Author Topic: The "I Don't Want To Be A Bride" music video should be released soon.  (Read 36073 times)

Harmonium

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The "I Don't Want To Be A Bride" music video should be released soon.
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:26 am »
Bummer with Bride. But I def think that HTB will be great. And I donĀ“t think it is a bad choice for a second single. It will attract new listeners. When I played ROTR for my friends (and I have tortured them all with it ;)) , everybody always say that they love HTB. Bride is a great and beautiful song, but HTB is more interesting I think.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 07:45:10 pm »
I just drafted eight different versions of a response to finding out about HTB being the next single, but nothing can sufficiently articulate how angry/confused/annoyed/disappointed I am.  So I'll leave it at this: it should not be this hard to be a fan.  And I trust you all know what I mean.

SparksFly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 09:29:38 pm »
Wow such a disappointment. Hear The Bells is an odd choice for a single tbh. Bride would appeal to a much larger audience.. as would also be more radio friendly. Bride could've also been symbolic and given a good message to people. I wonder if it'll be a future single at all...

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 09:33:02 pm »
Was Carousel even released to radio? I'm sure bride would have been if it was a single, but I always came up empty trying to request carousel. Bride would have been great on the radio, especially since Foster the People broke in the kind of ambient/analogue sounding music

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2012, 04:05:23 am »
Yeah.

Agree with the major lot of you.

I was really expecting Bride to be released around Valentine's Day cos I find the song to be an amazing LOVE SONG. A love that transcends titles and conventions and society and a LOVE that I hope to experience some day.

But since we're expecting Bells... I really hope it's not one of those things where R & T is all like... We were thinking we should do Bells... And then three months from now...

BOOM.

We're shelfing the album... We don't have any hopes and so - NO VIDEO.

I'm trying to say I really hope that this isn't a stalling technique.

What's really surprising though is that there was already  A LOT of art work done for this song... I mean the website being updated and all of that?

Anwho.

I dunno how anyone else feels about this... But if we do get a Bells video, I've ALWAYS imagined the video to be in the style of an anime manga style movie... With a Vanessa as a heroine and a witch doctor and some crazy story.

But somehow I still want BRIDE.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:07 am »
for me, singles are sort of connectors to the mass listeners. They're the gateways for a non-fan to get to know an artist. Singles, therefore, must be very easy to connect to if you'd want to lure in more people, right? I believe that Bride, among all of the tracks off ROTR, has that connection to people because it was written about something very common to most people, which is love. Bride is an opportunity.

Just what I wanted to say. But, whatever. Maybe V has plans?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:06 pm »
Also, if April Fool's was nearing in, then I would be absolutely convinced she's kidding. However, we're still in February. Is there any chance that this could be a little.. hoax?

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 05:26:41 pm »
about the artworks done, i was thinking the same thing. i wonder how the cover looked like... and we will probably never see it.
all i want to know is... why?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 05:58:41 pm »
Regarding the artwork, I think it's something like the girl leaning for a kiss?

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 08:47:51 pm »
Also, if April Fool's was nearing in, then I would be absolutely convinced she's kidding. However, we're still in February. Is there any chance that this could be a little.. hoax?

The "Bride" splashpage from her website has been taken down, so I'd say it's definitely true.  Stupid, but true. Haha

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 10:31:49 pm »

The "Bride" splashpage from her website has been taken down, so I'd say it's definitely true.  Stupid, but true. Haha

Yeah, that definitely suggests that this is actually happening. My mind hasn't completely come to terms with it, like a hard breakup.

Regarding the artwork, I think it's something like the girl leaning for a kiss?

Looks like she's just posing very boldly to me, like some kind of stride forward. I guess it can be interpreted as leaning in for a kiss.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:44:12 am by pupmagic »

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »
I think it's better to no expect anything than what she's already given us.  I don't mean this is a defeated, angry way, I just mean that we are only let down by our own expectations of people than the person herself.  If we accept who she is at face value or accept her as who she has presented herself to be, we'd all be more happy!  I mean this in all respects of life really.  Once you let go of expectations, you can more enjoy a person for who he or she really is.  That is why I just patiently wait, check the sites every day (or every few days, depending on what's going on) and ENJOY the fact that she is tweeting at all, and ENJOY the fact that she is giving me inspirations and new things to try and explore.  Thanks V!

What you say about expectations is so true! Even V agrees, "I don't wanna have expectations..." I like your perspective. :) But a major bummer about the music video though.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2012, 03:32:25 am »
I think it's better to no expect anything than what she's already given us.  I don't mean this is a defeated, angry way, I just mean that we are only let down by our own expectations of people than the person herself.  If we accept who she is at face value or accept her as who she has presented herself to be, we'd all be more happy!  I mean this in all respects of life really.  Once you let go of expectations, you can more enjoy a person for who he or she really is.  That is why I just patiently wait, check the sites every day (or every few days, depending on what's going on) and ENJOY the fact that she is tweeting at all, and ENJOY the fact that she is giving me inspirations and new things to try and explore.  Thanks V!

What you say about expectations is so true! Even V agrees, "I don't wanna have expectations..." I like your perspective. :) But a major bummer about the music video though.

yes, I wrote this pre - cancellation.  It doesn't change much of what I said, I am disappointed, but it isn't a world-ender because of this sentiment.
~Sara~

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2012, 09:16:22 am »
Question: what is this artwork people are referring to?  I've been kind of out of the loop but would like to see it.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 09:50:30 am »
Question: what is this artwork people are referring to?  I've been kind of out of the loop but would like to see it.