Author Topic: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)  (Read 94136 times)

beatriz

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re: Carousel Music Video (update: now online, reply #116)
« Reply #285 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:57 am »
posted yet?

Vanessa Carlton: "Carousel" is the only song I've ever written in a dream that sounded lovely the next morning. The origin of "Carousel" is a dream, hence the dreamscape of the visual. I worked with an inspiring group of artists with impeccable taste. We were careful with its visual symbolism. There is nothing meaningless about it and I hope that comes across. The song is hopeful and it grew out of a very dark place. I think this little film of "Carousel" represents the spectrum of the music and I hope it adds a little spark of something pure and inspiring to the mix out there.

source: http://popdirt.com/vanessa-carlton-carousel-video/81871/
I was about to post that!  ;)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: May 22, 2011, 09:43:19 am »
thank you!  I think that is cool she wrote it in a dream and a lot of her symbolism comes accross to me.  Or at least, the symbolism I picked up on, I'm sure there is a lot more, or that I've misinterpreted some.  but it does leave me with deep thoughts! way to go V.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #287 on: May 22, 2011, 10:02:11 am »
Cool bit of info. Thanks.

sabasaba

« Reply #288 on: May 22, 2011, 12:39:52 pm »
Cool bit of info. Thanks.

Martin, where did you get the lyrics from 'The Marching Line' that are under your sig?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #289 on: May 22, 2011, 12:41:22 pm »
Some guy on Twitter posted them. I think his name is Tristan Bolzden. :)

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 22, 2011, 12:41:56 pm »
posted yet?

Vanessa Carlton: "Carousel" is the only song I've ever written in a dream that sounded lovely the next morning. The origin of "Carousel" is a dream, hence the dreamscape of the visual. I worked with an inspiring group of artists with impeccable taste. We were careful with its visual symbolism. There is nothing meaningless about it and I hope that comes across. The song is hopeful and it grew out of a very dark place. I think this little film of "Carousel" represents the spectrum of the music and I hope it adds a little spark of something pure and inspiring to the mix out there.

How do you write a song in your sleep? I'd love to be that productive during my own resting hours. I barely remember dreams...

sabasaba

« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2011, 12:43:54 pm »
Some guy on Twitter posted them. I think his name is Tristan Bolzden. :)

Ah, cool! Thanks!

sabasaba

« Reply #292 on: May 22, 2011, 12:44:52 pm »
posted yet?

How do you write a song in your sleep? I'd love to be that productive during my own resting hours. I barely remember dreams...

Lol, my thoughts exactly. :P
Only Vanessa could pull off writing a song in her sleep.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: May 22, 2011, 01:30:06 pm »
posted yet?

that's exactly what I was going to say when I read that first comment, hehe.  There are times when I've had really vivid dreams that I remember very well (like this alien one...scary!) and then when I wake up I just keep going over and over it in my head so I don't forget then I record it in my dream journal.  I think people who do the dream journaling a lot, or a lot of writers even, keep notebooks by there bed for such inspirations and dreams.
~Sara~

jackoajl

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • NessaGagaHolic
    • MSN Messenger - omaralfonsoj@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 22, 2011, 02:40:01 pm »
Is not available for my country  :'(

Someone has the video or a link where I can see it?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:49:56 pm by jackoajl »
I'm walking A Thausand Miles

moonvalley138

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ritzbitz111397
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2011, 08:42:12 pm »
It is now available for purchase on itunes  ;D

http://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video/carousel/id438323036

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2011, 06:42:12 am »
posted yet?

that's exactly what I was going to say when I read that first comment, hehe.  There are times when I've had really vivid dreams that I remember very well (like this alien one...scary!) and then when I wake up I just keep going over and over it in my head so I don't forget then I record it in my dream journal.  I think people who do the dream journaling a lot, or a lot of writers even, keep notebooks by there bed for such inspirations and dreams.

I was wondering if she heard the whole thing in her dream, or maybe she had the piano music down already and dreamed the lyrics, or the other way around?  It would be an interesting question to ask her.
~Sara~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:27 am »
I am finally able to see the video on Vevo.  I guess they unblocked it.