Author Topic: That time of year again...  (Read 22532 times)

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
That time of year again...
« on: August 14, 2011, 08:40:26 pm »
School is starting up again....anyone else in a blaaah mood about it or actually happy about it? haha just curious to see if any nessholics are starting up school soon and share their "pain of their histories".

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
Re: That time of year again...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »
I know it makes me look loser-ish for commenting shortly after it was posted (ha ha), but anyways, I've been in summer school this summer with breaks in between. So I'll say that I'm happy to go back to school. I move back into my dorm on my birthday. Ecstatic  ;) (not) What about you?

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:57:12 pm »
I am excited that school is starting soon! Mainly because i'm taking a piano class. I dropped band for that class, I didn't even get the class last year. Hopfully I will this year....I better...

raacheeel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:07:23 pm »
I'm actually transferring to a new school so it's going to be interesting and terrified because im going from a semester to a quarter system, just because of the fast pace. Not to mention that I'm taking organic chem and physics, yeaaah no big deal psssssh haha OH and technically i don't start til september 22 x) jealous much?

@pupmagic - don't worry about it no losers here. haha not bad i'm sure you did fine in your summer classes

@Onyx - haha what kind of piano class? is it like theory or just learning to play?

Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:31:01 pm »
I'm actually transferring to a new school so it's going to be interesting and terrified because im going from a semester to a quarter system, just because of the fast pace. Not to mention that I'm taking organic chem and physics, yeaaah no big deal psssssh haha OH and technically i don't start til september 22 x) jealous much?

@pupmagic - don't worry about it no losers here. haha not bad i'm sure you did fine in your summer classes

@Onyx - haha what kind of piano class? is it like theory or just learning to play?
I have the registration book by me. Part of the description is: "Learn to play in a jazz, blues, classical style, and more. Basic Skills in piano technique, music theory, and music arranging will also be taught. Class opened for begginers and advanced students. Students considering taking private lessons should take this class."

So I guess both?

raacheeel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 09:35:01 pm »
Haha sounds like a lot! how many units is the class?

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:39:32 pm »

Transferring is never easy : / It can be quite the transition.. I wish you luck! Oh no wonder you're starting later in Sep like me : ) The benefits of quarter systems! It'll definitely move by faster, but I'm confident that you'll do well nonetheless! Just remember that procrastinating is your enemy (as always) If it comforts you, I'm starting ochem and biology, so we're both stuck with two science classes. Lovely, isn't it? Haha. We'll be fine. And sure, a little jealous :P

And thank you! I have an A in my first class, hoping the same for these two classes I'm tackling. Gotta love poetry and classical music

Onyx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:01 pm »
It is one trimester. It used to be two last year and that is why I had to drop band. I wanted to take band, german, and piano but they all didn't fit in my schedule... So I choose to drop band AND THEN I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE CLASS! I it was one trimester before then it would have all fit, but nooooo.

lol, sorry, I'm kinda p-oed at my school. They have strict rules about changing your schedule.

raacheeel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:06 pm »
haha where do you go, if you don't mind me asking? I'm going to ucsd in the fall. Yeah i hope so too. I'm going to be competing against hella smart people. So no more messing around on the weekends study study study! booooo. lol

raacheeel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:45:21 pm »
It is one trimester. It used to be two last year and that is why I had to drop band. I wanted to take band, german, and piano but they all didn't fit in my schedule... So I choose to drop band AND THEN I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE CLASS! I it was one trimester before then it would have all fit, but nooooo.

lol, sorry, I'm kinda p-oed at my school. They have strict rules about changing your schedule.

haha aww that sucks! well at least you're taking it now :)

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:54:32 pm »
That is crazy! I go to UCSC, another little forest hippy .. haha. Congrats on sd! Excellent UC, especially for engineering majors (science in general). I'm a Human Bio major, by the way. How about you?

Definitely. Well, "less" rendezvous-ing and partying. : ) You can do it.

raacheeel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »
haha thanks! I was pretty excited when i got my acceptance. and heck yeah lol SD is like a science/ research kingdom haha cut throat asians :/
yeah no effing around this time! but there will be definitely partying after mid-terms and what not.
do you plan to go to med school?

matchel

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • Magical thinking gets us by
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 09:19:33 am »

I hear you. In my freshman year, I was looking so forward to taking French and whatnot. However, it was a decision between French or band. I took band mainly because it substituted PE, and I despise PE haha

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 04:25:23 am »
For once I'm actually really excited about school starting up 'cause I got into a great university ;D
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 06:23:46 am »
I hate all you kids. I'm into my third year as a "working adult" and I MISS SCHOOL SO BLOODY BADLY.

I wanna turn back time.

(This is very synonymous to the lyrics of Carousel "Time won't wait and you'll be late... White Rabbits on the run" or More Than This "e sail through our youth so impatiently".)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...