Author Topic: New Official Website  (Read 93472 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Official Website
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:04 pm »
When they say "beautiful!" at the end, they actually seem to be reacting to the visible tape splice when it flies past the playback head. It's a little reminder that things are "hand made" and not digitally edited.

when she says beautiful I think she is referring to the edit they have to do.  If you listen, she made a mistake so she's saying "beautiful" in reference to the wrong note/s she played--basically laughing at herself.
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 22, 2011, 12:48:56 pm »
When they say "beautiful!" at the end, they actually seem to be reacting to the visible tape splice when it flies past the playback head. It's a little reminder that things are "hand made" and not digitally edited.

when she says beautiful I think she is referring to the edit they have to do.  If you listen, she made a mistake so she's saying "beautiful" in reference to the wrong note/s she played--basically laughing at herself.

i dont think so, i dont hear that she messes anything up, it's mostly what Lyris says :)
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:11 pm »
A little interesting tidbit I found out: Steve, the guy Vanessa mentioned who produced stuff for one of her favorite bands, Doves, and who also seems to be producing ROTR, produced KT Tunstall's last album. His full name is Steve Osbourne. So everything kinda makes sense now, seeing as how a while back V mentioned KT. I don't know, I thought it was interesting.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2011, 12:57:46 pm »
I think he's done all of KT's albums. Or at least been involved with them.

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 22, 2011, 12:58:25 pm »
A little interesting tidbit I found out: Steve, the guy Vanessa mentioned who produced stuff for one of her favorite bands, Doves, and who also seems to be producing ROTR, produced KT Tunstall's last album. His full name is Steve Osbourne. So everything kinda makes sense now, seeing as how a while back V mentioned KT. I don't know, I thought it was interesting.

Yeah, Vanessa and KT are friends, so V probably heard KT's album and really liked the production, so she decided to get Steve for ROTR.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 22, 2011, 12:59:04 pm »
He produced her two first (and excellent) albums but her last one. If you listen to it, you'll hear that...

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2011, 04:23:52 pm »

i dont think so, i dont hear that she messes anything up, it's mostly what Lyris says :)

Really?? That is why he rewinds the tape...so she can hear it.. and he says something about an edit. "see there's the edit there" then they both go "ohhh!"
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2011, 04:25:51 pm »

Really?? That is why he rewinds the tape...so she can hear it.. and he says something about an edit. "see there's the edit there" then they both go "ohhh!"

OR, is it just the sound the tape makes because there was an edit (the tape on the film or what not?)
~Sara~

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2011, 04:36:04 pm »
im very happy with how involved she seems to be with this record...what a beautiful video..and so happy she recorded it to tape..i remember her mentioning wanting to do that at a show years ago!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2011, 04:52:51 pm »
Vanessa is naturally beautiful. I think I prefer her without the make up on. She looks so much prettier, IMO.

100% Agree.
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

coyote_revolver

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2011, 06:50:51 pm »
I've been a lurker in the forums since the Harmonium era but I finally decided to join and share the excitement!

THIS ALBUM IS GOING TO BE MAGNIFICIENT!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »
I've been a lurker in the forums since the Harmonium era but I finally decided to join and share the excitement!

Welcome to the forum!

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:10 pm »

Welcome! And yes, magnificient it will be :D

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »
At first, I was kind of disappointed that ROTR would only have 10-11 tracks (depending on if she releases an iTunes bonus, which I doubt), but somehow I think it's perfect. The album feels like it's going to be one long story.

ThomasEj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2011, 01:23:57 am »
I have just thought of finding the studio where she recorded. there is the website http://www.realworldstudios.com/ I haven't browsed it yet so I don't know what they have there. but it's nice to see where it all happened... the recording I mean :D
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you