Author Topic: 07/1/12 - V w/The Cal Phil Orchestra at the Walt Disney Concert Hall (review)  (Read 13148 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
What an incredible experience. Wow. The music just came alive. There were no sound issues at all in this hall. Everything was well balanced. The setlist was the same obviously since those are the songs they rehearsed in such a short time. It was short but definitely worth my fly in and fly back the same day.
They announced no cameras, recording, or cell phones. I only took 1 photo at the end and it was from across the stage.

Tall Tales For Spring
Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
A Thousand Miles
The Marching Line
White Houses

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:39:34 pm by eclv »

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
What an incredible experience. Wow. The music just came alive. There were no sound issues at all in this hall. Everything was well balanced. The setlist was the same obviously since those are the songs they rehearsed in such a short time. It was short but definitely worth my fly in and fly back the same day.
They announced no cameras, recording, or cell phones. I only took 1 photo at the end and it was from across the stage.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad you had a fantastic time!  Too bad about video/audio, sucks a big one for us!
~Sara~

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: sarab link=topic=13421.msg250255#msg250255
[/quote

I'm glad you had a fantastic time!  Too bad about video/audio, sucks a big one for us!

I didn't say that ;)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
Quote from: sarab link=topic=13421.msg250255#msg250255
[/quote

I didn't say that ;)

LOL.  I should have known
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
i'm imagining the marching line being played with an orchestra. my god, it must have been beautiful and such a powerful thing.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Wow, sounds like it was an incredible experience for you guys! Thank you for sharing your stories! That is so sweet what her mom said to her after the first show.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wow, sounds like it was an incredible experience for you guys! Thank you for sharing your stories!

It really was. There were so many moments where I lost my breath. Sadly, a recording could never emulate actually being there. Well maybe if you were hooked directly to the soundboard. Definitely make plans for the one in NC in Oct.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well would you guys like a not so awesome but better than nothing audio from the Disney Concert Hall?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:26:06 pm by eclv »

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
of course! Whatever you got and want to share!
~Sara~

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well, our wonderful ADMIN leader, reason this whole Nh.com site exists is working on the files I sent her and if you all really want it. I'll post it.  :)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well. It's not the best but as fans I am sure you are all happy to hear it anyway, right? If anyone happens to be a sound engineer or just has the knowledge and can fix it up, go for it.

It was 1000 times better than this but I am sure you all can appreciate it. So honored to have been able to have been there. I would like to hear your feedback. I think my favorite was Who's To Say it always tears me up but this was just  :o 

And big thanks to Katia for uploading them and for this site!! Loveyoulongtime!!

http://www.nessaholics.com/vcsymphony/

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the recordings! And yes, I agree: it's Who's To Say at its best. It has the sense of urgency that I haven't heard before.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Pushglow

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Wow, thanks for the audio clips 8)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Well. It's not the best but as fans I am sure you are all happy to hear it anyway, right? If anyone happens to be a sound engineer or just has the knowledge and can fix it up, go for it.

It was 1000 times better than this but I am sure you all can appreciate it. So honored to have been able to have been there. I would like to hear your feedback. I think my favorite was Who's To Say it always tears me up but this was just  :o 

And big thanks to Katia for uploading them and for this site!! Loveyoulongtime!!

http://www.nessaholics.com/vcsymphony/

You are the bomb.com! I was not expecting anything, that is very sweet of you to record that for us. I can't wait to listen to it on my lunch break!

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for the recordings.

*Listening now*