Author Topic: The "I Don't Want To Be A Bride" music video should be released soon.  (Read 36217 times)

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re: The "I Don't Want To Be A Bride" music video should be released soon.
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:50 pm »
Just had a thought. It seems unlikely that Vanessa herself could have changed her mind, and I am not trying to accuse her, but perhaps the end result of the Bride video wasn't living up to her expectations? Maybe it is a risk she decided not to take? (Of course there is many other possibilites as to why as well).

Reason I'm thinking about this is people seem to be blaming razor&tie for the stop on IDWTBAB... I don't know, it is all rather confusing.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
VCarltonIndo have posted a link to a petition for the release of Bride, so if you want to possibly attempt to influence R&T sign it:

http://www.change.org/petitions/razor-tie-vanessa-carlton-release-i-dont-wanna-be-a-bride-as-vanessas-new-single?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall#

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 06:26:21 pm »
VCarltonIndo have posted a link to a petition for the release of Bride, so if you want to possibly attempt to influence R&T sign it:

http://www.change.org/petitions/razor-tie-vanessa-carlton-release-i-dont-wanna-be-a-bride-as-vanessas-new-single?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=friends_wall#

Thanks for sharing this! Manny is a gem for setting this petition up, and I've been meaning to share with everyone here, too. We only need 100 signatures, from what I remember. We'd only need a fraction of the Nessaholics here to sign. Thanks!

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2012, 06:36:16 pm »
Just had a thought. It seems unlikely that Vanessa herself could have changed her mind, and I am not trying to accuse her, but perhaps the end result of the Bride video wasn't living up to her expectations? Maybe it is a risk she decided not to take? (Of course there is many other possibilites as to why as well).

Reason I'm thinking about this is people seem to be blaming razor&tie for the stop on IDWTBAB... I don't know, it is all rather confusing.

I'm pretty sure Vanessa's tweet said R&T decided against bride.  I'd have to double check

edit: she tweeted "@razorandtie can't do bride"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:42:39 pm by sarab »
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2012, 07:40:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure Vanessa's tweet said R&T decided against bride.  I'd have to double check

GOOD SPOTTING.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »
I signed it.  Very happy to do so and have forwarded it to some of my Vanessa-fan friends.

I should let you know, though, that I've done a number of change.org petitions, and the number 100 isn't some magic number that will make R&T change its mind; it's just an arbitrary number that the petition creator chooses.  And if we want to change a record label's decision, we'll need a lot more than that.  So let's get to work!  ;D

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2012, 10:13:04 pm »

GOOD SPOTTING.

I just don't understand "can't", it's more like won't.  It's not like they phsyically cannot release it or make it.
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2012, 10:17:10 pm »

GOOD SPOTTING.

I just don't understand "can't", it's more like won't.  It's not like they phsyically cannot release it or make it.

"Can't" suggests that they are, for whatever reason, unable to release the vid. If V instead used "won't", that would be indicate R&T are choosing to not release it. Both are vague in this context unfortunately, so we can't draw any conclusions.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2012, 07:30:37 pm »
I was just wondering ya know... with all the cancellation of bride as the next single if that performance on Jay Leno (where she performed the song... Was it Jay Leno?) I remember there being some harsh reactions to it... ( at least on Twitter).

You think that had anything to do with it?

Just pondering.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »
Vanessa sang Bride on the Conan show, though she was on Jay Leno singing Carousel as well.

I had no idea there was harsh reactions about the song? Though I know people were having a fuss, because they didn't think it was right that there was a children's choir in this song. Something about they are just kids and shouldn't be listening to this song, [forgive me, I'm having a hard time remembering]. Anyways...

If that is the case, it is too bad. I think Bride would send excellent message (in my opinion at least). Seriously, the songs on the radio these days are 10x times worse than the little minor suggestions of this song.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2012, 10:42:52 pm »
Vanessa sang Bride on the Conan show, though she was on Jay Leno singing Carousel as well.

I had no idea there was harsh reactions about the song? Though I know people were having a fuss, because they didn't think it was right that there was a children's choir in this song. Something about they are just kids and shouldn't be listening to this song, [forgive me, I'm having a hard time remembering]. Anyways...

If that is the case, it is too bad. I think Bride would send excellent message (in my opinion at least). Seriously, the songs on the radio these days are 10x times worse than the little minor suggestions of this song.

RIGHT?!  I mean, how does "lets be in love but we don't necessarily need to get married" compare to "lets have sex, party, do drugs, and drink all night"
I just wish we had particulars of the case! eh
~Sara~

AlexanderLaska

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2012, 04:55:01 am »
Look, whoever complained about the children's choir is insane and I seriously doubt Razor&Tie would let that affect their decision (although these are the same people who took out Vanessa's bisexuality and atheism from her Wikipedia page not once, but twice, so perhaps you're onto something).  Personally I would be more worried about all of the Twitter complaints that she didn't sound good and looked like Snooki XD

"Can't" can mean one of two things - either they literally cannot do it for legal reasons, OR Vanessa meant "can't" like they simply refused and it was a nonstarter.  But that second option doesn't make sense because Bride is one of the highest-selling tracks off the album, so there must be something preventing them from doing it.  Very strange that they would make all this noise about it (the single cover, the website's new splash page, making plans to record a video, etc) without making sure they could actually release the song first.

It's kinda cool that HTB is gonna be played on One Tree Hill - I have no plans to ever watch that show, but it's kinda like how Hands On Me was on Gossip Girl; it's good publicity.  But I feel like Bride could have been EVERYWHERE.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 05:22:13 am »
Look, whoever complained about the children's choir is insane and I seriously doubt Razor&Tie would let that affect their decision (although these are the same people who took out Vanessa's bisexuality and atheism from her Wikipedia page not once, but twice, so perhaps you're onto something).  Personally I would be more worried about all of the Twitter complaints that she didn't sound good and looked like Snooki XD

"Can't" can mean one of two things - either they literally cannot do it for legal reasons, OR Vanessa meant "can't" like they simply refused and it was a nonstarter.  But that second option doesn't make sense because Bride is one of the highest-selling tracks off the album, so there must be something preventing them from doing it.  Very strange that they would make all this noise about it (the single cover, the website's new splash page, making plans to record a video, etc) without making sure they could actually release the song first.

It's kinda cool that HTB is gonna be played on One Tree Hill - I have no plans to ever watch that show, but it's kinda like how Hands On Me was on Gossip Girl; it's good publicity.  But I feel like Bride could have been EVERYWHERE.

Bride could have been anywhere. In fact, I felt that it was already getting somewhere even before the release with all the buzz it created in ROTR reviews and V's live performance.

But anyway, what will be will be.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.