Author Topic: UK Tour?  (Read 12157 times)

sabasaba

Re: UK Tour?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 05:44:18 pm »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London.

True. A London show ought to be planned. I'm actually surprised she didn't have any small gigs while she was there recording. It would've created some buzz for the album, especially seeing as how it contains so many English elements.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:08:05 am by Saba »

beautyofspeed

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 11:22:00 pm »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London.

True. A 'London' show ought to be planned. I'm actually surprised she didn't have any small gigs while she was there recording. It would've created some buzz for the album, especially seeing as how it contains so many English elements.

Yeah, she doesn't need to really promote, just stick it on twitter/facebook and it'll sell out easily. Also, I think she'd do well from promoting the album here. I think her style of music would do much better over here. I mean, our biggest star is Adele and America has Lady Gaga (who I love). I just think Brits are less into pop and are more into her kind of music. Plus it's really easy to reach loads of people. When BNN was out I don't remember seeing lots of TV interviews but she had a TV advert and was on the radio a lot. We don't have many big stations or channels, so it reaches many people without having to spread promo around.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 01:22:25 am »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London. Personally I think I would be pissed off if she doesn't.

YES! She loves London, I'm sure she will try to get out there.  Didn't razor and tie say international stuff was in the works?

Ahhh! that's so good. I need to see her live! but I really don't want to get my excitement up because if she doesn't it'll be even worse. Where/when did Razor + Tie say that?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 01:28:23 am »

True. A 'London' show ought to be planned. I'm actually surprised she didn't have any small gigs while she was there recording. It would've created some buzz for the album, especially seeing as how it contains so many English elements.

Yeah, she doesn't need to really promote, just stick it on twitter/facebook and it'll sell out easily. Also, I think she'd do well from promoting the album here. I think her style of music would do much better over here. I mean, our biggest star is Adele and America has Lady Gaga (who I love). I just think Brits are less into pop and are more into her kind of music. Plus it's really easy to reach loads of people. When BNN was out I don't remember seeing lots of TV interviews but she had a TV advert and was on the radio a lot. We don't have many big stations or channels, so it reaches many people without having to spread promo around.

If only everywhere is like that.

Well, actually, I like stuffs from artists from U.K. Adele, Keane. Those sorts.  And Vanessa, i think, fit well into their taste.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 02:05:41 am »
Yeah i agree, she has the sort of eclectic vibe that we like. Sort of like Imogen Heap or Florence and the machine but more talented!

Rekky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2011, 03:05:51 am »
I know that I have a few chances to see her live and if she goes to London then that will be one of them. More than an UK Tour I want an European tour, even if I can only see her once I'll be the happiest man in the world.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2011, 04:25:26 am »
YES! She loves London, I'm sure she will try to get out there.  Didn't razor and tie say international stuff was in the works?

The international stuff was the release of the album digitally and physically. There hasn't been any mention of an overseas tour so far.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 07:48:39 am »
Im sure she's gonna do a show in UK. I think that's almost mandatory because the album has such a strong bound to England.
Or so I tell myself beacuse im desperate to see her live only once in my life. I've been a fan since 2002 and I feel like it's my turn to see her in concert now.
And i will travel to any city in europe to do so  :P

Im so jealous for all of you in USA... :P

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 08:39:36 am »
Im sure she's gonna do a show in UK. I think that's almost mandatory because the album has such a strong bound to England.
Or so I tell myself beacuse im desperate to see her live only once in my life. I've been a fan since 2002 and I feel like it's my turn to see her in concert now.
And i will travel to any city in europe to do so  :P

Im so jealous for all of you in USA... :P

I admire your optimism! ;) but I do really REALLY hope that she does come. I could die a happy man if I get to see FWF and get good live. *drools at the thought*. I find it refreshing that an artist has done an album which is so closely linked to our cute little country. Nice to be recognised, ya know?

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2011, 12:05:56 pm »
I think it would be really rude not to seeing as she recorded here, used an English choir and has a song called London. Personally I think I would be pissed off if she doesn't.

YES! She loves London, I'm sure she will try to get out there.  Didn't razor and tie say international stuff was in the works?

Ahhh! that's so good. I need to see her live! but I really don't want to get my excitement up because if she doesn't it'll be even worse. Where/when did Razor + Tie say that?

between razor and tie and VcarltonIndo on twitter
~Sara~

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 09:41:34 am »
Ah thanks, i'll check them out! Where would be your guys' ideal venue for her to perform? i'd love somewhere small like Shepherd's Bush. Or even cosier- the tabernacle :D

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23:41 am »
She played at the Shepherd's Bush back in '03 when she came to Europe. I was there! :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

JamesCrowley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 10:29:15 am »
She played at the Shepherd's Bush back in '03 when she came to Europe. I was there! :)

Ah lucky! i love it as a venue, i think it's great for gigs. good atmosphere! I REALLY want her to come back :(

mikepepsi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:26 pm »
Shep Bush is too big. Somewhere intimate in London Bridge, East London or Camden would be cool.

Shep Bush is for hundreds of people.

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »
jeez, I was 12 when I saw her in Manchester. I'm 20 now! This time around would be completely different. I doubt she'd apologise to me for swearing this time. Shame :/