Author Topic: Vanessa's Digital Holiday EP 'Hear The Bells' IS HERE!!!  (Read 31084 times)

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
Re: Vanessa's Digital Holiday EP 'Hear The Bells' IS HERE!!!
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2011, 03:32:42 pm »
HI im back from the dead and i just downloaded the new EP!!! YAY its so good all of it especially the acoustic version makes me wanna sit next to the fire and drink coffee and die :)))

raacheeel

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2011, 03:33:31 pm »
Oh and quick question do EP's usually come out in hardcopy CD's?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:23 pm »
A Thousand Miles sounds so far from the first time she recorded it. I love the plainness - there's some genuine emotion in the way everything sounds. And though I think that the Rhodes doing the riff won't hurt, I think V came up with the best arrangement.

To be honest, when I listen to the BNN version of ATM, all I picture out is this lovesick girl on the piano. But with this acoustic version, I picture out a woman in front of a fireplace missing somebody she truly loves. Maybe that's what makes it beautiful - it sounded as if it is true love, not the romantic one (I sometimes call it suicidal too) that the first version often leave in my mind.

(I just realized that there's no separate thread for ATM in the lyrics/sheet music section. I thought it was kind of weird)

Ah the word is fireplace.

The song sounds so cozy. It's weird maybe since the first time I heard the song (I was millions of miles away from the people I loved and I used this song like crack) it sounded like she was missing someone. This time it's like she's already with the person and she's telling them that she needs them and they'd walk a thousand miles if they could see them....

It's cozy.

I love her.

totally related to that sentiment and I agree. Most of the songs on that CD give me that vibe and at 16 it makes total sense. (any other girls remember that 16 year old "love"?)

I think that's where the big difference lies - when she wrote it at 16, she wrote it for a boy who wouldn't reciprocate her feelings for him. Hence, the "I'd walk a thousand miles" act.

But this time, there is no pressure. She loves, and she waits. She'd walk miles, but no. Not desperately.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ewiermann

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • "Waste away the days..."
    • MSN Messenger - ewiermann@outlook.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2011, 04:50:02 am »
Hear The Bells EP Version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz26NzwUgR0

LauraH

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2011, 09:34:15 am »
I'm so obsessed with her cover of Happy Christmas(War Is Over) It's AMAZING. XD
The song may be over, but the music never ends.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »
Oh and quick question do EP's usually come out in hardcopy CD's?

I think so, Rachel. If you've heard of Hellogoodbye, they released a hardcopy EP. But, it seems like it depends on the funds and promotion. In V's case, releasing the EP only in digital format was probably most convenient (and cheap).

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2011, 06:24:07 pm »
Every single song is just precious, I've listened to the EP for almost 30 times in a couple of days time. I also LOVE the fact that she chose to cover such pacifistic Christmas songs. I must admit I usually don't even like Christmas songs that much, but when V chooses to cover some of the best ones out there... Well, I can almost feel the Christmas spirit closing in. :)
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy