Author Topic: 08/04/2011 - Best Buy, NYC (Performance and Signing)  (Read 15137 times)

Saba

08/04/2011 - Best Buy, NYC (Performance and Signing)
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »
Looks like Vanessa's going to be performing at Best Buy after all. Saw this on their website: http://www.liveatbestbuy.com/events/vanessa-carlton

It'll be on August 4 at 6PM at the Best Buy in Union Square, NYC.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: 08/04/2011 - Best Buy, NYC (Performance and Signing)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:48:30 am »
Woohoo! But ugh.. They got the Album title wrong!

Be one of the first 200 people to purchase Vanessa's new CD, "Carousel" at Best Buy Union Square starting at 12:01am on Tuesday, 7/26 and you will receive a wristband for admittance to the in-store performance & signing. The next 100 fans to purchase "Carousel" will receive a wristband for admittance to the in-store signing only. Arrive early. Space is limited. Limit one wristband per person.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:37 am »

Be one of the first 200 people to purchase Vanessa's new CD, "Carousel" at Best Buy Union Square starting at 12:01am on Tuesday, 7/26 and you will receive a wristband for admittance to the in-store performance & signing. The next 100 fans to purchase "Carousel" will receive a wristband for admittance to the in-store signing only. Arrive early. Space is limited. Limit one wristband per person.

wow. I wish I lived closer to the city.  Hope some of you can do this, because I can't :/
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 06:45:32 am »

wow. I wish I lived closer to the city.  Hope some of you can do this, because I can't :/

Carousel CD? Meaning, a cd just for the single?

Now, I'm interested.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:11 am »
Balls.  I can't go, but I might go get a wristband and maybe someone else here can go. 

Am I reading this right?  We have to go there TWICE?  What a pain in the Nessahole.  Still, Best Buy is one of the only places doing ANYTHING like this, so I do not want to badmouth them; they're just trying to get more people in the door more often.

Dan/NS

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:06:01 am »
I just posted about this event somewhere and everyone started laughing.

What's the deal? Is Best Buy an embarrassing place to perform or something?

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:26:37 pm »
Balls.  I can't go, but I might go get a wristband and maybe someone else here can go. 

Am I reading this right?  We have to go there TWICE?  What a pain in the Nessahole.  Still, Best Buy is one of the only places doing ANYTHING like this, so I do not want to badmouth them; they're just trying to get more people in the door more often.

Dan/NS

ha! gotta love it.  If it wasn't mandatory for my job to only have one summer vacation I think I would try to get to this..maybe I can finagle something with a shift switch.. I'll look into it when I get back, so I may take you up on the offer to get the wristband.. I'll let you know unless someone else who can FOR SURE go wants it instead.
~Sara~

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:05 pm »

Dan/NS

ha! gotta love it.  If it wasn't mandatory for my job to only have one summer vacation I think I would try to get to this..maybe I can finagle something with a shift switch.. I'll look into it when I get back, so I may take you up on the offer to get the wristband.. I'll let you know unless someone else who can FOR SURE go wants it instead.

Sara,
Not entirely sure I'm going.  If it were Lincoln Square, it would be closer to where I work and thus be easier to get to.  If there are lots of other N-Holes meeting up, it might be a nice social event.

@Martin    Best Buy isn't exactly Madison Square Garden, but if you're in the business of selling physical CD's, you could do a lot worse.  I don't think people realize just how much the business has changed.

Dan/NS

Byoungforever

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • All I hear is the music....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:15:44 pm »
Wish I could go... but I live across the country and will b on vacation so ya... that may not work out... :) But there's a signing and everything... haha... Whoever goes, Enjoy! and LOL at the extreme fail on what album she's putting out... :)
All I hear is the music.... and beauty stands... before me... and love comes back... around again, it's a carousel my friend.... :)

georgina

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 03:58:25 pm »
lady gaga performed and did a signing at the same best buy a few weeks ago -- it's not an "embarrassing" place at all haha.

i'm definitely going. i only live 3 stops away from union square.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 06:57:56 pm »

Dan/NS

Sara,
Not entirely sure I'm going.  If it were Lincoln Square, it would be closer to where I work and thus be easier to get to.  If there are lots of other N-Holes meeting up, it might be a nice social event.

@Martin    Best Buy isn't exactly Madison Square Garden, but if you're in the business of selling physical CD's, you could do a lot worse.  I don't think people realize just how much the business has changed.

Dan/NS

I have to do some serious thinking on it anyway.  There is a carnival that weekend across from my house (next to the cornfield) so we may be hosting some events with family
~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:39 pm »
Ohhhh, okay. Thanks!

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 07:32:58 pm »
I'll try to go to this, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be like when I start the new job.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 04:01:33 pm »
I'm contemplating doing this, but I'm not sure what to do with myself in the time between when I get the CD/wristband and when the next train home may be...

I'm also not sure how early, I'd need to start waiting in line.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »
I just posted about this event somewhere and everyone started laughing.

What's the deal? Is Best Buy an embarrassing place to perform or something?

Not at all. Lady Gaga just did her signing and meet and great for Born this Way there a month ago.
Peace
Adriann