Author Topic: New Album- Euphoria?!  (Read 222917 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Re: New Album- Euphoria?!
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2013, 01:12:28 pm »
Do we know if the album is being recorded to tape yet? I would much prefer it not to be :-\

No idea as of yet.  Why do you ask?

Dan/NS

lilwizardman_gelo

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2013, 06:48:10 pm »
I hope very 7 swords take it easy and patience in this new album and other songs that I have sure it will be very beautiful

They should be. The tracklist is likely to be:
1. Patience
2. 7 Swords
3. Unlock the Lock
4. Take It Easy
5. The Only Way
6. Do It
7. Let It Go
8. Cold Young Heart
9. Never Together
10. Money Maker
~Our minds hold the chaos that started everything~

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2013, 06:20:38 am »
how do you guys know all the titles? What is 7 swords??

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:17 pm »
how do you guys know all the titles? What is 7 swords??

There was a chalkboard photo of the tentative tracklist. i'm sure it's on here if you look hard enough! =)

williansouza908

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 03:15:03 pm »
new album will be great I am sure

lilwizardman_gelo

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 10:43:00 am »
new album will be great I am sure

Yes Apparently it's going to be 'Creep to the 7th power'.
From Twitter:

Nanzferdinand: @VanessaCarlton On a scale of 1 - Creep, how much creep can we expect in the new album?
Vanessa Carlton: ‏@nanzferdinand Creep to the 7th power
~Our minds hold the chaos that started everything~

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2013, 07:42:44 am »
OK I think we can officially discard that list on her blackboard as final now since things seem to have changed. Maybe she's written more? We'll get a bunch of them I presume, but whatever happens to the others I hope we still get to hear 'em!

Songs confirmed for the album:
Willows
Take it Easy
House of 7 Swords
A Matter of Time

Also a recent tweet confirms I'll Wait For You won't be on there, and an estimated summer release. Feels like such a long wait :( But she needs time to finish the album and start her family! The new recordings show it will be worth it.

Mattheus Mopera @VanessaCarlton is this going to be the lead single of your new album? I really hope you'd answer..

Vanessa Carlton
@SirMattheus_M nah, album comes out next summer or so. Another single will be released just before album x

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:46:48 am by TRINIST »

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:59 am »
^I dunno, let's not yet dismiss the list, please. I think she just switched titles or used certain lines from the songs.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »
Unlock the lock is on. She sang it sat
~Sara~

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2013, 02:14:19 am »
I have to say that I've not listened to the new songs too much.  I finally heard them live, and I liked them, but I'm not in love with them nor do i feel the need to listen to them all the time, like I did with the ROTR songs when we had those before the album came out. 
I was wondering to myself why and I figured it out.  The songs are very repetitive, a quality that she has not used in her writing since BNN.  All her songs have been so lyrically driven in past albums; they tell a story and always move forward.  I feel these songs lack some of that story telling and imaginative lyrics as songs past.  I'm not saying they aren't good and have a complete lack of these things, just somewhat deficient.  I'm thinking the album presentation of the songs will be more of a complete package with all the different techniques she's been utilizing lately, but it used to be that I liked the acoustic better than album!  I guess I will see.
~Sara~

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2013, 11:12:18 am »
I have to say that I've not listened to the new songs too much.  I finally heard them live, and I liked them, but I'm not in love with them nor do i feel the need to listen to them all the time, like I did with the ROTR songs when we had those before the album came out. 
I was wondering to myself why and I figured it out.  The songs are very repetitive, a quality that she has not used in her writing since BNN.  All her songs have been so lyrically driven in past albums; they tell a story and always move forward.  I feel these songs lack some of that story telling and imaginative lyrics as songs past.  I'm not saying they aren't good and have a complete lack of these things, just somewhat deficient.  I'm thinking the album presentation of the songs will be more of a complete package with all the different techniques she's been utilizing lately, but it used to be that I liked the acoustic better than album!  I guess I will see.

i see what you mean. i also find the songs repetitive, but that's part of the style she's exploring. have you heard the songs she's been listening to? it's all about sound effects, so they repeat the lyrics a lot. i actually think it's really cool, but i understand what you're saying. just give it time, i'm sure the songs will grow on you! :)

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »

i see what you mean. i also find the songs repetitive, but that's part of the style she's exploring. have you heard the songs she's been listening to? it's all about sound effects, so they repeat the lyrics a lot. i actually think it's really cool, but i understand what you're saying. just give it time, i'm sure the songs will grow on you! :)

yeah, i know it's her new direction, i figured that.  i'm also sure that the songs will sound better/more complete once I hear the album versions.  not hating on her or the style, it's just different.
~Sara~

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2013, 07:22:59 am »
Not sure if the new website is a prelude to the styles of next album, or just a bit friendlier towards mobile devices and slow computers, but there's new merchandise on the store:

http://www.vanessacarltonstore.com/apparel.html

Might get a t-shirt, although I'm not totally crazy about the colours...

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2013, 09:39:33 am »
I didn't even notice the new stuff! I need a purple tank top.

sarab

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2013, 04:38:32 am »
i didn't even go to the store thinking it would just be albums/litho per usual!
~Sara~