Author Topic: Read Vanessa is recording a new album in the fall  (Read 19025 times)

Onyx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
Re: Read Vanessa is recording a new album in the fall
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »
I'm kinda afraid, of the songs she tweeted I only liked the one by Gypsy and Cat and I'm not a big fan of electronic music. Oh well, I'm sure I'll still like it anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 03:25:00 am by Onyx »

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »
also, the piano. pleeeeeease keep the piano.  

this is what's worrying me! i hope she keeps the piano.

like DON'T TAKE THE OVARIES OF YOUR SONGS OUT!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »
also, the piano. pleeeeeease keep the piano. 

this is what's worrying me! i hope she keeps the piano.

like DON'T TAKE THE OVARIES OF YOUR SONGS OUT!

Same worries. Transcribing them into sheets would be one tough job.   ::)

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

SunflowerLeah

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 07:38:23 pm »
Oh and the article said this too -
She said inspiration for her upcoming album comes both from listening to her college-aged brother’s trippy, euphoric music and reading classical mythology.

“I’m very inspired by Shamanism and right now, I’m kind of revisiting a lot of old mythological tales and kind of psychedelic poetry,” Carlton said.
from here: http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/scene/vanessa-carlton-performs-at-legends-1.2863961#.T56e_fXEnRV

Very exciting! I'm just so glad she seems so happy recently and wants to make more albums. Electronic music isn't hugely my thing but there is some great stuff. I do have faith in her that she can try her hand at different genres and experiment, and it will still be amazing.

In the interview it says here:

Between pieces, she’d pause and deliver the creation story of each song, but most details were lost amidst the constant chatter. A few came through the microphone, however, including a live and let live message about relationships before the song “Who Says."

Is this a song I'm not aware of, or did they mean 'Who's To Say?'

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 07:47:51 pm »
In the interview it says here:

Between pieces, she’d pause and deliver the creation story of each song, but most details were lost amidst the constant chatter. A few came through the microphone, however, including a live and let live message about relationships before the song “Who Says."

Is this a song I'm not aware of, or did they mean 'Who's To Say?'

Who's to say

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 09:53:57 am »
Wow, I can't believe Vanessa is starting to create another album already! Like someone stated before, it must feel weird 'cause we're used to waiting for years. Anyway, I'm soo excited even if Vanessa's music is going to a new direction 'cause I have a lot of faith in her skills as a musician. I must say I'm not a big fan of electronic music in general but somehow I can't see Vanessa going completely there. I hope I'm right...
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy

CelestialHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 08:52:14 pm »
Really? Wow :D Awesome! Didn't someone say that her 5th would be last? I dunno I read that somewhere on here or something. Long as she doesn't go back to Gotti XD. It did take awhile for me to like ROTR and honestly with some of her songs I am not always sure of what she's talking about but I just love her XD

Maybe eventually we'll all get used to the album and like it. I'm sort of the same way, takes awhile for me to like something sometimes.

At least SOMEONE is working on making albums unlike some other singer that looks like Vanessa *cough* >.>

But yeah wow really she's going to work on the album now? I agree usually we wait a few years or so XD  But hey might as well write when you're in the mood :P

lavender skies

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 08:54:02 pm »
^yeah. The V that I fell in love with was BNN through Heroes. Rabbits is completely different. While I do love some of her songs I'm accepting that she is changing and growing as an artist in a direction I may not really like. But that's okay! As long as she is happy.