Author Topic: "Dear California" the next single?  (Read 22285 times)

AlexanderLaska

Re: "Dear California" the next single?
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2011, 04:10:49 am »
Lady Gaga came out with a couple of promotional singles just before her new album came out - one of them ("Edge of Glory") turned into an actual single, and one of them didn't; they were just available on iTunes and YouTube to get people excited for the new album.  It's possible that that's what Vanessa's team is doing, using "Dear California" to get people excited for the new album.  However, my guess is that, regardless of what's happening right now with it, it WILL be the next single.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 06:33:12 am »
It's definitely a contender for a single (along with Bride in my opinion).  I just point out that nothing is official.  Just like people thought that Dance Tonight and the other song, were on the CD and they are not.  (but that didn't come from the label I know) but it was never officially announced or on any official list.  I have learned not to assume 
~Sara~

Rick

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • building up falling apart—
    • AOL Instant Messenger - j3llyb0nes
    • View Profile
    • blog
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 03:39:21 pm »
Well it turns out that V was shooting a video while playing pianos all over NYC.

http://www.papermag.com/2011/07/june_22_vienna_va_today.php

The song was "Bride." Could that possibly be the next single?

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2011, 03:50:57 pm »
Well it turns out that V was shooting a video while playing pianos all over NYC.

I'm guessing the video is just for promotional purposes... but it still sounds really lovely! ANd i love how there just happened to be a children's choir. I'm sure it happened just as she described it.... :P
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:01 pm »

I'm guessing the video is just for promotional purposes... but it still sounds really lovely! ANd i love how there just happened to be a children's choir. I'm sure it happened just as she described it.... :P

there is confirmation from V on what was going on there, like Byoung said.  I don't think there is a video being shot ..wasn't she already in California when that rumor surfaced?
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2011, 03:29:03 am »
I think Bride's gonna be the next single. But still, I prefer it to be the third one.

I dunno why, but I don't think that it is the video for Bride. I mean, the lavender part must be more.... epic.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:51 am »
No, that is not for a music video.  It's from the diary thing they posted and she said she was playing a piano in Central Park
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2011, 04:50:00 am »
Didn't she say she was playing in Central Park (and other places) FOR a video shoot though? ??? Playing "Bride" and that's where she conveniently found the choir?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:02 am »
Didn't she say she was playing in Central Park (and other places) FOR a video shoot though? ??? Playing "Bride" and that's where she conveniently found the choir?

That's what I read too...

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:01 am »

Yeah. They definitely shot a video (as confirmed by Vanessa) and I'm guessing it was for "Bride" because that girl said a few of her friends were in it. I'm guessing her friends are part of the choir...

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:54 am »

Yeah. They definitely shot a video (as confirmed by Vanessa) and I'm guessing it was for "Bride" because that girl said a few of her friends were in it. I'm guessing her friends are part of the choir...

i guess i miss read then
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2011, 05:05:02 am »
"they propose a shoot of me playing pianos on the street around the city "  (to me, not necessarily a music video shoot)
"I've been playing "I Don't Want To Be a Bride" for our little video shoot all day"  (still, not a music video.  Could be promotional, could be bonus content, could be part of a "pleased to meet you" part two)
"As luck would have it a 42-piece children's choir was singing" --hence, no planned choir, hence, no storyboard for a musical video as I am assuming there is some sort of planned concepts for a musical video/vision.

To me, this doesn't seem like a musical video shoot, just a video shoot for other purposes.  I could be WAY off, I don't presume to be the authority on anything, these are just my thoughts.  I'm very doubtful on the rumors of a video shoot, even though friends of friends have said they are in the video -- I mean, I could tell you my friend Elizabeth has a friend named Windy who has a race car that was in a commercial.  And while those people I've named are very real people, you're taking it from me that what I say is true (is it?).
Last time, when the Carousel video was being shot there were things going around Twitter from the people actually DOING the shoot, like the camera man and the person doing the editing.  We have none of that, just one rumor.
~Sara~

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2011, 05:11:19 am »
Yeah, but the girl posted on the same day of the video shoot saying her friends were in the video with Vanessa. And another dude posted on the same day of the shoot saying they were going to be down there with Vanessa, and when no one knew where it was, he posted a few hours later saying he was at Central Park with Vanessa, so...

They're obviously not official sources, but they're fairly reliable. Everything they tweeted - albeit not much - was true.

I do agree that it might not be a proper music video though, like "Carousel" or "Nolita Fairytale" or whatever. Regina Spektor did a few vidoes that were just made for the internet with her last album. "Eet" (which I think later got released) and "Dance Anthem of the 80s" were both promo vids shot with the intention of promoting the album a bit more online. Maybe Vanessa's doing that?

I know she's on a budget, but even THAT sounds a bit cheap for a music video - especially to a huge song like "I Don't Want To Be A Bride".

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2011, 05:15:00 am »
Yeah, but the girl posted on the same day of the video shoot saying her friends were in the video with Vanessa. And another dude posted on the same day of the shoot saying they were going to be down there with Vanessa, and when no one knew where it was, he posted a few hours later saying he was at Central Park with Vanessa, so...

They're obviously not official sources, but they're fairly reliable. Everything they tweeted - albeit not much - was true.

I do agree that it might not be a proper music video though, like "Carousel" or "Nolita Fairytale" or whatever. Regina Spektor did a few vidoes that were just made for the internet with her last album. "Eet" (which I think later got released) and "Dance Anthem of the 80s" were both promo vids shot with the intention of promoting the album a bit more online. Maybe Vanessa's doing that?

I know she's on a budget, but even THAT sounds a bit cheap for a music video - especially to a huge song like "I Don't Want To Be A Bride".

I'm still not convinced. lol !  Video shoot, yes. I see that, there is no denying it. but I'm still not convinced it's for a music video.  Me stubborn  8)
~Sara~

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 05:18:32 am »
Haha. It's okay, I mean the info we have is pretty vague.

We need Nessa to give us MORE details about this. But as we know all too well, that's not in Vanessa's nature lol.