Author Topic: Get Good  (Read 49440 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: Get Good
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »
When I first heard the live performance of this song, I really didn't like it that much.  But then slowly it started getting stuck in my head, and then when I heard the preview on Amazon I just fell in love.  It's so chill and serene and beautiful.  "Have you lost your constellation eyes?" is like... brilliance.  The iTunes preview just sealed the deal.  This is one of my favorites.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2011, 01:21:29 am »
maybe she says dendilion seed? I like more sea but tbh, thats what i heard right now xd
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2011, 03:08:50 am »
maybe she says dendilion seed? I like more sea but tbh, thats what i heard right now xd

I agree. It's 'seed' to me too.

And I think it's 'Stonewall run' instead of 'running.'

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2011, 07:12:09 am »

I agree. It's 'seed' to me too.

And I think it's 'Stonewall run' instead of 'running.'

I hear seed as well.  i like stonewall run but I really have no idea what she says! 
~Sara~

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2011, 10:14:04 pm »
Really really REAALLY loving this song right now.

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:05 pm »
Now that it's pointed out, I definitely hear "seed" as well

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2011, 07:33:16 pm »
This song is really helping me through some crappy times right now.  I've always found that, whenever times are tough, Vanessa has the perfect song for the moment.  But I really wish the album was coming out this week so I could get my hands on the studio version...

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2011, 05:21:13 am »

yes.  I picture when the dandelions go from the yellow to the puffy white and you can blow off the seeds.  I just picture a field with a sky full of the white fluffy stuff floating around
~Sara~

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2011, 09:37:56 am »
I guess it IS dandelion seed. If you check google images for dandelion seed (I'm to lazy to add a picture :P), it's like the thing the spec was on,on which the Whos from "Horton hears a Who" lived.

Someone catching my drift?

I mean it isn't just ordinary "seeds" like the grainy ones.

They're kinda poetic. :P
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2011, 09:50:16 am »
I always heard seed.

This is my second most played song on the album. I looove it!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2011, 10:03:08 am »

yes.  I picture when the dandelions go from the yellow to the puffy white and you can blow off the seeds.  I just picture a field with a sky full of the white fluffy stuff floating around

In that context it makes "powder soft serene" make a lot more sense too!

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2011, 12:42:48 pm »

In that context it makes "powder soft serene" make a lot more sense too!

that's what I was thinking too.  Even though I'm not entirely convinced, it does make sense.
~Sara~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »
I don't know if Vanessa is a fan of The Hunger Games or has even read them but last night I just finished reading the last book in the trilogy and this little paragraph near the end just really struck a chord with me and reminded me a lot of Get Good (may be a spolier for anyone planning on reading the books):

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2011, 01:03:28 am »
I don't know if Vanessa is a fan of The Hunger Games or has even read them but last night I just finished reading the last book in the trilogy and this little paragraph near the end just really struck a chord with me and reminded me a lot of Get Good (may be a spolier for anyone planning on reading the books):

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again."

Really, now. That is some coincidence if it is a coincidence.

When was that book released? May V did read it..

But then, she said that it was inspired by a Sylvia Plath poem. Oh, well. We'd never know.

Unless V will answer the question itself.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2011, 03:28:29 am »

Really, now. That is some coincidence if it is a coincidence.

When was that book released? May V did read it..

But then, she said that it was inspired by a Sylvia Plath poem. Oh, well. We'd never know.

Unless V will answer the question itself.

WOW. Arwen, nice catch. I guess it happens when you're reading something like that and the song is in your head...

But the dandelion bit in the books is kinda specific... But then again she said "GOOD AGAIN". They should use the song as a part of the soundtrack.

It's kinda funny to imagine her quoting THG or Suzanne Collins while introducing the song. I dunno... THG is getting kinda popular and already touted as the NEXT Twilight makes it kinda Kitsch.

Not judging. They are actually very good books.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...