Author Topic: 07/1/12 - Vanessa Carlton and USC Marching Band at the Walt Disney Concert Hall  (Read 14479 times)

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
http://arcadiasbest.com/2012/06/calphil-shows-off-new-dome-home/

I love how it says kid friendly and the sirens are sounding in the background. Haha.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that! lol
~Sara~

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
I love how it says kid friendly and the sirens are sounding in the background. Haha.

Am I the only one who's a little worried that it's maybe hard for her to be/speak kid friendly :-\ Just remember these concerts for that Disney-Event where she got kicked out.
But I bet she learned from that ;)
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook

Am I the only one who's a little worried that it's maybe hard for her to be/speak kid friendly :-\ Just remember these concerts for that Disney-Event where she got kicked out.

I had forgotten about that incident. Now that you mention it, I'm a little surprised that Disney would take that risk again. But I'm sure she will be on her Best Behavior (I'm so cheesy).

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile

For one thing, she hadn't been cursing in her shows like she did before during H&T era.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
I'm going on Saturday!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Cool, have fun. Can't wait to hear about it.

As I was driving today and listening to some V, couldn't help but think about what songs she may do. HAWBTW
Hands On Me, Home, really stood out. And P.S. I will die if they do Pretty Baby.

ryan9315

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Cool, have fun. Can't wait to hear about it.

As I was driving today and listening to some V, couldn't help but think about what songs she may do. HAWBTW
Hands On Me, Home, really stood out. And P.S. I will die if they do Pretty Baby.

I'd love for any of those! I have no doubt it will be something epic.

I'm gonna try and tape it. Originally, I wasn't planning on going. My mom works for the city so she was offered tickets up close (but for like $200 for 2 which isn't feasible with my paycheck). Then she got invited by cal phil and now we're going "VIP" and sitting at a Section A table but I feel like it's gonna be far away. Worst of all is that I'm sitting with council members and the city manager so I have to remain calm to keep my mom's reputation cool!  :( But if I can, I'll definitely tape it.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah, tickets weren't cheap. I ended up with CC and it was $110. I don't mind the price but really, I would rather be further back for full sound which ironicially those tickets were cheaper. I didn't see any available though and as I said I didn't have time to call to find a ticket further back. So we'll see what happens.

I look forward to hearing your report and what she plays. I am sure you won't embarrass your mom.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Guys, if you can't video the whole thing, just voice record it. But please, video it. XD Have fun!

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

CloudsLikeCathedrals

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Guys, if you can't video the whole thing, just voice record it. But please, video it. XD Have fun!

Agreed! Stick that iPhone voice recorder on  and point the microphone away from the stage and you'll be golden!

Also, I feel it should be noted that this isn't a Disney event. The incident a few years ago at EPCOT was in the park and officially affiliated. Despite its name, the WDCH isn't owned by the Walt Disney Company.
t h e   n i g h t   h i t s   t h e    sea

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Man, you guys are bossy!! In 10 years have I or we ever let you down? Believe me we will do our best but I've never been to this venue so I don't even know how strict they are. I am also afraid I will be so enthralled, I may forget ;)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Man, you guys are bossy!! In 10 years have I or we ever let you down? Believe me we will do our best but I've never been to this venue so I don't even know how strict they are. I am also afraid I will be so enthralled, I may forget ;)

Yeah, you never did :D This is once in a lifetime thing, so.... hahahaha

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
so how was it yesterday?

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email

No kidding guys, chill out!  You get what you get and should be greatful for anything at all!  Thanks for all you do Let!  I hope she does do pretty baby, just for you!
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
Wow, sounds like it was an incredible experience for you guys! Thank you for sharing your stories!

It really was. There were so many moments where I lost my breath. Sadly, a recording could never emulate actually being there. Well maybe if you were hooked directly to the soundboard. Definitely make plans for the one in NC in Oct.

I am soooo going to that one.  I have the weekend off AND I had already put in a request to have the monday off because of halloween.  I'm just waiting to get tickets and I plan on flying down.  do you think you are going to come out for it?
~Sara~