Author Topic: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11  (Read 102302 times)

mkissack

Re: All Things "Rabbits on the Run" Part 2 New Release Date 07.26.11
« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2011, 10:56:08 am »
No, I personally would hate this :( the physical should just be the 10 studio songs, the record.

I totally agree with this. I don't like deluxe editions unless new studio songs are included. I haven't even really listened to the acoustic versions yet.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 05, 2011, 01:14:39 pm »
I hope the bonus tracks WILL BE on the cd or a special edition so we can have them in high quality and not just in compressed digital format.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2011, 03:01:05 pm »
I hope the bonus tracks WILL BE on the cd or a special edition so we can have them in high quality and not just in compressed digital format.

I second this, I also want When In Rome & Dance Tonight.... If they exist of course ;)

One question: does the cd ripped to itunes or the itunes download have better quality?

mkissack

« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2011, 03:03:04 pm »

I second this, I also want When In Rome & Dance Tonight.... If they exist of course ;)

One question: does the cd ripped to itunes or the itunes download have better quality?

CD rips are definitely better quality. :)

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »
I definitely won't be buying the bonus acoustic versions - she sounds like a child in them.  I think she's going for the Regina Spektor, young and innocent voice thing, and it just doesn't work for her.  I like it when her voice is stronger and more assertive, a la "This Time."

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2011, 01:43:23 pm »
http://www.razorandtie.com/news/vanessa-carlton-rabbits-on-run-release-date-changed-to-july-26th

The new release date for Vanessa Carlton’s upcoming album Rabbits on the Run is now July 26th.  Vanessa will hit the road in June to preview the album nationwide and perform three sold-out shows at Joe’s Pub in New York City (tour dates below).

thats all it says about the changed date matter.

ps: oh, and they have carousel to download for free.  :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:51:01 pm by Weisz »
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 08, 2011, 07:24:43 pm »
they just FINALLY updated the release date on vanessacarlton.com lol

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 08, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »

CD rips are definitely better quality. :)

You can also, via iTunes preferences, adjust the quality of the CD rip.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »
Stirringly soulful singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton is prepping the release of her fourth studio album, Rabbits On The Run on July 26, and already we cannot tear ourselves away from her new video, "Carousel," in which she wanders around the woods in a variety of bohemian outfits that we very much covet. (Girlfriend can pull off a fedora!) The video was directed by Jake Davis, who's also worked with My Chemical Romance, and although it's decidedly less ornate than his work for the grandiose pop-rockers, his hands shines through in the gorgeous shots and lush colors.

"Carousel" has an undeniably comforting folk feel to it (think Regina Spektor or Feist), with a touch of Billy Joel in the piano part (can't be mad at that) and a hauntingly layered chorus. "Carousel" was produced by Steve Osborne, who's worked with U2 and The B-52s, and was recorded at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios, which only gives Vanessa additional classic rock cred."Love comes back around again, it's a carousel, my friend," sings Vanessa, in a voice soothing enough to make broken-hearted kids everywhere believe it.

Source: MTV's Buzzworthy Obsession [http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/06/09/vanessa-carlton-carousel-video/]

It's positive.

Me likey.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 09, 2011, 08:32:43 pm »
Stirringly soulful singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton is prepping the release of her fourth studio album, Rabbits On The Run on July 26, and already we cannot tear ourselves away from her new video, "Carousel," in which she wanders around the woods in a variety of bohemian outfits that we very much covet. (Girlfriend can pull off a fedora!) The video was directed by Jake Davis, who's also worked with My Chemical Romance, and although it's decidedly less ornate than his work for the grandiose pop-rockers, his hands shines through in the gorgeous shots and lush colors.

"Carousel" has an undeniably comforting folk feel to it (think Regina Spektor or Feist), with a touch of Billy Joel in the piano part (can't be mad at that) and a hauntingly layered chorus. "Carousel" was produced by Steve Osborne, who's worked with U2 and The B-52s, and was recorded at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios, which only gives Vanessa additional classic rock cred."Love comes back around again, it's a carousel, my friend," sings Vanessa, in a voice soothing enough to make broken-hearted kids everywhere believe it.

Source: MTV's Buzzworthy Obsession [http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/06/09/vanessa-carlton-carousel-video/]

It's positive.

Me likey.

Does this mean that the video would be shown in MTV?  ::)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2011, 03:10:03 pm »
Hey, did anyone else notice the album is back up for preorder on iTunes???  Did I miss everyone freaking out in excitement already? XD

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2011, 04:32:53 pm »
Hey, did anyone else notice the album is back up for preorder on iTunes???  Did I miss everyone freaking out in excitement already? XD

OOh thanks for pointing this out. I kept checking iTunes every few days. Time to run like a rabbit and pre-order my electronic copy! (I already pre-ordered the CD on Amazon)
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Nessaholista

« Reply #343 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:38 am »
Digital booklet... what's that???

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 15, 2011, 02:39:23 am »
Digital booklet... what's that???

a booklet, like the ones you get in the physical cd, probably in pdf and different tho.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the