Author Topic: Hands On Me video  (Read 7714 times)

JamesCrowley

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hands On Me video
« on: May 21, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »
After loving vanessa for so long, i was shocked to discover that i'd never seen her video for hands on me. It's a song I've loved ever since i first heard it on H&T so i thought i had to see the video. I was surprised to see that it showed her undressing, not in like an "OMG NUDITY!?" way because a) it wasn't even nudity and b) So what if it was? it's just a bit of flesh and the song lends itself to that sort of imagery. But i was surprised that she would be bold enough to put that sort of thing in after all the public outrage that followed white houses. Just wondering if the press had a go at her for it? Thanks guys :)

AlexanderLaska

Re: Hands On Me video
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:55:36 am »
Don't take my word for it, but I think by the time "Hands on Me" was released as a single, the album was such a flop that nobody even bothered to review that video  :-X  Also by now she's no longer the artist little girls look up to, so the problem with White Houses (which I assume was the bridge about her losing her virginity) doesn't really apply anymore.

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:13:21 am »
I've actually heard hands on me on the radio more than any other song by V besides a thousand miles. it was kind of refreshing : ). But ya not a fan of the video, super low budget...and there weren't any seas and mountains hahaha.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 09:07:48 am »
Don't take my word for it, but I think by the time "Hands on Me" was released as a single, the album was such a flop that nobody even bothered to review that video  :-X  Also by now she's no longer the artist little girls look up to, so the problem with White Houses (which I assume was the bridge about her losing her virginity) doesn't really apply anymore.

Not trying to put you down, but I'm sure you meant "commercial flop".

It's understandable. :P
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:01 am »
Flop, commercial flop - It's all the same. That album didn't even sell wood, nevermind gold or platinum sales.

But I think that was her most critically acclaimed album so it's all good. I enjoyed it a lot, too. There's some wonderful tracks on there.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 11:52:22 am »

Ah i thought that was probably what it was. I suppose she'd been quiet for so long that people just forgot about it! it's a shame really it's one of my favourites from Heroes and Thieves. I guess I was just surprised that she'd risk it again haha :)

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 11:54:30 am »
I've actually heard hands on me on the radio more than any other song by V besides a thousand miles. it was kind of refreshing : ). But ya not a fan of the video, super low budget...and there weren't any seas and mountains hahaha.

Yeah i agree- i thought the video could've been more inspiring considering the content of the song. Why not have beautiful imagery of stars or the Dalai Lama? something a little bit different! Oh well, it doesn't detract from the song i suppose.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:33:55 pm »
love that appears ordinary can feel extraordinary, be extraordinary to the person in love.
formerly fish_for__stars.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:27:59 pm »
love that appears ordinary can feel extraordinary, be extraordinary to the person in love.

very nice sentiment :)  I like the video! I've only seen it a handful of times because I don't usually watch musical videos on TV and I don't think to watch them on the internet.  But I'm sure there is some deep powerful imagery in there just as there is in Carousel and Nolita fairytale
~Sara~

mysticalmists

• Make me high on lullabies
  • LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 08:23:59 pm »
I was a bit taken back at the bit where she goes a little nude too xD But it's still a great video - my fave bit is when all the people put their hands on each other, perfectly timed with the lyrics at that point too!

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 06:43:26 am »
I think the only part that makes this video VERY low budget is the bridge, where she  is going round and round with the camara.  mhmmm the quality looks so look! I look like something I could record with my phone :-( other than that, the video is BEAUTIFUL! I love ending, and the part where they walk away is so sad :(

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 05:50:31 am »
I've been very into making ghetto little animated gifs lately, and I got this idea.

if anyone wants to point me in the direction to download the hands on me video without the yahoo mark, please do.

but here's a bit of the scene near the end..

edited to show same sex couples ONLY. (no Vanessa though =P)

feel free to share and use whereever :)

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 06:10:30 am »
Nice. There was this one user on Tumblr that made a similar gif, this.

In like one hour, it got like 25.000 notes tumblr. thats a fucking lot. The original post it has like 65k notes now.

As for the watermark, why dont u download the video from youtube or something? :3 I havent look but i bet the video is uploaded in the essentials thread.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:12:17 am by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »
that is lovely!

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 07:52:52 pm »
Wow... beautiful gif. :) Btw... haha..... I don't think the video was meant to cause controversy. in fact, I don't think V has ever done anything to deliberately cause controversy. But yes, the video was a little more risque, but so what? I think it's beautiful. And i kind of like the simplicity of it all. It's nice. Not overdone with like ten different scenes. Sometimes music videos are too much. :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)