Author Topic: OMG! finally. Have we seen this? Vanessa EP  (Read 23655 times)

LauraH

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: OMG! finally. Have we seen this? Vanessa EP
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2011, 07:39:29 pm »
Holy F***, an Holiday EP!!! That's so awesome! I wouldn't have imagined something like that but I'm so happy. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love to hear GOOD christmas music that's not cheesy but just puts you in the mood for the season. I can't wait. I really hope there will be an original song. that song we heard on Irv Gotti had this christmas feel to it in my opinion, I also think that More than this (or even Hear the bells) has a christmas vibe, but I wouldn't want another version of this song, it's already perfect.

The other great thing about it being a holiday EP is that we will get it this year for sure! :)

Funny...in one of her performances, she said that she thought More Than This was a Christmas song. Haha.
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2011, 07:44:45 pm »
Even though I was pretty sure of this after her photo update, I was so happy when the official news was announced! Like, beyond ecstatic.

Then my mind ventured to "I bet it'll be delayed this Christmas, and we'll have to wait through two more to get it." I need to be more optimistic. :D

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2011, 09:29:13 pm »
Even though I was pretty sure of this after her photo update, I was so happy when the official news was announced! Like, beyond ecstatic.

Then my mind ventured to "I bet it'll be delayed this Christmas, and we'll have to wait through two more to get it." I need to be more optimistic. :D

yes you do! Let us all think that we will have it by the end of nov/beginning of dec.  If we all put the positive vibes out there then hopefully we will get a positive return!
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2011, 11:23:24 pm »
Digital, physical CD, vinyl, oh man, I'm gonna buy it all. Heavy anticipation as always.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2011, 12:54:48 am »
Aha that's funny, I didn't know that Vanessa herself considered it a christmas song, but well it does sound like a christmas song ;)

Yes I was thinking the same thing : it's gonna be delayed, won't be finished in times, etc and we'll get it in 2012, well at the end of 2012. Let's send all the good vibes and make it a hit when it's released. I'm kind of thinking about a digital release this year and then a cd (i'm not sure about vinyl . i think Vanessa only released Rabbits on vinyl because it was recorded analoguely (is that a word?) and I doubt the ep is, it would take way too much time) next year with maybe an extra track or something. that would be cool :)
EDIT : well of course I'd still rather have a cd release this year :p

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2011, 02:39:24 am »
It WILL be this year  :D
the article does say :
2011 will close with EPs from both Nicole Atkins and Vanessa Carlton and two new children's holiday music releases from KIDZ BOP and The Wiggles
~Sara~

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2011, 03:09:32 am »
What article are you talking about? That's incredible news. Can't wait! btw someone should change the name of the topic to something like 'The Holiday Ep'. Someone has an idea about the title? Tall Tales For The Winter? aha

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2011, 03:11:41 am »
What article are you talking about? That's incredible news. Can't wait! btw someone should change the name of the topic to something like 'The Holiday Ep'. Someone has an idea about the title? Tall Tales For The Winter? aha

the first post in the thread has a link to Razor and Tie article (the statement is at end of third paragraph)
~Sara~

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2011, 10:22:28 am »
oh okay thanks! in less than two months we'll have another masterpiece work from Vanessa ::)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2011, 09:17:25 pm »
Euphonic Masters
A rare Sunday in the studio, cutting new Vanessa Carlton's latest.

It's worth it!

(posted on facebook.  it showed up on her facebook wall)
~Sara~