Author Topic: An idea...  (Read 17660 times)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: An idea...
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:52 pm »
Hey, TRINIST. I just had a thought.

Since, there are had been a whole lot of response to your idea, I think that maybe many people are more interested to take part on this wonderful idea of yours than what you have originally planned.

I think we should just make an instrumental for all song. I mean, if we gonna do something like this, then we should do it all the way. What is there to lose, right? We should think bigger.

And maybe it would take longer than what we anticipate, but I think the result will be phenomenal.

And maybe we can give V a copy of all of them? As a gift for the 9th anniv of BNN?

I agree with most of this-- however, all of V's songs has just reached about 50, and that's a lot of songs to master, play, practice, record, and edit.

Although I'd love to do it and give V a copy! We should give it to her on a signed vinyl! <3

I think we're gonna make it, you know. There's a LOT of us. Be positive. (: Ad maybe there is 50 or so songs, but I'm sure we can get some help from there. Besides, we still have a year before 10th anniversary of BNN.

.. I'm going to go work on the cover art! /dash

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34:00 pm »
Hey, TRINIST. I just had a thought.

Since, there are had been a whole lot of response to your idea, I think that maybe many people are more interested to take part on this wonderful idea of yours than what you have originally planned.

I think we should just make an instrumental for all song. I mean, if we gonna do something like this, then we should do it all the way. What is there to lose, right? We should think bigger.

And maybe it would take longer than what we anticipate, but I think the result will be phenomenal.

And maybe we can give V a copy of all of them? As a gift for the 9th anniv of BNN?

I agree with most of this-- however, all of V's songs has just reached about 50, and that's a lot of songs to master, play, practice, record, and edit.

Although I'd love to do it and give V a copy! We should give it to her on a signed vinyl! <3

I think we're gonna make it, you know. There's a LOT of us. Be positive. (: Ad maybe there is 50 or so songs, but I'm sure we can get some help from there. Besides, we still have a year before 10th anniversary of BNN.

.. I'm going to go work on the cover art! /dash

Is that a yes?

And yes, the artwork! (:

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:44 am »
I love the idea and I happy to see you all very excited about it! Unfortunately I cannot help in any way besides lending my ears to listen!  I definitely think V should get a copy when it's all done. What a tribute that would be. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
~Sara~

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 07:06:08 am »
I would love to do Wanted. Is it only instrumental?
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 07:11:01 am »

I guess, but how would  wedo it? I do not about everyone else but all I can do is connect my keyboard to my computer and record stuff also with the camera! hahaha  ;D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:36:22 am by Manuel »

Serentic

• AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:30 am »

I guess, but how would  wedo it? I do not about everyone else but all I can do is connect my keyboard to my computer and record stuff also with the camera! hahaha  ;D

Better than me.. All my recordings are live because I don't have a MIDI keyboard. They come out a good quality, but it'd be nice to have it spot on. xD;

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »
There's this YouTube user who posts almost every Vanessa song. Maybe we can ask him to help us out?

Here's the link to his profile:
http://www.youtube.com/user/cA3saR0123

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 01:48:52 am »
I'd help out, but I don't have any software to make the recording sound half decent and the port in which I plug my sustain pedal in my keyboard is broke. Haven't played on my keyboard in agesss and I feel like I'm forgetting everything I've learned, lol.

Good luck with the project though, guys. I'll be interested to hear the final outcome.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 05:50:08 am »
There's this YouTube user who posts almost every Vanessa song. Maybe we can ask him to help us out?

He has ALMOST every song!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:51 am »

I know. (: And I think he uses some of the transcriptions we made here. (: He would cover like 50% of everything. That is, if he agrees to join us.

But the only issue I have is that, in some of the songs, he uses the actual songs as a background music. I wish he'd redo those that have the underlying music so that it would be a completely instrumental work. And another thing is that he doesn't use the melody in his right hand, so it is like a minus one of the songs.

But he is good. Really good.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 06:00:52 am »

I know. (: And I think he uses some of the transcriptions we made here. (: He would cover like 50% of everything. That is, if he agrees to join us.

But the only issue I have is that, in some of the songs, he uses the actual songs as a background music. I wish he'd redo those that have the underlying music so that it would be a completely instrumental work. And another thing is that he doesn't use the melody in his right hand, so it is like a minus one of the songs.

But he is good. Really good.

but then we dont have too much to do  :-\

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2011, 02:08:51 pm »

The only thing I don't like is the tone of the keyboard. :X I'm an upright/grand piano sort of person (Kyle Landry being an exception...).

Besides, we get to be more involved (?). .-.

As promised, I'm contribootin':

Carousel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KW1UZ8K1
London: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R3S3P4FL

They're mp3's of my piano covers (go figure, right? .-. I'm so tech savvy...).  I hope they're adequate enough.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 07:59:27 am »
Sorry I haven't checked in on this thread for a while! I don't see a problem with doing as many songs as possible. I definitely think with songs like white houses and who's to say, though, that we should record the live versions with the lovely intros. I'm so thankful to everyone who has expressed interest and submitted recordings so far! I can help with the artwork too. I dunno how we should get it all organised? Maybe people just record what they want and post it here? If people want to help each other out with recording/mixing etc. and advice that's great.

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 04:51:21 pm »

Rick

• building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 12:43:18 am »
If anyone here listens to Kimya Dawson, the folks over at her messageboard did something similar to this except they all contributed in creating a cover album for Kimya's songs. I think we should do something similar to that, it'd be really fun and it'd possibly bring us all closer. Plus we'd be able to share our gifts with each other. I'd suuuuper be willing to help organize it or anything. Lemme know what you guys think.