Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94603 times)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Re: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2011, 06:22:17 am »
I'll have to go back and watch it again. I forget where exactly, but I could've sworn you could see him!  :P

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2011, 07:15:04 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM3fEJyPrrg

You can see it/him at 0:28 and throughout the video in that same spot. I always assumed it was a real person because of the pose, but hmmm  ???

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2011, 07:18:01 am »
A little after 2:40 you can see him move a little.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2011, 08:07:23 am »
Ok so instead of uploading the Carousel screencaps to Mediafire, I've created a NESSAholics photobucket account. I've probably missed some Carousel screencaps but this way, we can all contribute and add their own to the different albums. I hope you like the idea:

username: thenessaholics
password: rabbitsontherun

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 20, 2011, 11:47:08 am »
Holy crap lol. Ive never noticed that "person" before, thats really creppy. One take hes out, another take hes in. First i was like...thats a manequin...and then it moveeeedd  :o
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2011, 11:57:16 am »
Holy crap lol. Ive never noticed that "person" before, thats really creppy. One take hes out, another take hes in. First i was like...thats a manequin...and then it moveeeedd  :o

lol!
it's like in the hands on me video with the candle on the side of the bed. lol!!

sabasaba

« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2011, 02:13:30 pm »
I had very high expectations for the 'Carousel' music video, so I was kind of disappointed with it at first. I really like V's wardrobe, and the candlesticks part, which I thought was very beautiful. I just think this music video will grow on me. I hope it plays on TV. :)

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2011, 06:54:18 pm »

Me neither. I also first thought it was mannequin! I wonder what the story is behind that guy.  Maybe they started shooting and they forgot he was in the shot?
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: May 20, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »
I had very high expectations for the 'Carousel' music video, so I was kind of disappointed with it at first. I really like V's wardrobe, and the candlesticks part, which I thought was very beautiful. I just think this music video will grow on me. I hope it plays on TV. :)

I was disapointed up until the bridge, then I began to think differently about the video.  Then I watched it a few more times and things really started to resonate for me.
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »

I was disapointed up until the bridge, then I began to think differently about the video.  Then I watched it a few more times and things really started to resonate for me.

I actually was  not disappointed by the video, nor was astounded. That is, until the bridge.

At the same time, I am glad that there were no carousels at all. That would be so cliche.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2011, 04:02:53 am »

I actually was  not disappointed by the video, nor was astounded. That is, until the bridge.

At the same time, I am glad that there were no carousels at all. That would be so cliche.

I was delighted with the video and I still love it :D
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 21, 2011, 05:50:22 pm »
Ok so instead of uploading the Carousel screencaps to Mediafire, I've created a NESSAholics photobucket account. I've probably missed some Carousel screencaps but this way, we can all contribute and add their own to the different albums. I hope you like the idea:

Thanks for that  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2011, 12:10:52 am »
You're welcome. I hope we can get loads more uploads of Carousel screencaps. I can hear photoshop calling me!

sabasaba

« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2011, 06:44:54 am »

Thanks!!

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2011, 09:27:41 am »
posted yet?

Vanessa Carlton: "Carousel" is the only song I've ever written in a dream that sounded lovely the next morning. The origin of "Carousel" is a dream, hence the dreamscape of the visual. I worked with an inspiring group of artists with impeccable taste. We were careful with its visual symbolism. There is nothing meaningless about it and I hope that comes across. The song is hopeful and it grew out of a very dark place. I think this little film of "Carousel" represents the spectrum of the music and I hope it adds a little spark of something pure and inspiring to the mix out there.

source: http://popdirt.com/vanessa-carlton-carousel-video/81871/
formerly fish_for__stars.