Author Topic: Adele  (Read 8937 times)

04jhowarth

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email
Re: Adele
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
Thanks for the advice, all done! I've posted an introductory speech also :)
Thanks, James.

www.YouTube.com/04jhowarth < Vanessa goodies!

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 02:15:32 pm »
Awesome... Adele is cool. lol ;)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 03:06:48 am »
I just started listening to her, and I think she's good. She reminds me of Sia, though their similarities are only little.

And I am in love with Turning Tables.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:53:18 pm by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 09:49:03 am »
I love adele, i really do. I've been a fan since before 19 but I'm a little bit less excited by her now that she's become so famous. I am so glad that she's been recognised as she deserves to be! But there's still that little part of me which feels a little bit annoyed that everyone knows her. All that aside, I'm seeing her in september! can't wait. I still think that 'Hometown Glory' is her best, just so pure.

SilverIchor

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Who'd hear of brave deeds when he's ashamed of his
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 07:47:53 pm »
I love adele, i really do. I've been a fan since before 19 but I'm a little bit less excited by her now that she's become so famous. I am so glad that she's been recognised as she deserves to be! But there's still that little part of me which feels a little bit annoyed that everyone knows her. All that aside, I'm seeing her in september! can't wait. I still think that 'Hometown Glory' is her best, just so pure.

Hometown Glory was my dance song this year! We did so well with it: getting 2nd overall, several golds and platinums. It was such an emotional dance. Although, it wasn't really my style, it was fun to perform.

And I hear what you're saying about her being popular. You wish for them to be recognized, but when they are, being a fan sort of loses its value, since she has so many. That's why I'm kind of glad V has a smaller fanbase, even though she certainly deserves recognition.

Random fact: in the book The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, Adele is mentioned. When I saw that, I kind of freaked out, haha, because my favorite character liked her (...though I secretly wished it was Vanessa).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:50:07 pm by SilverIchor »
"Sometimes, even strength has to bow down to wisdom" - Rick Riordan

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

Hometown Glory was my dance song this year! We did so well with it: getting 2nd overall, several golds and platinums. It was such an emotional dance. Although, it wasn't really my style, it was fun to perform.

And I hear what you're saying about her being popular. You wish for them to be recognized, but when they are, being a fan sort of loses its value, since she has so many. That's why I'm kind of glad V has a smaller fanbase, even though she certainly deserves recognition.

Random fact: in the book The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan, Adele is mentioned. When I saw that, I kind of freaked out, haha, because my favorite character liked her (...though I secretly wished it was Vanessa).

my sentiment exactly! It's like she's not my secret anymore. It feels a little less personal. I love the fact that V has a small fan base! it means that pretty much everyone knows everyone and it's just so friendly, and no-one who i know can ruin her music for me :) it's great :D

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 02:45:08 pm »
I'm finally getting to see her next month. I had tickets 2 years ago but couldn't go.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 11:29:30 am »

I couldn't agree more. My fandom really flourished for her when she came out with "Chasing Pavements". At the time, she didn't have that big of a following, since she was a newbie. Now, she's blown up. I still adore her stuff, but it's less satisfying to listen to knowing that so many others like her, too. I mean, I think we're are happy for her popularity, but saddened by it as well. But yeah, of course, we can't hold onto an artist and keep them like some kind of treasure to ourselves.. but whatever! I feel like we do that to V.  :D We intend to keep it that way..  ;)

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 11:30:34 am »
And I love "Someone Like You". It's very straightforward, very heartfelt. Candid vid, too