounds, more beautiful, stronger and self-assured than the last.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:35:36 pm »
I'm planning on drawing one as well :D lots of filigree around the edges like ive done in some of my other pieces
http://iluvvanessa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2nmpqu
http://iluvvanessa.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ptzfl
I agree on how much i despise the disappearance of album art and the beauty of the written note.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 08:38:27 pm by iluvvanessa »

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 10:30:01 am »
I really enjoy H&T's artwork, but I REALLY don't like the cover. It seems kinda of low budget, especially since Harmonium's was so beautiful.
I hope Rabbits on the Run's artwork is really creative and she looks gorgeous as always : )
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 03:28:34 am by HydroSwimmer12 »

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:34:30 pm »
Yeah I like her first two albums art work, kinda meh on H and T's album cover tho :/.

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 08:04:24 pm »
I don't know why, but it has always been a dream of mine that she would have a cover where she appears sat on an unicorn wearing a white dress, in a really beautiful and light green field and a clear blue sky in the back. Also that there would be a photo in the booklet of her walking through a dark forest full of glowing and strange flowers wearing a purple cloak. Yup, strange, I know. But I think that it would fit perfectly "Rabbits on the Run" since from what we know so far it'll have a surreal and fairy tallish take on it. Oh, and of course, she has to keep on using that font style, or a new that has something from the original, like the one used in "H&T", it's still Vanessa looking lol
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 08:06:33 pm by VTTM »
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 05:38:56 am »
What if she's like in a Queen of Hearts avatar? You know... a reflection kinda thing going on...?

A lil' too predictable... but it would be nice!!!

Or she could be in like a bunny costume... with a carrot in one hand and one of them pocket watches in the other!!!

I know... Not funny... But meh... :P
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 06:27:31 am »
I don't know why, but it has always been a dream of mine that she would have a cover where she appears sat on an unicorn wearing a white dress, in a really beautiful and light green field and a clear blue sky in the back. Also that there would be a photo in the booklet of her walking through a dark forest full of glowing and strange flowers wearing a purple cloak. Yup, strange, I know. But I think that it would fit perfectly "Rabbits on the Run" since from what we know so far it'll have a surreal and fairy tallish take on it. Oh, and of course, she has to keep on using that font style, or a new that has something from the original, like the one used in "H&T", it's still Vanessa looking lol

I would like to see that too. Most especially if she shoot it somewhere in England.

I also visualize the album art with just minimal amount of color. Just black and white with just small dash of colors.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 03:30:08 pm »
I would like to see something whimsical and magical, I've always dreamed of seeing a cover with V in a velvet medieval gown with a candle and in a castle, really dark and mysterious.
Or I'd like to see her standing in a meadow at dusk. Because EVERYTHING happens in a meadow at dusk. ;)
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 06:38:16 am »
I would love if the cover was a really nice ilustration to be honest.  :D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sabasaba

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 03:58:22 pm »
I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I'm sure it'll be great. I liked the artwork for both Harmonium and Heroes & Thieves, but the Be Not Nobody cover was..........eh.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 02:26:24 am »
What would be nice is to see Vanessa in New York on the front cover and in London on the back. Nothing to do with rabbits though lol

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 03:50:44 am »
What would be nice is to see Vanessa in New York on the front cover and in London on the back. Nothing to do with rabbits though lol

Nice idea, imo.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »
What if she's like in a Queen of Hearts avatar? You know... a reflection kinda thing going on...?

A lil' too predictable... but it would be nice!!!

Or she could be in like a bunny costume... with a carrot in one hand and one of them pocket watches in the other!!!

I know... Not funny... But meh... :P

No, just no on the bunny costume. o_o It reminds me too much of the Japanese lolita-look [short poofy dress just with bunny ears] or a Playboy bunny costume. :-X

I really like the idea of this one. :D For me, it brings on the sense of trying to escape a reality from one place and the other - to avoid whatever experiences and time she gained (I guess, to tie in the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland theme...).
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."