Author Topic: new biography (Rabbits on the Run interview) from amazon.com  (Read 31432 times)

maag

Re: new biography (Rabbits on the Run interview) from amazon.com
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2011, 09:10:43 am »

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2011, 01:17:56 pm »
Thanks for all that info Dan, I don't know a thing about recording music!
I too may have to get a vinyl player.  I don't have any of the albums on vinyl but I think I would like to.  It is a completely different sound than cd or cassette.

Yes, thanks, Dan. I was confused by the analogue thing, and whether it was better than digital or worse. :)

It's all opinion.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  It's all what you prefer.  I prefer analog sound but love working in Pro Tools.  But, as I've said before, things like drums, bass, and acoustic piano sound awesome on a good analog rig, so I am VERY psyched.  

FWIW no less than Foo Fighters just did a whole album on tape.

I like the album cover!!

Dan/NS

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »
Thanks for all that info Dan, I don't know a thing about recording music!
I too may have to get a vinyl player.  I don't have any of the albums on vinyl but I think I would like to.  It is a completely different sound than cd or cassette.

Yes, thanks, Dan. I was confused by the analogue thing, and whether it was better than digital or worse. :)

It's all opinion.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  It's all what you prefer.  I prefer analog sound but love working in Pro Tools.  But, as I've said before, things like drums, bass, and acoustic piano sound awesome on a good analog rig, so I am VERY psyched.  

FWIW no less than Foo Fighters just did a whole album on tape.

I like the album cover!!

Dan/NS

The Foo Fighters album on tape? Thanks, I'll give it a listen.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 04:27:53 am »
“It was always going to be ten songs, no matter what—I wrote all of these songs for this album, I didn't pull from a bucket of tunes.”

It doesn't seem like there will be bonus tracks or a hidden track.  If they are bonus, they will be different recordings of the same songs on the album (pretty much what razor and tie had said via tweets)  Also pretty sure that BB and AIW will not be making their appearance any time soon.  Maybe one day she will do a compilation album of all unreleased songs.  I guess that is all we can hope for and maybe we should ask her if she would some time!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 05:25:51 am »
Razor and Tie also posted the bio.  When I saved it, it opened in microsoft word, the font on the header, which says "vanessa carlton" is called "calibri (body)" and it looks very similar to the album font.
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 05:37:00 am »
Razor and Tie also posted the bio.  When I saved it, it opened in microsoft word, the font on the header, which says "vanessa carlton" is called "calibri (body)" and it looks very similar to the album font.
Hum, the header is an image i think, at least in mine. And i checked Calibri and its not it, very diferent font. :)
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 07:49:06 am »
Hum, the header is an image i think, at least in mine. And i checked Calibri and its not it, very diferent font. :)

i copied the header image to the clipboard or what not.  Like I said, it was microsoft word, 2007 so it could be different from whatever you have. that was just my experience.
~Sara~

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 09:30:26 am »

i copied the header image to the clipboard or what not.  Like I said, it was microsoft word, 2007 so it could be different from whatever you have. that was just my experience.
I have the same. But what i meant was that it's an image, Word cannot tell you what font it is. Calibri is the default font on Word07, so that's probably what happened.

I'm wondering why did she/they use a "standard" font for the names and not use the awesome callygraphic texts we saw on the intro in the website (as in my sig). That has to be my only little complain about the cover. Would have loved it even more.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 10:02:06 am »

I have the same. But what i meant was that it's an image, Word cannot tell you what font it is. Calibri is the default font on Word07, so that's probably what happened.

I'm wondering why did she/they use a "standard" font for the names and not use the awesome callygraphic texts we saw on the intro in the website (as in my sig). That has to be my only little complain about the cover. Would have loved it even more.

ahh, I see what you are getting at.  Yes, I would have liked to see that as well.  Maybe there will be some on the inside!
~Sara~

Bruised

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 11:28:19 am »
When was the last time IDWTBAB was performed? Since there are "20 pages of lyrics", do you guys think she kept modifying it after she performed it live? Or is she the type of person to not play something live until it's 100% done? I have one version on my ipod, but I have no idea when it's from.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »
When was the last time IDWTBAB was performed? Since there are "20 pages of lyrics", do you guys think she kept modifying it after she performed it live? Or is she the type of person to not play something live until it's 100% done? I have one version on my ipod, but I have no idea when it's from.

I know I had one from feb 14.
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 12:33:15 pm »
She performed it at her last gig a few weeks back.

The lyrics have been pretty consistent aside from the odd word being changed about (e.g. "new" to "fresh", "golden ring" to "diamond ring").

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 12:39:40 pm »
so far we have 6 different live recordings of IDWTBAB.

the only differences are
the first recording she says "Got a new philosophy" instead of "Got a fresh philosophy"
a few times she switches the word "golden" for "diamond" in the line  "Don't need no golden ring"
a few times she says the word "love" after the line "Can we keep the ever after"
and of course a couple of the recordings don't feature backing vocals by Ari.
the first recording she sort of clapped along for the beginning of the song.
as time went by the kind of changed the way they sing the backing vocal part. example: in one of the recordings she adds an extra "you and me".

not very big differences.

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2011, 01:46:51 am »
Ahh I'm so late in commenting..but really, thank you for the article!! It was really great to get some insight into what V's being doing over the last years when we lost contact with her..V is the best <3

sabasaba

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 12:35:22 pm »
so far we have 6 different live recordings of IDWTBAB.

the only differences are
the first recording she says "Got a new philosophy" instead of "Got a fresh philosophy"
a few times she switches the word "golden" for "diamond" in the line  "Don't need no golden ring"
a few times she says the word "love" after the line "Can we keep the ever after"
and of course a couple of the recordings don't feature backing vocals by Ari.
the first recording she sort of clapped along for the beginning of the song.
as time went by the kind of changed the way they sing the backing vocal part. example: in one of the recordings she adds an extra "you and me".

not very big differences.

What are the six? I think I only have four.  :-\