Author Topic: Why doesn't vanessa want to be a bride?..lol  (Read 9996 times)

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't vanessa want to be a bride?..lol
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 04:23:42 am »
i was talking about the song :D

There doesn't seem to be an abstract way to discuss the song without mentioning her views/choices, unless you're picking at its structure, rhythm, etc. You have her whole declaration woven in the song, and well, it's the title, too.
You could say that the song doesn't want to be a bride. But people might think you're crazy.  ;)

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:53 am »

There doesn't seem to be an abstract way to discuss the song without mentioning her views/choices, unless you're picking at its structure, rhythm, etc. You have her whole declaration woven in the song, and well, it's the title, too.
You could say that the song doesn't want to be a bride. But people might think you're crazy.  ;)
^ Made me laugh. You know, she has another song that wants to walk a thousand miles. I feel so bad for it, though, because I don't think songs have legs. :'( Poor song.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 01:28:56 pm »

^ Made me laugh. You know, she has another song that wants to walk a thousand miles. I feel so bad for it, though, because I don't think songs have legs. :'( Poor song.

lol you guys are ridic! love it.
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 03:16:01 pm »

Hahaha, how silly. Well, the song does have the legendary moving piano.. hmm.  :D

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 08:34:17 pm »
:)

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »

Hahaha, how silly. Well, the song does have the legendary moving piano.. hmm.  :D

True. It does, but rolling just isn't the same. :(

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 11:02:10 pm »
I take the song to be about where she is NOW.  It can change.  I mean, Gene Simmons just married Shannon Tweed after what, over two decades?

All of this could fall by the wayside if she meets that "someone", as it will for me should I decide to again(I was married once). When you're in love--really there--the decision can be incredibly clear.

I know married people who are happy.  I know people who just live together who are miserable.  There is no science to it.  I say, do what is good for YOU.

I see so many people who are influenced too much either by tradition or the so-called "progressive" bucking against it and never really look inward to find the truth and what truly works for them.  It is no one's beeswax except the people involved.

I dunno, IMO I feel that being married kicks everything into a different, higher gear than just living together.  It's like saying "I'm not in a BAND, I just play music with 3 or 4 other dudes", like where is the identity of the union?

Dan/NS

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 07:37:34 pm »
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but Jen just seems to be a little overly positive for it to be realistic.

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 12:07:23 am »
i was being sarcastic ::)

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 01:54:26 pm »
this is my best friend's favorite song, and she wants to get married. She describes it as the difference between being a bride and being a wife. I thought that was a nice take on the song.

sarab

• Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 02:37:07 pm »
this is my best friend's favorite song, and she wants to get married. She describes it as the difference between being a bride and being a wife. I thought that was a nice take on the song.

that is a nice sentiment!  I brought my sister to the show in Boston over the summer.  When the show was over she said," you know what song I really liked but I don't necessarily agree with?  That one about not wanting to be married."
I think it's a great song and reaches people on many levels because I think we all want that great love, regardless of whether or not it comes with a piece of paper.
~Sara~