Author Topic: Carousel  (Read 62234 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Carousel
« Reply #165 on: May 31, 2011, 12:10:21 pm »
I don't know if this has been posted, but I found it so I thought I'd post. It's just a Stevie Nicks fan discussion on Carousel.
Mostly it's a discussion on this mysterious "drop dead gorgeous nephew."

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45910

I told myself I wasn't going to read any more boards about her.. but I read it.  at least they use qualifiers like "i think" and the such and don't state it as absolute fact.  Fair opinions, they also weren't too keen on Stevie singing with anyone else, let alone Vanessa.  to each his/her own I suppose!

Yeah, I didn't think they were mean, although "I don't get this Vanessa Carlton thing" kind of annoyed me.

lol, yeah, agreed.   it's hard to explain to a non believer.
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #166 on: May 31, 2011, 12:49:39 pm »
I don't know if this has been posted, but I found it so I thought I'd post. It's just a Stevie Nicks fan discussion on Carousel.

I told myself I wasn't going to read any more boards about her.. but I read it.  at least they use qualifiers like "i think" and the such and don't state it as absolute fact.  Fair opinions, they also weren't too keen on Stevie singing with anyone else, let alone Vanessa.  to each his/her own I suppose!

Yeah, I didn't think they were mean, although "I don't get this Vanessa Carlton thing" kind of annoyed me.

Lol! I get really annoyed/offended whenever I play a V song for a friend and they don't like it. I have one friend that can be considered somewhat of a Vanessa fan, although she's more into V's ~mainstream~ tracks, like 'A Thousand Miles' and 'Nolita Fairytale'. Anyway, I called her up when I saw the Soundcloud account with the snippets from RotR and made her listen to all the tracks, one by one. She was really unimpressed and complained about the 'low and cheap quality' of the audio. I had to explain the whole analog thing to her. I got so angry! I know I shouldn't, and to each his own, I guess...but I can't help but shove Vanessa and her music down my friends and family's throats. I want them to comprehend the complete and utter amazingness (not a word, I know. Whatever.) that is Vanessa Carlton and her music.  :'(

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: May 31, 2011, 01:02:01 pm »

Lol! I get really annoyed/offended whenever I play a V song for a friend and they don't like it. I have one friend that can be considered somewhat of a Vanessa fan, although she's more into V's ~mainstream~ tracks, like 'A Thousand Miles' and 'Nolita Fairytale'. Anyway, I called her up when I saw the Soundcloud account with the snippets from RotR and made her listen to all the tracks, one by one. She was really unimpressed and complained about the 'low and cheap quality' of the audio. I had to explain the whole analog thing to her. I got so angry! I know I shouldn't, and to each his own, I guess...but I can't help but shove Vanessa and her music down my friends and family's throats. I want them to comprehend the complete and utter amazingness (not a word, I know. Whatever.) that is Vanessa Carlton and her music.  :'(

aww, that's too bad about your friend.  I just try to remember that it's their loss!  When I talk about her/the album at work people look at me like I have five heads.  Oh, and making up words is allowed.  My husband made one up for me : nessaholicking.  That is when I'm online in the forums :)
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2011, 03:39:55 pm »
is it possible she says
"it's the owl" instead of "is the owl"
~Sara~