Author Topic: What the hell is that?? Re:Icon  (Read 31106 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: What the hell is that??
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 01:40:41 am »
I'm kind of surprised that V hasn't tweeted about this, but you guys might be right in that SHE doesn't even know about it. I don't see how they could make a "Greatest Hits" Album from just the two records that they own. They definitely need to put some unreleased material on there. Oh, you know what bugs me about the cover? It doesn't even have V's signature Victorian lettering. It's just so..... generic. Plus, it basically just reused Harmonium's picture. Ughhh. I want to be optimistic about this, but in reality, I think it's just going to be recycled tracks from BNB and Harmonium.  :-\

I agree. It really shows that V doesn't have anything to do with this record. None of her creative markings are evident.

And I agree with her not twitting about it. I guess it's just a way for the record company to make money?

But hey, this would promote her too. And the timing's right, since it's being released just a couple of months before ROTR.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 02:50:11 am »
Vanessa doesn't need to know as far as they're concerned. They own the rights to the songs, so they can do whatever the hell they like with 'em. The good thing is that she'll get paid in royalties, so that's cool.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:10 am »
The good thing is that she'll get paid in royalties, so that's cool.

IF someone buys it ;)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2010, 03:58:15 am »
The good thing is that she'll get paid in royalties, so that's cool.

IF someone buys it ;)

I will!  Even if it is just released from the company, she will still get something...even though they'd get more.
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2010, 07:18:39 am »
uhhhh, the increased the price! not by much, but still, I wonder why.
~Sara~

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 02:54:27 pm »
Maybe we can tweet her and ask her what's up.... I have a feeling she's terrible at technology and doesn't know how to tweet at people or even know that people are tweeting her, but I guess it's worth a shot...
Peace
Adriann

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:34 pm »
lol she probably wont know what to do with the tweet hahaha

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 11:12:41 pm »
I have never tweeted.  I tried to get on and couldn't figure it out LoL. I sometimes lack the patience for things like that so I can see where she might not want to deal with it either!
~Sara~

jackoajl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • NessaGagaHolic
    • MSN Messenger - omaralfonsoj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2010, 01:00:34 pm »
Maybe will include som unreleased songs from BNN and Harmonium, like morning stings and that kind of stuff, I mean, she don't have a lot of singles out, just 7 if we count private radio, so I believe that the company could include 3 songs from each album and 3 unreleased or include 4 of each album and still with the same stuff we have.
I'm walking A Thausand Miles

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2010, 04:09:35 pm »
mhm... maybe there might be new songs, you never know, they might have songs that were never released in the albums.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2010, 04:16:07 pm »
I think everyone is over thinking this release.  They are throwing out little 'best of' releases for nearly artist. I believe it's going to be in eco-friendly packaging and probably cost like 5 dollars.  V's will probably get releases digitally only.

She has no control over this and probably has no clue that it's being released.....I could care less about any 'greatest hits' they put together...it's a $$ plow for sure.

What are they going to do?

Include 3 songs from BNN and 3 from Harmonium?  I don't think they would release anything that we haven't heard yet.

This is a waste of time..let's just look forward to ROTR.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2010, 08:56:27 pm »
These are the kind of crap releases you sometimes see for $5.99 in drug stores and gas station mini-marts.  A few obvious tracks, maybe a forgettable live version of a hit track rather than the studio one to rip you off further.  Next to no artwork, pics are usually outtakes from photo sessions with cruddy graphics that any one of us could do a better job at.  No liner notes.  Compiled by some unpaid intern who probably could not care less/knows next to nothing about VC.

I'd like to think some unreleased stuff might be on there, but I'm guessing they might maybe.....maybe....throw something like Swindler on there, but that is wishful thinking.

Something like this concerns me, because in the age of the vanishing physical CD, for Vanessa this release could effectively replace BNN/Harmonium in 99% of stores altogether, but what are you gonna do?

Just my opinion, this is probably nothing to be happy about. Vanessa, if she knows about it at all, is most likely not jumping for joy at the idea of her catalogue being consolidated, and in any event, her future lies in her next release, not some retro record company cash grab.  And, like a few of you, I hope this does NOT delay the new album.  Record companies pull this crap all the time.

And, what genius of them to release these in friggin' January, when these budget compliations would probably have sold better now, during the holiday season.

Whatever.

Dan/NS

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 05:12:12 am »
Why would it delay the new album? Vanessa + 'Rabbits on the Run' has nothing to do with A&M Records. And as far as I know, isn't she unsigned at the minute? Or certainly not signed to Universal anyway?

Nah, I think the new album will be fine. Knowing Vanessa, she probably doesn't really care (if she knows about it).

It's just one of those things, sadly.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 10:43:12 pm »
Why would it delay the new album? Vanessa + 'Rabbits on the Run' has nothing to do with A&M Records.

Correct.  She is done with A&M.  I wasn't saying that. What I'm saying is that VC's other label or even her management may feel that the one greatest hits release will compete for shelf space or public attention with the new album, you get me?  And since it will be appearing first, the label may want to wait till the hits CD has been out a while before putting out the new one.

I'm hoping that this is not the case.  It's not unheard of for label #1 to screw label #2 by trotting out a greatest hits package and stealing the thunder from the new album.  But....this is happening *before* the new album is supposed to come out.  The worst case scenario is the hits CD dropping a few weeks after the new one.

Keep yer fingers crossed.

Dan/NS

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:44:58 pm by nosticker »

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 11:15:28 pm »
Oh okay, I understand what you mean now. :)