Author Topic: New shows with Stevie announced today!!!  (Read 17183 times)

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
Re: New shows with Stevie announced today!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 07:55:57 am »
^^^ Unfortunately I don't think they're going to add more shows. Stevie starts her tour with Rod Stewart on July 20 and that's going into August. There is a random Oklahoma date in September that Vanessa might open for. But after that, I don't see any more dates being added opening for Stevie because Fleetwood Mac goes into rehearsals in January for their 2013 tour, and Stevie will probably just take a break after September and prep for the Mac.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 08:05:19 am »
Does anyone think Vanessa will open for Stevie again? Like on an actual tour and not just a few dates? I've talked to some Stevie/Fleetwood fans and they all seem to love her and Vanessa's relationship and think it's cute. I hope she has her open because she obviously must know how hard Rabbits struggled. I'm just worried about V paying her bills! I know she gets royalties and has more money than I will probably ever see, but I get worried still!

equeen1022

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 09:14:26 am »
Does anyone think Vanessa will open for Stevie again? Like on an actual tour and not just a few dates? I've talked to some Stevie/Fleetwood fans and they all seem to love her and Vanessa's relationship and think it's cute. I hope she has her open because she obviously must know how hard Rabbits struggled. I'm just worried about V paying her bills! I know she gets royalties and has more money than I will probably ever see, but I get worried still!

I'm sure Vanessa has made enough off of A Thousand Miles that she'd be okay if she never made another dime in her life.

Vanessa is very popular in the Stevie community. I hope she gets a great response tonight at the Detroit show. I'll be there!
~*Amber*~

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 09:55:08 am »

I'm sure Vanessa has made enough off of A Thousand Miles that she'd be okay if she never made another dime in her life.

Vanessa is very popular in the Stevie community. I hope she gets a great response tonight at the Detroit show. I'll be there!

Have fun!! I get all excited for V shows even when I'm not going to be there.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 12:34:37 am »
I've found some photos here:

http://womc.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2012/07/07/stevie-nicks-live-at-the-fox/

I wasn't sure if I was meant to post in this thread, but maybe they can be moved when someone opens a review topic. Vanessa and Stevie both look great,and Skye was there too. I wondered what she played? Although I'm sure our reviewers will kindly fill us in.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:05 am »
Thanks!

Love this picture too:

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 12:28:35 pm »
Vanessa was amazing! She played:

Carousel
TTFS
Fair Feather Friends
Hear The Bells
A Thousand Miles
IDWTBAB
The Marching Line

No new stuff, my heart jumped a bit when V finished IDWTBAB and said "...There's one more song........." but nope :-\

It was the first time I heard the Marching Line live, I teared up a little bit haha.

She didn't come out to say hi or sign autographs but she got a standing ovation at the end of her set which was awesome to see. Vanessa got a song dedicated to he rby Stevie in the middle of the show, she talked about how Vanessa has done so much for her heart and "saved" her. It was really kind and i'm sure a huge honor for her : ). Vanessa also popped out at the end for a final bow, stevie made sure she waved and smiled even though V looked uncomfortable hahaha.

Skye was in the audience watching and got the three guys next to him kicked out, didn't know what that was about. Funny to watch though : )
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:30:23 pm by HearMyBells »

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 01:57:41 pm »
Thanks for the review. :)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 02:29:36 pm »
Thanks for the review. By any chance can you remember what song was dedicated to Vanessa? The pictures look great so I'm sure the concert was too. Hope you had a great time.

HearMyBells

• So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 07:57:16 pm »
It was called For What It's Worth, it was super powerful :)

equeen1022

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2012, 08:49:25 pm »
Thanks!

Love this picture too:

That photo was taken from my Tumblr. Credit goes to Amy Veit Green.

V was great last night, though I was disappointed in the setlist. I didn't care for the majority of the songs she played from ROTR and I don't know that they were the best choice for last night's crowd. I feel like V's Heroes and Thieves set went over better back in '07 and those songs just sounded better live. Most ROTR songs don't transfer live well, imo.

I still loved getting to see Vanessa again, though. I loved Carousel and IDWBAB. Of course the crowd cheered the most for A Thousand Miles. V called it her "weird obsession" song and had to compose herself after giggling before she could play.

As was mentioned already, Stevie dedicated For What It's Worth to Vanessa, saying that she had done more for her heart than anybody else ever has and she is so thankful for her. It was very sweet.

At the very end of the show, Vanessa came out for the final bows and it was so cute when Stevie pushed V out front and had the audience cheer for her again. And then Stevie grabbed V's hand and made it wave to the audience haha. V was all smiles but she had that shy look on her face. I love the equal admiration that Stevie and Vanessa share for one another. It's pretty awesome when your two favorite singers are bffs and love the hell out of each other.
~*Amber*~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2012, 09:09:58 pm »
I am listening to For What It's Worth, and I am convinced to get the whole album. Stevie writes beautiful lyrics, and I am glad that V had inherited it.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

equeen1022

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 09:29:45 pm »
I am listening to For What It's Worth, and I am convinced to get the whole album. Stevie writes beautiful lyrics, and I am glad that V had inherited it.

Check out Moonlight and You May Be The One. They're my other favorites from the album. :)
~*Amber*~

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 10:42:16 pm »

Check out Moonlight and You May Be The One. They're my other favorites from the album. :)

The Italian summer  ;)

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2012, 12:41:22 am »
I found this pic on tumblr :

Thanks for all the lovely detailed reviews, very helpful. I think it's so wonderful the relationship Vanessa and Stevie have, and I bet professionally, it's nice to have some camaraderie in a cut throat kind of industry.

Edit: Just realised that the next show is at the Mohegan Sun arena, and I'm pretty sure that was where there was a tiny kind of behind the scenes video when Vanessa last played with Stevie, including Vanessa's excellent cocktail skills consisting of pretty much vodka.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:43:28 am by AG. »