Author Topic: Rabbits on the Run Sheet Music Book Coming this (edit) September  (Read 26757 times)

maira

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - maira713
    • View Profile
Re: Rabbits on the Run Sheet Music Book Coming in July
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »
yay! can't wait!!

initially_yours

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • My official site
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »
Just checked amazon.ca and it says the release date for the book is now Sept. 1st.  Sounds possible.  I checked a few other sites but they all still say July 1st.

http://www.amazon.ca/Vanessa-Carlton-Rabbit-Run/dp/1458405400/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306701350&sr=8-1
Musician, filmmaker, writer: http://www.theaaronchan.com

bumblebee429

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 11:17:19 pm »
I was just emailed by amazon to update me that my pre-order is estimated to be shipped on 1st September.

Sarah xx

reveng_desire

• MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 07:44:37 pm »
That feels so far away!
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

Byoungforever

• All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Re: Rabbits on the Run Sheet Music Book Coming this (edit) September
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 07:16:37 pm »
I'll just buy or preorder when the release date is closer... but I really want the transcriptions! I'm having hard time transcribing Marching Line... lol :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2011, 02:40:29 am »
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I posted a message on Skye Steele's facebook page telling him he should transcribe the violin parts for us violinst (I'm sure I'm not the only one..) who want to play along.  He never answered me on facebook but then at the Utica show 10/24/11 he recognized me and said he was working on it and that he would send them to me when he's done!!  I'm sure he is really busy -- touring with V, touring a bit with his own band, and he was also recently married, so I'm sure he has got a lot of balls in the air.  I still think it's really exciting and when I get it I will be sure to share with those who would like it,.

(I dont' know if this is in the right topic..)
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2011, 06:08:46 am »
That's great news, I think Skye is really cool, and he sent me a lovely reply to my email that i sent through his site. Please post them up when you get them, because I would really appreciate them.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2011, 04:34:54 pm »
He is very nice! I plan on starting a new thread for his band when I get my videos uploaded (it's taking me 30min to an hour depending on how long the video is, and this is my busy work week so I haven't had time to do them all at one time!)
~Sara~

Ships On Gray Seas

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Me on facebook
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 12:25:49 pm »
I just got my piano book today and I'm soo disappointed! :( Is the right hand really just playing the singing voice?? Seems as if, from what I've seen so far.

Patricius

• Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »
Judging from what's previewed for the Carousel sheet music, I think it has the melody in with the piano bit.
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 11:42:49 pm »
I bought the songbook when it was released (which is a long time ago :P) and started playing Fair wethered Friends which I think sounds great! I moved on to The Marching Line that I used to play with C. Benitez's sheets and I found out the songbook version is way more complicated! I was wondering if they (Vanessa and the guy who helped her transcribe) tried to make the songs more difficult (since TML is pretty basic at least I thought it was?). Can somebody please tell me which versions i should play to get the notes like V plays them on the record :) I'm not that good at reading musics so it usually takes me a few hours of practice before I get the song right, don't wanna waste it if I can play an easiest version that will actually be closer to what V does. Thanks! :D

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:00 am »
I bought the songbook when it was released (which is a long time ago :P) and started playing Fair wethered Friends which I think sounds great! I moved on to The Marching Line that I used to play with C. Benitez's sheets and I found out the songbook version is way more complicated! I was wondering if they (Vanessa and the guy who helped her transcribe) tried to make the songs more difficult (since TML is pretty basic at least I thought it was?). Can somebody please tell me which versions i should play to get the notes like V plays them on the record :) I'm not that good at reading musics so it usually takes me a few hours of practice before I get the song right, don't wanna waste it if I can play an easiest version that will actually be closer to what V does. Thanks! :D

Hello!

I haven't seen the songbook version of TML, since I live from far and buying one and importing it would be quite expensive (tragic, I know). But from what I usually see in official songbooks, most of the transcription incorporate the melody in the right hand, which is unfaithful to how the artist do it.

On the other hand, I do the sheet music based on how I hear V plays it either in record or live. It would be biased for me to say to pick my sheets, although basing from what you wrote, I think I got the simpler transcription which would help you to understand the basic concepts in playing the song. ;)

But playing the songbook version is also fun! If you managed to learn the basic patterns from my sheet, maybe you could add a little twist to what you have learned by trying to read the one in the songbook too :D

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 07:17:15 am »
Hey he is you, I mean you are him :P Sorry, I forgot your nessaholics username. Gonna take that opportunity to tell you how incredible you are. I play all V songs with your sheets and they're all incredible! I play the whole Harmonium songs everyday. No kidding! I just bought that last songbook (since I knew V did it i thought it would be accurate). If you want to I can email you the TML official sheets. I have a bad ear and can't tell what sounds more like the CD.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 04:22:16 am »
Hey he is you, I mean you are him :P Sorry, I forgot your nessaholics username. Gonna take that opportunity to tell you how incredible you are. I play all V songs with your sheets and they're all incredible! I play the whole Harmonium songs everyday. No kidding! I just bought that last songbook (since I knew V did it i thought it would be accurate). If you want to I can email you the TML official sheets. I have a bad ear and can't tell what sounds more like the CD.

Thanks! That means a lot to me. It makes me feel that all the hours I spent on working on those sheets were not in vain. :D Again, thanks for the appreciation.

And yes, I'd love to receive the TML sheets. Maybe you can just send me a link to download?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 11:35:03 pm »
PM'd you a link to the sheets! ;)