Author Topic: 07/08/11 Largo at the Coronet - Los Angeles, CA (REVIEW)  (Read 23300 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 07/08/11 Largo at the Coronet - Los Angeles, CA (REVIEW)
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 10:31:37 am »
I have always disliked the staff at this venue however, I was happy to see the door guy wearing a Katie Herzig shirt. But yes, they are still assholes.

I didn't bring my good camera because I know how they hate our electronics. This is the first time I have ever seen someone walking up and down the aisles. I had my little P&S on my lap. I got tapped on the shoulder and was told to turn it off. I just nodded my head at him and he tapped me harder and said, now or you're going to leave. I turned it over showing him it wasn't even on. It really pissed me off. Especially because the person in front of me had their camera glowing in full view and he didn't go around to them.

I too hate when people are using flash or holding their camera up and you see their view finder glowing. It is very distracting. I tend to use my eye/view hole or have it close to my body so you can't see the glow (why I tend to aim too high a lot haha) I've been doing it so long it doesn't totally take away from my experience. Well, sometimes when I get so into it and want to dance or can't help but sway. I'm happy to share with fans who haven't had the chance. I really think youtube is a great outlet for artists to be promoted for free.

It was a beautiful show, probably only the second time I've seen her play in pants/jeans.

I'm so glad Holly talked me into going because as of 12:45, I wasn't. Wonderful to see, Jessica, Steve and Holly again. We were missing Nicole and divasteph.

It was nice to meet you too, Eric. You were so funny and by funny I mean cute. I'm guessing that was the first time you met her?

Big ups to the Little Room and their Ice Cold Beer!! :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:36:49 am by eclv »

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 11:14:03 am »
^ Ohhhh, are you V-Carlton.Net?

Cool pics! Vanessa looks cute.

Yes, Thank you :) Vanessa was super sweet.
do u misspell things on purpose?  like genius and now hipster with two p's?  is that some sort of new thing I don't get??
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 11:37:01 am »
I agree that YouTube is an amazing outlet for artists especially for artists with fan-bases the size of V's or smaller....but there is enough content, even from the upcoming record already on YouTube especially with the small amount of shows she has played for this record dating back to a little over 2 years...I don't think it would kill anyone to just leave everything in the car/at home and just enjoy the show this one time.  Largo has always been that way & I commend them for that.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 11:54:22 am »
...but there is enough content, even from the upcoming record already on YouTube especially with the small amount of shows she has played for this record dating back to a little over 2 years...

You're welcome.

I enjoy the show everytime, recording or not recording and like I said I am respectful of others. I am not saying the staff are assholes because they don't like our electronics, believe me, I am glad no one is clicking their camera or I have to see their glow. It's just their whole attitude from the moment you try and get in. I've had several bad experiences there.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 12:09:32 pm »
I have never gotten attitude from them so it's hard for me to understand where you're coming from. I've only seen comedy & Mandy Moore a few times in The Little Room.  I think they run a tight ship because the amount of staff they have.  I think they do a great job & ensure a good show for everyone.  I don't think a relaxed casual fan would ever think that the staff are assholes because they probably wouldn't be focused on getting cameras or electronics inside or showing up hours before the show. (I've always enjoyed their assigned seating so I can leave & come back)  Yes, tons of current content online is yours and I'm always appreciative of any videos/pictures/reviews from anyone on here.  You're highly praised on these boards..guess I should join the ranks? THANK YOU.

ps: Fools Like Me sounded amazing on the Rhodes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:13:41 pm by nutnlp »
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »
I'm totally with Let on this: they are assholes at this venue! My first contact with them almost made me regret my decision to come to LA for this show.

Luckily, it turned out to be a very good show, even though I think San Fran was better. I managed to record the audio for the whole thing (yep, screw you and your stupidly enforced non-electronics policy!), it sounds ok but not great.

It was nice to see her (again lol) after the show. I didn't go up to her to talk to her or anything because I've seen her a bunch of times on this tour and I felt it was too much. :P

She wished me a good trip back though when she noticed me and we exchanged a few words. She's always sweet with me. :)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 12:55:50 pm »
You're highly praised on these boards..guess I should join the ranks? THANK YOU.

Ha! Not praised, respected and appreciated, maybe?

DriftingOverMe

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 01:14:11 pm »
I have always disliked the staff at this venue however, I was happy to see the door guy wearing a Katie Herzig shirt. But yes, they are still assholes.

I didn't bring my good camera because I know how they hate our electronics. This is the first time I have ever seen someone walking up and down the aisles. I had my little P&S on my lap. I got tapped on the shoulder and was told to turn it off. I just nodded my head at him and he tapped me harder and said, now or you're going to leave. I turned it over showing him it wasn't even on. It really pissed me off. Especially because the person in front of me had their camera glowing in full view and he didn't go around to them.

I too hate when people are using flash or holding their camera up and you see their view finder glowing. It is very distracting. I tend to use my eye/view hole or have it close to my body so you can't see the glow (why I tend to aim too high a lot haha) I've been doing it so long it doesn't totally take away from my experience. Well, sometimes when I get so into it and want to dance or can't help but sway. I'm happy to share with fans who haven't had the chance. I really think youtube is a great outlet for artists to be promoted for free.

It was a beautiful show, probably only the second time I've seen her play in pants/jeans.

I'm so glad Holly talked me into going because as of 12:45, I wasn't. Wonderful to see, Jessica, Steve and Holly again. We were missing Nicole and divasteph.

It was nice to meet you too, Eric. You were so funny and by funny I mean cute. I'm guessing that was the first time you met her?

Big ups to the Little Room and their Ice Cold Beer!! :)

I dare not even try to record inside. A friend of mine who I met at the show tried to and they just took her cam.  but she did manage to record audio which i cannot wait to hear again.  It was so amazing to meet you guys :) You guys are so nice and sweet. I hope you guys enjoyed the pins.  :) and yes twas' my first Vanessa show. I cannot wait to see you guys next time. You guys rock! Cheers xx
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:17:20 pm by NessaHippster »

DriftingOverMe

• View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »

do u misspell things on purpose?  like genius and now hipster with two p's?  is that some sort of new thing I don't get??

Genuis next door & my hippter user name are on purpose.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »

lol ok good.

may I ask why?  that was the part about maybe i just don't get it...
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:10 pm »
Thanks for the Vanessa glossy photos!  Saw you attempting the claps on Carousel....would be cool to get a whole bunch of people to do that at a future show!

DriftingOverMe

• View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 01:35:18 pm »
Thanks for the Vanessa glossy photos!  Saw you attempting the claps on Carousel....would be cool to get a whole bunch of people to do that at a future show!

Your welcome :) I noticed little merch :( so thought i'd give photos on my part. Yeah I really wish haha

DriftingOverMe

• View Profile
    • Vanessa Carlton Online
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 01:39:28 pm »

lol ok good.

may I ask why?  that was the part about maybe i just don't get it...

Well Genuis next door is a regina spektor song. I was making a new facebook and I was wondering "How many people will notice if it's spelt wrong?"  Nobody noticed. haha  & NessaHippster  It just looked good to me.  Nessa has two 's' and Hipster has one 'p' so i tried to even it out. I like it. Yeah I feel people think I'm just a dummie xD haha

barefootonbeaches

• Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 02:00:15 pm »
If you wouldn't mind, would one of the brave people who recorded the show upload the videos to YouTube?  Even if the video is not great. I just want to remember that night, as I didn't attempt to record nor did I get to meet her.  :-[ Thanks.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 05:27:34 pm »

I was wondering about this... does she really like it? I know the first time she did but I wonder if it screws her up/she loses focus at all?  I did it at all three shows I was at but not very many people did..
~Sara~