Author Topic: 6/26/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)  (Read 19130 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
6/26/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:50:18 pm »
Running setlist thread:

Carousel
Who's To Say
Hands on Me
Tall Tales for Spring
Fools Like Me
Dear California
A Thousand Miles
Get Good
Fairweather Friend
I Don't Wanna Be A Bride
Nolita Fairytale
White Houses
Half A Week Before The Winter
London
The Marching Line
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:36:31 am by eclv »
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
Re: 6/26/2011: Joe's Pub - New York, NY (review)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »
Hope you have an amazing time, guys!!!!!!!!!! :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sabasaba

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »
Great night! Vanessa was amazing, as were Skye and Ari. Some people in the back clapped during 'Carousel' (I think it was Kulp and Ghisy). I was too shy to approach any NESSAholics. Katia spotted me though and said hello; she was super sweet! I also spoke to fish_for_stars after the show as well. And Ari, who is the sweetest guy EVER. I got a picture with him! Unfortunately, a staff member said that Vanessa had left the building, so I went home. I saw a bunch of other people still waiting outside, so maybe she came back out later. Waiting on word from the rest of the people that went! :(

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:12:56 pm »
Great night! Vanessa was amazing, as were Skye and Ari. Some people in the back clapped during 'Carousel' (I think it was Kulp and Ghisy). I was too shy to approach any NESSAholics. Katia spotted me though and said hello; she was super sweet! I also spoke to fish_for_stars after the show as well. And Ari, who is the sweetest guy EVER. I got a picture with him! Unfortunately, a staff member said that Vanessa had left the building, so I went home. I saw a bunch of other people still waiting outside, so maybe she came back out later. Waiting on word from the rest of the people that went! :(

It's awesome to hear that both Ari and Skye were there! which song did she do for an Encore?
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:19:00 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.

What were the audience like? Was it a big crowd?

sabasaba

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:25:27 pm »

It's awesome to hear that both Ari and Skye were there! which song did she do for an Encore?

She did 'The Marching Line'! It was beautiful. And yes, they were both there. I got there around 4PM and I caught Skye biking up to the venue and parking his bike up by the entrance before going in. Also, the bathroom was right next to the backstage area and the entrance to the bathroom had no door, so you can basically see the backstrage area down the hall (behind the curtain). I saw Skye sitting there warming up. Also when I went in, Ari was by the bar. After the show was over, he came out and sat with the NESSAholics and chatted. He's awesome.

sabasaba

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:27:58 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.

The audience were really good! They were quiet during all her performances, except 'A Thousand Miles', but they only whooped at the beginning. They also got really excited during 'White Houses'. She did 'Nolita Fairytale', 'Fools Like Me' and 'Dear California' on the Rhodes piano. Very well done, actually. They were selling signed posters after the show! There were a bunch left when I left, so I'm assuming everyone managed to get one - hopefully! :)

sabasaba

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 06:31:22 pm »
I forgot to mention how adorable her and Ari were. I filmed most of the songs on my iPhone and was just playing them back - I noticed that she often steals glances at Ari and kind of smiles to herself every time she looks at him (which was A LOT of the time). Also, on the songs didn't require guitar, Ari would just sit there and stare at her with a smile on his face. It was cute.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 06:35:10 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.

The audience were really good! They were quiet during all her performances, except 'A Thousand Miles', but they only whooped at the beginning. They also got really excited during 'White Houses'. She did 'Nolita Fairytale', 'Fools Like Me' and 'Dear California' on the Rhodes piano. Very well done, actually. They were selling signed posters after the show! There were a bunch left when I left, so I'm assuming everyone managed to get one - hopefully! :)

Ah, that's cool. :)

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 06:44:22 pm »
That host off BetterTV was there.
@vanessacarlton btw, I heard you thank Stevie in "Nolita Fairytale"! Plz Don't forget to tell her we met & show her our pic...

Special thanks to @vanessacarlton ! You're amazing & I can't wait to have you back on @BetterTVshow !

@Billbossa she sang both..I didn't realize she wrote "a thousand miles" @ 16! She's so crazy talented..

@CarlyReneeCara @vanessacarlton is literally blowing me away right now...she is one of the best live singers I've ever seen...

http://twitpic.com/5hesos

Nice to see she's a genuine fan.

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 07:14:20 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.

Wait... only after the show they were selling... ? lol.. ok... won't worry so much about that now... lol... This show sounded amazing! Can't wait to see her in 12 days!!!! :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

sabasaba

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 07:34:49 pm »
Oh, and Julia Stiles was there!

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 08:19:05 pm »
what what????

ps everyone.. SaraB will always be known as sarab :). sah-rab!!! :)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 08:34:12 pm »
good show!

nice to meet you, saba! sorry i was such a ball of awkwardness. you really did look fabulous!

i eyed the rest of the NESSAholics very very shyly.

"marching line" video will be up shortly. couldn't catch the beginning part of her explanation though, when she talked about how she often walks lord victor through the high line park, and how the high line reminds her of england. can't really see vanessa, but the audio is pretty decent.

and yeah, julia stiles!!
formerly fish_for__stars.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »
what what????

ps everyone.. SaraB will always be known as sarab :). sah-rab!!! :)

Yeah, I saw her after the show! She was on one of the red couches in the middle, on your side of the room actually! Right by the entrance. It was really nice meeting you and everyone else! Sorry if I was awkward or if I rambled, I do that when I'm nervous. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Sara B.!
Sara B is the bomb diggity!

we need to spend some quality time with the Saba Yo!!

:)
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton