Author Topic: First single  (Read 7516 times)

sabasaba

Re: First single
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 06:46:17 am »
Well she would have been told when to play the singles by her labels. Now she's independent, she can pretty much play anything she wants. I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Her freudian slip was really interesting - "It's gonna officially be a, er ... premiere. I've never played it". Maybe she did forget she played it, but to use the word "official"? Hmm. I dunno. There's no telling what could happen with Vanessa, aha.

ok, people keep saying this, and there might be a huge misunderstanding.

I want to clear this up. (if this does at all or not)

at first she was talking about Get Good.
and she said: "um, I think I'm gonna do um, a song -- um, it's gonna officially be uh I guess a premiere, I've never played it live before -- but let's do this one first, ok, This song is called Carousel, it's actually gonna be the first, or kinda opener of Rabbits on the Run. and um.. I think every record has an arc, and this is an important song, I wrote it um, [God, it's from] seven songs I wrote, and it's when I, kind of like started to see things with [with?] the writing process, I was getting pretty melancholy. and so this is an organic pick-me-up, I'm was very grateful with this song, I think I woke up and wrote it. for all of you single people, there's gonna be all these people[?]. It's not bad to be single on Valentine's day.

I don't think she made any slip-ups other than saying um a lot and stuttering a little, like she sometimes does (and admits to).

although she may have slipped that Carousel might be track #1, however maybe she just meant that it was LIKE an opener to the album, not necessarily the first track.
I don't know.

Well, I guess Kulp was right!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:27 am »
ehhhh, I was there, I said it first man!  When I heard that slip I just knew!
~Sara~

sabasaba

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:46 am »

Haha! You were both right! I guessed 'I Don't Wanna Be a Bride'...

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 08:14:19 am »

Haha! You were both right! I guessed 'I Don't Wanna Be a Bride'...

Not that it really matters who said it first, I just have to take my victory where I can because I've been wrong about EVERYTHING else in regards to this album! LOL 
I think IDWBAB will be a good follow up single.  I think it would have mass appeal (if that's what she's going for, if not then TTFS because I think that will appeal to only V fans and select others)
~Sara~