Author Topic: An idea...  (Read 17615 times)

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
An idea...
« on: April 30, 2011, 08:26:42 am »
Ok, this might seem a bit of a stretch, but it would be great if it worked out since us folk here at NH here so good at sharing with each other  ;)
Basically I know a lot of us love listening to just Vanessa's piano melodies. I find myself going to youtube all the time and watching tutorials and covers just so that I can hear the wonderful piano instrumentals of her songs. Instead of that, I know a lot of us play piano and was wondering if anyone with a good microphone and a free afternoon would consider making some mp3s of some songs for us just to share within the community? I'd love to have them on my ipod. We could vote for our favourites and then every nessaholic would have this special little instrumental Vanessa EP.  :)

Does anyone else think this is a cool idea and i'm not just being crazy and selfish lol?

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
Re: An idea...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 09:12:44 am »
If you don't mind a couple of mess-ups, you can ask sobriquet for the mp3 to my vid of Carousel (?).
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:24:19 am »
If you don't mind a couple of mess-ups, you can ask sobriquet for the mp3 to my vid of Carousel (?).

Sure, I would post a link maybe tomorrow, if you don't mind? I'm off to bed now, just catching last peek, hoping that the video of Carousel is already up.

And Daaaaang..... I so want to join in this one..... But meh, I don't have any good recording device and my keyboard is not touch-response. It won't do any justice to any of her songs at all. But maybe if I would be able to sneak to school one of these days, I'ma ask my friend to video me.

And this is a really good idea, by the way. Very clever and sweet. Hm..... I guess we should just vote for the setlist of the "EP." It's going to be like the ICON album, only way better.

Here's my 'dream set list.'

1. Carousel
2. A Thousand Miles (Gotta Admit that this one's fun in piano)
3. London
4. HAT
5. Hands on Me
6. Nolita Fairytale
7. White Houses
8. Who's To Say (The Encore one with the guitar thingie I did. I am biased, I know  ;D)
9. Home
10. More Than This

I think we should come up first with the set list. We should all guys decide. Then we'll just divide the jobs among yourselves (I really want to use ourselves but I'm not still sure  :-\)

I'll stop now. This is too long. It got me excited.

EDIT: I also think that we should separate the lighter songs from the darker songs... So it will be like two-sided instrumental EP?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:26:03 am by [sobriquet] »

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:13 am »
I'm in! But I can't incorporate the melody line into the music like Patricius did with Carousel. Can I use the TruePianos VSTi?

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:21:02 am »
Let me do A Thousand Miles, Home, and Hands on Me, please! C: I know White Houses too if we need it. And Fairweather Friends, but I have to learn the real sheet music for it first.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 10:37:51 am »
Aw wow guys, great reaction!  :D I like the idea of it being an alternative to the sham that was "Icon". We should make a poll or something, people's favourite songs on piano may be different to on the records. I personally love the playing on White houses, Annie, HAWBTW, Home, Fair weather friends and Carousel to name a few because they flow really well. Hope this gets off the ground!

That'd be great! The sound quality on your vid is really good :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:00:31 am by TRINIST »

Jasonm

• A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 10:49:34 am »
I think this is a great idea! :)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 11:11:34 am »
I love this, its an awesome idea :)

I dont play piano or any instrument tbh so i cant colaborate...but i will gladly vote :D Hope this project comes to life :DD
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

prfectbinature

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 11:21:27 am »
I can play quite a few Nessa songs on the piano and have decent recording capabilities. I'd love to be a part of this.

Pushglow

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 11:37:54 am »
Just a quick test with Carousel. I don't know why but my software (ACID Music Studio) didn't record all the midi notes though I didn't miss anything on my keyboard :-\

http://soundcloud.com/jeremy714/carousel-piano-part-wip
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:39:26 am by jérémy »

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 12:12:24 pm »
I'll set up some polls now! That way we'll get everyone's favorites from each album.

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 12:51:35 pm »
I love this, its an awesome idea :)

I dont play piano or any instrument tbh so i cant colaborate...but i will gladly vote :D Hope this project comes to life :DD
Same here but I am excited for this idea!

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 01:49:29 pm »
If anyone needs piano or violin for their songs, let me know! O: We can collaborate or whatnot.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »
Glad everyone is getting so into this! I just voted, thanks Serentic for making them! I love the carousel mp3 above, great quality! I just wish I could help with the actual music lol :(

Patricius

• Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 06:24:42 pm »

1. Carousel
2. A Thousand Miles (Gotta Admit that this one's fun in piano)
3. London
4. HAT
5. Hands on Me
6. Nolita Fairytale
7. White Houses
8. Who's To Say (The Encore one with the guitar thingie I did. I am biased, I know  ;D)
9. Home
10. More Than This

I think we should come up first with the set list. We should all guys decide. Then we'll just divide the jobs among yourselves (I really want to use ourselves but I'm not still sure  :-\)

I'll stop now. This is too long. It got me excited.

I also think that we should separate the lighter songs from the darker songs... So it will be like two-sided instrumental EP?

Since ATM, Home, and Hands on Me is covered (and possibly White Houses), I could do London and H&T.  I'd do Nolita Fairytale and Who's to Say, but I can't incorporate the melody in those. .-.

If we're splitting up lighter songs from darker songs, I so call Papa. :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:26:23 pm by Patricius »
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."