Author Topic: Vanessa iTunes Questionnarre  (Read 2821 times)

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
Vanessa iTunes Questionnarre
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »
(Forgive me if this isn't the right board! I was contemplating where to put this!)

I was looking the playcounts for my Vanessa Carlton songs on iTunes, and was surprised by a few things. Because a lot of us own and listen to the physical CDs, the numbers on our music programs can end up quite interesting. I thought I'd put together a little questionnaire to get to know each other better, look at the trends, and have some fun!

How many Vanessa Carlton songs do you have on iTunes, and what is the total play time?

107, and 6 hours, and 34 minutes. :o

Which song has the most plays (and how many)? Any reason?

'Afterglow', for me (103). I'm not certain as to why, because although I love it, it wouldn't be in my top 10 favorite songs. It beat 'She Floats' by about 10 plays, a song that I wouldn't have been so shocked at.

Which song has the least plays? Reasons behind this?

'Happy XMas (War is Over)' (6).  I really love this cover, and have played it probably over 30 times on my iPod. :D I guess iTunes isn't syncing with its counts. I hope it catches up soon; it makes me sad to see it on the bottom. Haha.

Shortest Vanessa Song?

'Just the Thing', only 00:41 seconds!

Longest?

'Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me', very barely beating out 'Home'

V Albums from Highest to Lowest Play Count (just eye this one and include any V categories you have that aren't actually 'albums' ;) )

Harmonium, BNN, Vanessa B-sides, Heroes and Thieves, Rinse, Vanessa Unreleased, Vanessa Alternate Live, Vanessa Covers, Tape Demo, Vanessa Piano/Vocal, Rabbits on the Run, and Hear the Bells.

Any Comments?

I was very surprised at Afterglow being my top played, as well as my favorite album, Rabbits on the Run, having so few plays! Things will probably even out as time goes on. I listened to the physical CD of Harmonium more than anything, so the amount of plays it had on iTunes in addition, slightly frightens me.  :D

What about everyone else? I'm curious to hear your answers!

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa iTunes Questionnarre
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 08:17:42 pm »
These are a little off because of ipod switching, syncing stuff.

How many Vanessa Carlton songs do you have on iTunes, and what is the total play time?
87, I don't know the total play time but the total number of plays for all songs is 3,504.

"Nolita Fairytale" (479) :P It was the only song I listend to for a week. It beats "More Than This" by 16 plays.

Cest' La Vie

Shortest Vanessa Song?
Do covers count? "Like a Virgin" (1:22)

Longest?
Again with the cover... "Where the Streets Have No Name"

V Albums from Highest to Lowest Play Count
(I added the play counts of songs) Heroes and Thieves (1,329), ROTR (869), Harmonium (691),  The non-album songs (488), BNN (104), HTB (42)

Any Comments?
The top 8 most played songs on my ipod are all Vanessa songs. The total number of plays for all 8 is 2,122. I wish I knew the play time. I'm sure it's... Plentiful.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:19:13 pm by Onyx »

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:29:14 pm »
I have 310 songs, can't judge how much time that is, I'm on my phone.

White Houses is definitely my most played. The version from Harmonium I had 1000 plus plays and that doesn't count like the 10 other versons of it I had. Definitely went through a White Houses faze when I was 14 and my mom banned me from playing it in the house.  ;D

mixedanthony

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 09:39:50 am »

44, 2 hours, 50 minutes and 38 seconds! I'm in the process of getting all my itunes together on my computer -_-

'More Than This' (200). This song is extremely special to me. The way she sounds, the lyrics, the ending. Everything about this song is perfect to me and its like a therapy.

I Don't Want to be a Bride (Live at Kean University 2010) (1). I know I've played this more than once, but this whole set stopped working for some reason.

Shortest Vanessa Song?

'The Wreckage', at 2:17!

Longest?

'Home,' at 5:38!

V Albums from Highest to Lowest Play Count (just eye this one and include any V categories you have that aren't actually 'albums' Wink )

Heroes & Thieves (900), BNN (541), Harmonium (492), ROTR (236), Carosuel Single (86)

Any Comments?

Im not at all surprised at H&T's plays, or More Than This's plays. I AM surprised at Carosuel's single plays because I know for a fact that the first few days it was out, I played it well over 100 times lol. Im also surprised that ROTR was so low in plays, I've listened to that album WAY more than that! But, thats iTunes for ya. Haha

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:43:23 pm »
The way she sounds, the lyrics, the ending. Everything about this song is perfect to me and its like a therapy.

Just have to cut in and agree. The ending of that song is otherworldly.