Author Topic: UK Tour?  (Read 12153 times)

JamesCrowley

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
UK Tour?
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:16:04 pm »
Does anyone know if Vanessa is planning on promoting in the UK? She hasn't come here in so long and I was too young when she last came so i still haven't had the chance of seeing her play I just thought that seeing as she named one of her songs after the capital, maybe she would come to do some gigs! I hope so :)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: UK Tour?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »
It's a possibility.

amelancholymelodie

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - thomas_schoeberl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:18:50 pm »
uk-tour would be amazing...
so it would be also possible for me to see her live, because london is not that far from germany but a flight to the usa is too expensive....
let's hope she will do some concerts in london

Jasonm

• Make me high on lullabies
  • A boy of summer gives his first kiss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:50 pm »
I am praying for a Uk tour or at least a show here!! :) Please Vanessa!

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:14 pm »
Vanessa should perform a few tracks on Jools Holland's show. And maybe a few others. And then play a couple gigs.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 12:28:34 pm »
Vanessa should perform a few tracks on Jools Holland's show. And maybe a few others. And then play a couple gigs.

Yeah, later with Jools Holland is the right sort of show for her to play. It's credible and gives her some Kudos. I REALLY hope she plays a couple of gigs in London (I'd see them all.)

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 12:33:10 pm »
PLEASE a UK show!! life = complete. And Jools Holland would definitely be a good platform for her.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 12:34:58 pm »
Jools Holland would be amazing. Quite a few artists launched their careers from his show. And if Vanessa played a few shows (and even maybe got Stevie to perform) I'm sure she'd get a few people interested.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:41 pm »
Jools Holland would be amazing. Quite a few artists launched their careers from his show. And if Vanessa played a few shows (and even maybe got Stevie to perform) I'm sure she'd get a few people interested.

Yeah Jools Holland would give her a lot of publicity which is good, but i'm being selfish in that i don't want everyone to know her. I like her to be the music which no-one knows about! but yeah it'd be great for her as an artist :)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »
I don't mean to be a party pooper but I doubt she will come to Europe. The only tour she ever did here was for BnN and that was back in 2003. Unless Razor & Tie has super secret plans for promoting ROTR in Europe, I wouldn't hold my breath for an actual tour here. I think the best we're gonna get is a digital/physical release of ROTR.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if she came back here again but yeah...
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:43 pm »
Yeah i know :( I doubt she will tbh, but I can always hope. It would be the best gig i ever go to though (and i've seen some pretty awesome people). I wish the website was more useful. It doesn't really say much. I've been checking regularly hoping to see a UK tour date come up!

beautyofspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 03:04:28 pm »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London. Personally I think I would be pissed off if she doesn't.

mikepepsi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »
I think a London show would be enough for the UK. She played Edinburgh once too, i think those are cities that would embrace her and her music.

I've been waiting on baited breath re: a London show. I work for a tv show in London now and i'd love to try and get her on it even if that's not an area i specifically control!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:37 pm »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London. Personally I think I would be pissed off if she doesn't.

YES! She loves London, I'm sure she will try to get out there.  Didn't razor and tie say international stuff was in the works?
~Sara~

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

YES! She loves London, I'm sure she will try to get out there.  Didn't razor and tie say international stuff was in the works?

And if you are reading Vanessa, Dublin is only a short 50 minute flight away, some great small music venues in the city  ;)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you