Author Topic: 04/09/2011: Western New England College (review)  (Read 17459 times)

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 04/09/2011: Western New England College (review)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 08:45:43 pm »
Thankyou so much for bringing this back!  ;D this croud is very loud, makes me feel bad for Vanessa. And, is it just me or is she plugging her ear in the Get Good video? Haha

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 09:00:02 pm »
Yes, she is. Hahahahaha

And in Fair-Weather Friends, does anyone notice that she had a mistake on the first verse, saying "Did I ever leave Chicago?" instead of "You're in L.A., not Chicago." She didn't even bothered to repeat it from the top, unlike in her performance in the previous shows.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 01:07:38 am »
I can't wait to get home to watch all the videos!  This 12 hour shift is sooo slooowww tonight
~Sara~

Rekky

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 03:56:45 am »
Thanks for the videos, she sounds great. I love the intro of Carousel too but I think that is not in the album, she will only play it at the live shows.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 05:10:14 am »
Wow. She looks AMAZING in those vids! Thanks Nicole!

LOVE what she did with the Carousel intro... Never saw the similarities between the two songs!!! Even cuter was that pensive look she gives just before she began to sing "Learning to Fly".

Very mischievous?

Very cute!!!

On a side note, do you think her intro is actually off of the album? I mean is it gonna be there? Or was this just a crowd attention getter? Maybe I think this could be handled in the Carousel section of the forum!!!?

I wonder if she didn't have it planned. It almost looked like it just dawned on her to do it. On the other hand it does seem like maybe she was going to change her mind and not do it, then decided to just go ahead.  So cute.
Love the 'new' background vocals on Carousel, I wonder if that will be the children's choir on the record?
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:31 am »

LOVE what she did with the Carousel intro... Never saw the similarities between the two songs!!! Even cuter was that pensive look she gives just before she began to sing "Learning to Fly".

Very mischievous?

Very cute!!!

On a side note, do you think her intro is actually off of the album? I mean is it gonna be there? Or was this just a crowd attention getter? Maybe I think this could be handled in the Carousel section of the forum!!!?

I wonder if she didn't have it planned. It almost looked like it just dawned on her to do it. On the other hand it does seem like maybe she was going to change her mind and not do it, then decided to just go ahead.  So cute.
Love the 'new' background vocals on Carousel, I wonder if that will be the children's choir on the record?

That's what I thought too - that it was a snap decision to do Learning To Fly before Carousel. I am glad she took the risk and did it.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:59 am »
I love that she kept the part that Stevie originally sang, at 3.25. It's so beautiful and i think it makes a nice change, then just the verse again.

And Learning to Fly was a nice twist, her look before did seem that it was done on a whim and not planned.

Thanks for the recordings!

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:16 am »

Very mischievous?

Very cute!!!

That's what I thought too - that it was a snap decision to do Learning To Fly before Carousel. I am glad she took the risk and did it.
Even impromptu... That was so beautiful!!! I mean her voice has definitely matured. It was so... I can't find the word!!! I mean when she pulled on the flaaaaaayieeeeeyaaaaaaaaah... aaaaaaaahaaay ya know? It was like WOW! I wanna listen to her do a cover of this song!!!  ;-)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 08:29:52 am »
Learning To Fly was planned - she did it at soundcheck
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 08:46:31 am »
Something's telling me that's how the song's gonna start and if so that's gonna be a great ear catcher... ya know? Imagine listening to that song starting on the radio and it then becomes Carousel and just... WOW!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 10:28:23 am »
Something's telling me that's how the song's gonna start and if so that's gonna be a great ear catcher... ya know? Imagine listening to that song starting on the radio and it then becomes Carousel and just... WOW!

I don't want Carousel to start with it. It would make the song a mash-up of the two and Carousel wouldn't be Carousel.

Maybe include the mash-up in deluxe edition or the like?

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Re: 04/09/2011: Western New England College
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:50 am »
Oh yeah and she had Ari with her, and Mark is back! And he said tour in late June.
YAY! LATE JUNE!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Nicole!!!!!!! Thanks for the info! (and the videos)

And Mark is back? Awesome! I have to get him a beer sometime!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:52:31 am by Ghisy »
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 01:40:49 pm »
Yes mark is a total sweetheart and im glad he will be on her tour this summer! And i seriously doubt learning to fly is on the album. That would be kinda dumb.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

lydia

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »
I love how Vanessa did Learning to Fly.  I doubt it will be on the album, but I hope she does it again at her concerts.  Maybe we can get a clearer recording of it.  It was really pretty.  :)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 03:02:49 pm »
The "Learning to Fly" intro on "Carousel" is pretty dope. It reminded me of the cover Missy Higgins does of "Learning to Fly."

Thanks for the review and the videos.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...